Hearthstone Nerds

129,118 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
Cloud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Came here to complain about that stupid ****ing card.
gig them
AG
I, for one, welcome our new Shudderwock overlords
redline248
AG
They will probably end up giving it the Yogg treatment
Line Ate Member
AG
The thing is, I have had games where I can't pull him. I have cycled through 45 of my cards and am just sitting at 10 health praying to the rng-overlords to give me that stupid card.
redline248
AG
The first game I played with him he was the last card. Other games, I could never draw the life drinker, or grumble. It is a bit like quest mage. At least quest mage killed you in less than 20 mins once they drew Antonidas
Line Ate Member
AG
Yep most of the Shaman fights have taken north of 20 min. I have also have been playing against some players that have the best card draws ever.

Or maybe I am just terribad. Probably more of this than the first...
redline248
AG
Let me clarify. After 10 or 15 mins of setup, the mage kills you fast. After 10 or 15 mins of setup, shudderwock takes 20 mins to kill you
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The only deck I drew the cards to piece together is a spiteful keleseth lady in white priest deck. In five or six games, I've yet to draw lady in white once. I even triple checked to make sure she's in the deck, but she always stays at the bottom.

Despite that, I'm something like 3-2 or 3-3 with it. Not quite as terrible as I would have expected for a run of games where I didn't draw the deck's Central card.

Will wait and see how the meta settles before I craft any other decks. I have 8k dust ready to burn.
Thanks and gig'em
Line Ate Member
AG
I was OTK'd by a priest who did double health on his taunt minions and then popped void ripper the next turn.

It was a fund game to say the least.
gig them
AG
redline248 said:

Let me clarify. After 10 or 15 mins of setup, the mage kills you fast. After 10 or 15 mins of setup, shudderwock takes 20 mins to kill you

Those quest mage games felt like solitaire. There was zero interaction with the opponent... the only question was whether you could stay alive long enough for the epic sax music.

It was fun to run that deck for a bit, but it got boring kinda quick. I'm thinking the same thing will happen here.
srob2004
AG
Shudderwock has not been that great, or maybe I'm just seeing none of them.

Still see tons of Cube Lock and some Control Lock.

I love some of the Druid Decks now... mostly Quest+Maly and Taunt.

redline248
AG
Yeah, I think Shudder just takes way too long. Saw a taunt druid with hadronox, earlier today. That was annoying.
Line Ate Member
AG
I always wanted hadr Box to be a thing. My rng is so bad I could never do it.
redline248
AG
Odd Tempo rogue seems pretty good. Between the vilespine and 2 owls, taunts are not as much of an obstacle. Only played 8 games tonight, but 6-2. Wrecked 2 paladins and a cube lock.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
We did it again guys! 3rd time legend. This time with big spell mage. This deck absolutely destroyed the meta and was really fun. I don't know what my win rate was but it was really good. I loved destroying cubelocks and taunt druid with this.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1098618-legend-big-spell-mage-full-guide

GoneForGood
Cotton383#1868

Just started playing again. Building a decent mage deck.
redline248
AG
Welcome back, will add you later
GoneForGood
Am I the only one that absolutely hates it when you know you have someone beat and they concede? Like, cmon just let me beat the crap outta you!
Vade281
AG
Damn, I'm missing 4 legendaries and 2 epics from that big spell mage. I seem to be forever stuck at rank 4/5
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Line Ate Member
AG
The taunt Druid/cube is a pretty dang fun deck to play. I was able to outlast a control mage with some timely board clears thanks to Arthas. It is hard to discard cards from your deck when you don't have any!!
redline248
AG
speaking of discarding...I made a mage deck with only 6 spells to run book of specters. Very first game, I had drawn 2 spells before I drew book. Played book, discarded 3 spells. I conceded on the spot.
Line Ate Member
AG
I thought my rng was terrible
redline248
AG
You have no idea
redline248
AG
1 for 1 on monster hunt. Went straight through with tracker. Only annoying thing is that you have to start a new run to finish the quest if you beat it the first run.
Thunder18
AG
redline248 said:

1 for 1 on monster hunt. Went straight through with tracker. Only annoying thing is that you have to start a new run to finish the quest if you beat it the first run.

Curious what your strategy with the tracker was, I hated playing it with her, but really enjoy cannoneer
redline248
AG
Thunder18 said:

redline248 said:

Curious what your strategy with the tracker was, I hated playing it with her, but really enjoy cannoneer
probably mostly luck, but I generally tried to keep the other board clear and leave one minion up and play freezing trap over and over. I had a secret heavy deck.
Thunder18
AG
Did you face forlorn lover? I haven't been able to beat her yet
redline248
AG
Which one is that? I don't remember, but doesn't sound familiar.
Thunder18
AG
Her passive power/deck essentially try to pull all your cards out of your deck. I lost to her twice just via attrition. Really frustrating
Line Ate Member
AG
I ran into her. Had a beautiful jade deck. Brought out 3 brans and then 2 murloc oracles
Thunder18
AG
I finally beat her(Forlorn) last night, but then got Glinda Crowskin as my final boss. I had her dead to rights, but she has some infinite loop of minions that get shuffled back into her deck that made it impossible to beat her. She just kept being able to recycle these 3 cards after wiping my minions, and I could never kill them all and get her to take any sanage from that point...super frustrating after I had finally gotten past Forlorn Lovers
redline248
AG
only 10 rogue wins to go for 500. Good ol' Caverns Below
redline248
AG
Wow, nerfs coming.

Cubelock - Dark pact changed down to heal 4, possesed lackey up to 6 mana
Even Paladin - Call to Arms up to 5 mana
Quest Rogue - (2nd nerf to the quest) upon completion minions are 4/4 instead of 5/5
Spiteful Druid - Summoner up to 7 mana
Hagen95
AG
I have enjoyed the witchwood solo quests, other than the timekeeper one. I don't like her skills at all so I pretty much stink at it.
redline248
AG
Anyone seeing new or different decks today following the nerfs?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.