Hearthstone Nerds

129,099 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all...I'm starting love Yogg-Saron

Vade281
AG
lol, no objections. I agree with a 1-2 day turn around. I have a tournament with friends that lasted all of 2 rounds because everyone decided not to play their matches. If we can get only 8 people, that'd still be fun to me.

I also changed my battle tag .... Vade#11172
I thought I'd be able to choose the numbers behind it, guess not.
Really???
quote:
Y'all...I'm starting love Yogg-Saron

It's probably in this thread, but what's that overlay?
3rd and 2
AG
That overlay is Hearthstone Deck Tracker. It's really useful.
Really???
Gracias
Predmid
AG
woo. up to 15 with dirty warlock.
redline248
AG
Zoo is my most successful deck this month
Ganondorf
AG
Sometimes I honestly don't know why I even bother with this game, other than I've invested money and time so I feel compelled to utilize what I've bought.

The last 4 seasons after getting to 5 twice in a row I just go on these horrendous losing streaks. Last month it was a pair of 7 game streaks that caused me to stop playing and today I've lost 10 in a row. After the 10th I was obviously unhappy and have quit (probably for the season) but for the other 9 games I just queued for another game or switched decks. I don't think my play was being overly influenced by the losing streak.
Predmid
AG
Figured out why I dislike hearthstone compared to other games.

If I want a specific card, I can usually go out and find it and buy it.

How many packs would it take to either:
-find a specific legendary card or
-gather enough dust to craft a specific card.

Tired of getting wrecked by decks that drop legendary after legendary when I have all of Two, one of which is c'thun.
redline248
AG
Yeah it can take a really long time to build your collection. And you might not ever get the legendary you want from opening packs.
Vade281
AG
Took me a year of on and off playing before I was able to get a bunch of legendaries that were useful. TBH, you can run a lot of the top decks with no legendaries and get to rank 5 or even legend with enough patience.
Predmid
AG
...still sucks to rare and epics cards that you don't have all the same.
Krys
AG
Yeah this game is very unforgiving to new players.

Part of the reason "standard" was added was to give new players a less overwhelming card library to worry about collecting. However, even with this addition it's still hard to catch up if you are new.

I would recommend playing arena. If you manage 4-5 wins, the pack you get essentially costs less. 7+ wins is essentially a free pack. Still not the best option but it's what's available.
Line Ate Member
AG
I started playing a couple of months ago after not playing for about 6-7 months. I wish I had known about dust and being able to make cards that I want with said dust. It will take a long time, but you can build up your dust supply and then create the cards you want.

I was saving up for a legendary, but decided to cash in at 1300 to make some missing pieces for a zoolock deck. It isn't perfect, but it gets the job done.
3rd and 2
AG
Dammit, dammit, dammit!! I got up to rank 2 (full stars) this month, highest I've ever been, then lost all the way back to rank 7. I was playing zoo and hit a brick wall and switched to another deck and plummeted. Argh!
Predmid
AG
Also, moved up to 15 with a midrange/semicombo Shaman. I think I'm just a few cards off from this being a fairly competitive deck.

It desperately needs some card draw, but otherwise I think I have a decent answer for a lot of matchups.
Forum Troll
AG
I've made it to 13 with aggro shaman this season, was 14 last season so not much difference.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
The swings are brutal. Made it to 8 with N'Zoth Paly then plummeted to 12. Worked my way back to 8 with totem shaman and have slipped back to 10. Now I'm stuck between 9-11 regardless of what deck I play.

I think I just suck.
Vade281
AG
I got up to 4 with camel hunter. I don't think I have it in me to finish to legend.
3rd and 2
AG
Camel toe hunter?
redline248
AG
quote:
I think I just suck.
I have over 400 games this month and topped out at 13. I definitely suck
TKEAg04
AG
The beauty of hearthstone is that there really isn't 1 deck that rules them all. You really have to be cognizant about the type of deck you are playing and adjust your play style accordingly. There are decks that counter every type of deck, and I honestly think the game analyzes your deck and gives you somewhat of an advantage by matching you with a weaker deck archetype some games, and stronger others.

I have been playing for almost 3 years now and still get crazy swings in rank. I don't really play competitively, and usually only have time after a few glasses of wine and after my kids are in bed. I have learned to really analyze my every move and try to anticipate what my opponent will do 2-3 or more moves down the road. That only comes through experience.

Keep at it!!
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
I think Zerus can go in any deck that you think to yourself "what can my last card be?"
redline248
AG
This reminds me, how much gold do y'all keep on hand at any given time? Do you enter the arena anytime you have 150? Or just on occasion?
Cloud
I almost always start an arena run when I hit 150g
Krys
AG
I usually try to save up close to the release of a new set.

This past release I had around 3k.

But I only have around 400 right now because I have been doing arenas all week
Vade281
AG
I have the most fun in Arena...I try to hit rank 5 in a month and then juts focus on Arena the rest of the month
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I did a lot of arena runs when I was new and didn't have any good decks, but now that my decks are decent I tend to focus on gaining rank with them and spending my gold on card packs. When a new expansion or adventure is announced, I start saving then so I'll have enough gold to access most of it when it comes out.
htownag08
AG
Just joined - TNilli#1631

Huge learning curve - just getting stomped almost every game. Fun game, but I wish there was a way to know if i'm getting my butt kicked because of poor play vs. them just having a superior deck.

Reading through this thread little by little - helping a lot.
redline248
AG
If you're brand new, it's probably b/c they have better decks. Also, this is the first day of the new season, so lots of returning good players are shuffled down into the high ranks. They'll work themselves down the ladder and out of your bracket soon enough.

Have you finished leveling all the classes to 10, yet?
htownag08
AG
Not yet. Trying to do the quests as they come up and just get new cards. I was focusing on one class.
Post removed:
by user
htownag08
AG
Good to know! I'll get working at that!
Vade281
AG
I don't think our tourney is going to happen. Not enough interest

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.