Hearthstone Nerds

129,112 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Back to back games this happened. Bran + cthun

2nd game, the dude played bran + twin emperor then cthun.
redline248
AG
Here's a little Yogg fun. 13 spells cast, not a single point of damage to the opponent, unless you include claw.

Evolve - did nothing
Windfury - on enemy minion
Dark bargain - killed both minions, discarded my hand
Claw - gave me +2 attack
Power word: tentacles - buffed Yogg
Equality - set Yogg to 1 health
Cone of Cold - Killed 1 health Yogg
Power Word Glory - did nothing
Unleash Hounds - did nothing
Ancestral Knowledge - drew 2 cards
Force of nature - summoned 3 trees
Explosive trap for me
Polymorph - 1 tree into sheep

Really???
I saw a video today of a Brann + Yogg Saron that did virtually nothing except the Yogg Shadowstepped itself back into the guy's hand.

He didn't record his next turn.
Ganondorf
AG
The odds have to be low of not getting a damage spell?
agmrpink
AG
If y'all want to try a random non-C'thun deck, give this OTK Reno Priest a shot.

I'm still working on it, but getting conceded to is really fun. Just make sure you don't overdraw and burn the good stuff.

agmrpink
AG
Fun fact to piggyback on that deck ^:

Don't accidentally play Auchenai Soulpriest before Reno.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
quote:
Me still go face
15-4

Short the eaglehorn bow and the call of the wild, I'm using this. It feels so cheap but these Cthun decks are so slow.

Replaced the missing cards with the minions that have a +1/+1 death rattle. Unless there's a big taunt and I can't mark it this deck is nails.
I included Call of the Wild mainly because it looks fun and I have a couple of them. But after playing it is not just fun but great later in the game when you are running out of steam and boom, 3 minions on the board and one is a 5/2 huffer.
Really???
Yeah it's an incredible card. I'd be adding if I had it since if the game goes late I'm probably screwed.
Ganondorf
AG
Won the first 2 with C'thun priest, promptly lost the next 6. Time to quit for basketball.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
I got to rank 9!! That's my best yet. Talk about a wild ride. Since release I've gone from 13 to 18 to 9. I'm loving the new stuff.
Ganondorf
tremble
AG
I'm playing an aggro paladin deck that is driving people insane.

I'll post later tonight.
3rd and 2
AG
I'm up to rank 4 again!
redline248
AG
Ganondorf showed a tempo warrior deck to me, since I had win 5 as warrior quest. That deck took me from 15 to 11, one win short of 10. Only lost 2 games during the run. I'll take it.
Vade281
AG
Deck List?
redline248
AG
I don't have the 3 warrior legendary cards, so I put in Sylvanis, Gorehowl and brawl. I also removed 1 whirlwind and added Justicar.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/521851-tempo-warrior-rank-3-legend-multiple-top-100
agmrpink
AG
So I just realized that I had goldens of both Keeper of the Grove and Blade Flurry and won a free legendary!

General consensus on crafting a Harrison Jones for some control decks on a scale of regrettable to good: what's the verdict on my decision?
TKEAg04
AG
Depends on the meta. Might not be a bad idea with the crazy amount of aggro shamans around.
Ganondorf
AG
If you are playing Control then Harrison won't be a bad craft assuming you have the other elements first. You could get away with the ooze to destroy weapons if you wanted but the card draw is really nice.

Warrior, shaman, and hunter aren't going to stop using weapons. I'm not sure it is great against rogue since blade flurry took a hit and tinker's is gone.
Ganondorf
AG
That was a great run.
Cloud
quote:
If you are playing Control then Harrison won't be a bad craft assuming you have the other elements first. You could get away with the ooze to destroy weapons if you wanted but the card draw is really nice.

Warrior, shaman, and hunter aren't going to stop using weapons. I'm not sure it is great against rogue since blade flurry took a hit and tinker's is gone.
With all the face shaman running around harrison should probably be a staple in control
Really???
Just drew a DOOM.

This seems particularly useless and a great way to suicide.
Predmid
AG
Ok, in all seriousness, I just started playing today for reals. I watched from afar because I know I'd go in deep.

Predmid #1432

Playing a terrible mage deck for now. Seriously need a bunch of basic creatures still.
redline248
AG
It may not be as fun, but I think it's pretty easy to level every class to 10 vs the inn keeper. That should result in all the basic cards.
Really???
Things to do as a newbie:

Leveling everyone to 10 in solo games is essential.
After that concentrate in your daily quests to get gold. Stay away from ranked play until you're a bit better.

Every 100g you get you can buy a pack. Its hard to say where to concentrate starting out.

Hearthpwn.com is a great resource for discussions and decks. I suck at deck building do most of mine are stolen from there.

Eventually you'll start getting duplicate cards which you can turn into dust to make other cards you need. You can either save that for legendaries or just fill out what you have that's missing.

There are a LOT of viable decks without legendaries so don't feel that its a necessity. I'm running a hunter deck now and I don't think it has anything that's legendary or epic and they're all cheap cards.
redline248
AG
Whenever the new season starts each month, what is your approach? Do you go with your most successful/favorite deck and try to ladder, or do you experiment?

I usually like to experiment for a while before doing serious ladder play.
tremble
AG
quote:
Things to do as a newbie:

Leveling everyone to 10 in solo games is essential.
After that concentrate in your daily quests to get gold. Stay away from ranked play until you're a bit better.

Every 100g you get you can buy a pack. Its hard to say where to concentrate starting out.

Hearthpwn.com is a great resource for discussions and decks. I suck at deck building do most of mine are stolen from there.

Eventually you'll start getting duplicate cards which you can turn into dust to make other cards you need. You can either save that for legendaries or just fill out what you have that's missing.

There are a LOT of viable decks without legendaries so don't feel that its a necessity. I'm running a hunter deck now and I don't think it has anything that's legendary or epic and they're all cheap cards.
Honestly, I think purchasing the adventures is critical to start. There are so many class cards and valuable legendaries that are practically irreplaceable in most decks.
3rdGen2015
AG
I decided I was going to pick this back up after about a year and a half off. I have everybody somewhere between levels 10-20 from my old gameplay. Do any of you have streamers that you watch that are helpful? I know a lot of what they play won't be available to me because I don't have the cards, but I would like to get a feel for how good players think while they're playing.
Predmid
AG
I also bought like 50 packs. So there's that.
Predmid
AG
quote:
I decided I was going to pick this back up after about a year and a half off. I have everybody somewhere between levels 10-20 from my old gameplay. Do any of you have streamers that you watch that are helpful? I know a lot of what they play won't be available to me because I don't have the cards, but I would like to get a feel for how good players think while they're playing.

Kripp is probably pretty good. I've been watching him for a while now. He talks alot about his plays and things he needs to do to win in the moment and cards he knows he's playing around that wreck him.
redline248
AG
Trump (or trumpsc) is another good one. He has a youtube series about the basics of play that is pretty helpful. I think it was linked before, but here it is again:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX
Ganondorf
AG
quote:

Trump and Brian Kibbler. Kripp is ok in small doses for me.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

Kripp is probably pretty good. I've been watching him for a while now. He talks alot about his plays and things he needs to do to win in the moment and cards he knows he's playing around that wreck him.
Kripp is one of the worst "big" streamers for me. So boring and a lot of arena which isn't good for understanding deck strategy.

Kibler is one of the best as he explains why he does a lot of things. HSDogDog is pretty good and Firebat is cool because he does "Deck Doctor" like once a week where he lets people submit decks, refines then and plays them with his feedback.
bevokilla
AG
For entertainment value, Reynad is great because he gets so pissed at the RNG aspects of the game.
agmrpink
AG
Off-topic, but what are y'alls thoughts on using Inkeeper to track deck inventory during matches and avoid the card-counting aspect?

Extremely useful tool, or borderline cheating?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.