Houston
Sponsored by

Officer killed in Cypress

47,536 Views | 304 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Al Bula
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The gas is super easy to prove
jopatura
AG
http://m.click2houston.com/blob/view/-/35360170/data/2/-/rtd9qf/-/goforth-warrant.pdf

Goforth's car was parked at the gas pump. According to the officer who watched the video from the surveillance cameras, Goforth exited the convenience store, walked towards his patrol car, and passed Miles sitting in his car. Once Goforth passed Miles, Miles got out of the car and shot him in the back.

It doesn't appear Goforth was actively pumping gas when he was shot, although I guess the pump could have still been in his gas tank.

The search warrant doesn't mention the female at all.
T Durden
AG
Sounds like a lot of defense attorney FUD.
Bassmaster
AG
The people speculating that this is a hit are being ridiculous. I would think that anyone hired to commit a hit would be smart enough not to do it in a public place with cameras and people all around.
tylercsbn9
AG
quote:
The people speculating that this is a hit are being ridiculous. I would think that anyone hired to commit a hit would be smart enough not to do it in a public place with cameras and people all around.
And then go park his car at his mom's house half a mile away.

He was killed for being a cop. Plain and simple. Off duty or not doesn't change that fact. Have fun with the needle Miles.
BMX Bandit
Killing someone "because they are a cop" isn't what gets the death penalty

It's an interesting legal question
Bassmaster
AG
I agree that it is interesting in determining whether the defendant is eligible for the death penalty. But that is where the relevancy of the girlfriend ends.
BMX Bandit
Exactly
. . .

HCSO investigator had "consensual sexual contact" with Goforth eyewitness

http://www.click2houston.com/news/court-documents-hcso-investigator-had-sexual-relations-with-witness-to-goforths-murder/35754744
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Can this case get any stranger? Holy crap.
sts7049
AG
what the f***?
Waltonloads08
AG
so are all the deputies banging the same nanny?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Is this thing just turning into a small town Saturday night?

BillYeoman
Can someone summarize this up?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
http://m.click2houston.com/blob/view/-/35360170/data/2/-/rtd9qf/-/goforth-warrant.pdf

Goforth's car was parked at the gas pump. According to the officer who watched the video from the surveillance cameras, Goforth exited the convenience store, walked towards his patrol car, and passed Miles sitting in his car. Once Goforth passed Miles, Miles got out of the car and shot him in the back.

It doesn't appear Goforth was actively pumping gas when he was shot, although I guess the pump could have still been in his gas tank.

The search warrant doesn't mention the female at all.

If the cop was on-duty, needed to gas up his car, did so, then went inside and paid how is that not discharging an official duty?

Every cop I've ever seen when gassing up will go into a c-store to get a beverage, maybe a snack, and BS with the clerk. It's often a deterrent to bad guys if they know cops frequent certain c-store/gas stations. It's textbook "community policing" where the cops forge relationships within the neighborhoods.
Stat Monitor Repairman
WTF? Was this witness a working girl that serviced deputies or just some hose hound that got passed around?

Strange indeed.
Ryan the Temp
AG
#sexlivesmatter
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Can someone summarize this up?

T Durden
AG
Pretty dumb.
Al Bula
AG
Sure would love to see what this broad looks like...
Stat Monitor Repairman
The more i think about it, the more this sh** stinks to high heaven. This was some kind of deal where the killer went into a rage because his bae was sucking off a bunch of cops. He knew where she was getting picked up and was lying in wait.

the hsco investigator in a capital murder case was fing a witness that also happened to be fing the victim?

Come on now.
jja79
AG
So the woman was standing over the body crying just after it happened and the SO investigators didn't mention this? Sounds as if they may have known about the affair and didn't file a fully accurate report.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Also, now you got a situation where the hcso investigator is a fact witness in the case?

Id like to be a fly on the wall when they call that witness.

IF true, IMO the states capital murder charge probably went out the window. Gotta save face.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Sure would love to see what this broad looks like...
Not really. You are in for a disappointment.

Just another badge bunny !
Cole Trickle
AG
That badge will get you azz, but that azz will get your badge!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
She's trying her best to join the 100 Club.
Duck Blind
AG
Did the HCSO bang the same woman as Goforth?

Good Lord how his widow must feel. It's only going to get worse for her when the details come out in trial. I feel for her and her son.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The investigator reminds me of George Costanza in the episode where he sleeps with the office cleaning lady on his desk. I imagine the investigator in front of his superior officer, "Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?"
pasquale
AG
More craziness to this

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2015/10/09/police-suspects-brother-photographed-goforth-muder-scene/73701266/

Al Bula
AG
That's insane. It takes a special piece of scum to photograph a dead LEO your brother just killed in cold blood.
T Durden
AG
Probably just for the scrapbooking memories of his brother...
lunchbox
What else could happen with this case...???

http://www.click2houston.com/news/breaking-judge-recuses-self-in-case-against-man-accused-of-killing-harris-county-deputy/35924062

quote:
HOUSTON -

KPRC 2 has learned that the judge presiding over the case against Shannon Miles, the man accused of killing Deputy Darren Goforth, has voluntarily recused herself from the case. This is a developing story and we will provide more updates as they become available.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Edit: nevermind.
Jackal99
AG
Geez...

http://abc13.com/news/questions-arise-about-treatment-of-admitted-mistress-in-goforth-case/1056072/
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
this whole thing has become a cluster f * c k of the highest order and if Clopton's BS took the Death Penalty off the table, he's gonna find he has very few friends with badges around town.
I am a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.