Hearthstone Nerds

129,101 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Naturalize and coldlight oracle is awful to play against. Once I figured out I was going to fatigue I just quit.
redline248
AG
This was honestly one of my least favorite brawls. I played it enough to get a win and a pack, and I won't be playing it again. How do y'all keep playing so much of this brawl?
EastSideAg2002
quote:
This was honestly one of my least favorite brawls. I played it enough to get a win and a pack, and I won't be playing it again. How do y'all keep playing so much of this brawl?
Looking for the unbeatable combination I guess
Really???
It's a bit silly but I'm loving this one. Its got a rock paper scissors aspect to it.

Innervate Loatehb is great against Naturalize/Coldlight or Mana Wyrm/Whatever but it gets destroyed by a minion build.

Yshaarj/Innervate is hard to pull off but laughably overpowered if you get one down.
Really???
Dude refused to concede so I refused to kill him.

Forum Troll
AG
I didn't like last week's brawl. Countless spiders was stupid. This week seemed promising bUT there are some combos that are unbeatable and more people are figuring them out.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Probably the best Yogg outcome that I've seen:

Civen
AG
quote:
This brawl is the absolute best for getting quests done. It's very RNG dependent (deck, draw, etc) but most games are over by turn 3-4. Even if you lose, it was only a couple minutes of your time. Much better than slogging out a 15-20 minute control vs control matchup, and losing at the very end for no quest progress.
3rd and 2
AG
Have any of y'all ever made legend? Any tips for getting to legend?
TKEAg04
AG
quote:
Was very close a few months back - made it to rank 3. I found it was a huge grind and just be prepared to lose a lot, and then slowly make progress and win some. Everybody at those ranks are highly skilled. I'm not even going to try anymore and have only been playing ranked to get into the high teens for the monthly cardback. I'm working on becoming a much better arena player.
redline248
AG
I suck, so no. I can't even get to freaking 16 this month.
Predmid
AG
I made it to 22!

Wooo!
Line Ate Member
AG
I just feel that without a few classic cards I will never be able to get into the mid teens
redline248
AG
you can probably get there with a cheap zoo warlock. What specific cards do you need/want?
Line Ate Member
AG
I just feel like most competitive have one of or more than one of the dragons and a Sylvanes. I need to go online and see what I have compared to the decks out there. I should have been playing from the start...

On a brighter note, I won a nice slow tavern brawl with redemption and a light in the darkness. Fun filled rng was good to me. It helped that the person I was playing was using a twilight geomancer and a c'thun but it was fun still.
HeadGames
AG
The brawl for this week I picked worm and frost bolt on Mage. Seems pretty easy. Coin drop two worms turn one, proceed in bolts to face. Pretty boring
Ganondorf
AG
quote:

Legend requires both luck and a lot of time. I made it to 5 back to back months and then never devoted that much time again. Unless you get lucky and go on a crazy win streak it will take a long time to get there.
redline248
AG
I just won 8 games in arena. Never won more than 6 before
Line Ate Member
AG
Should I try an arena run instead of always buying decks of cards? Or wait until I build up my collection to do arena?
redline248
AG
Just depends on preference. You don't need to have a robust collection in order to do arena, every card is "available." I put it in quotes bc you have no control over the cards. You're shown 3 cards and you choose one, until you have a full deck.

If you feel like using 150 gold, and don't mind losing, you could give it a try for the experience.
Line Ate Member
AG
Kind of happy I bought a pack...

https://imgur.com/a0oS2HU

Now I need some dragons haha

I would post a picture the normal way but I suck at the Internet.
redline248
AG
That's a pretty damn good pack, ha
Really???
quote:
Should I try an arena run instead of always buying decks of cards? Or wait until I build up my collection to do arena?
I believe the magic number on arena is 3 wins. If you can average 3 wins you're netting more than if you bought cards.

If you aren't averaging 3 wins, the gold is better spent on packs.

I'm either incredibly unlucky in my arena draws or just the worst player in the world. 3 almost never happens. It's kinda fun though now and then anyway.
Predmid
AG
I'll either go like 6 or flame out on 2.

Paladin has been the best luck for me, followed by Mage.

redline248
AG
Paladin and mage are the absolute strongest in arena. My 8 today was as mage, and 75% of my matches were against paladin.
Forum Troll
AG
All my decks are currently getting wrecked by control priests, which are literally 50% of my matchups. Doesn't matter if I run aggro or control. I need to develop a spell deck for mage just don't have enough cards yet.
Cloud
quote:
All my decks are currently getting wrecked by control priests, which are literally 50% of my matchups. Doesn't matter if I run aggro or control. I need to develop a spell deck for mage just don't have enough cards yet.

This surprises me. Shaman are by far my most seen opponent.
Forum Troll
AG
Running a patron worgen warrior build. Pretty hilarious to be down big then OTK someone who has complete board control. Decks with heavy taunt wreck this deck though.
3rd and 2
AG
Man, I was 2 wins away from rank 4 and tried a new Pally N'Zoth deck and lost all the way back to rank 9! Argh.

Tried playing the top Shaman deck on hearthpwn and got on a win streak and am not back to rank 6. Some wild swings in rank are happening!
Line Ate Member
AG
I haven't made my way over to ranked yet with my c'thun warrior deck yet. However the face/zoo hunter that I played in standard mode had to be all sorts of pissed.

He got me to 4 health when I got 10 armor for having my c'thun over 10. Then I brew mastered him back into my deck to redraw him again next round with a shield block on top. By the time he surrendered, he had no minions and I was sitting at 34 armor with 4 health remaining.

I am surprised that Blizzard has not created a "piercing" type card that ignores armor yet.
HeadGames
AG
I feel that the 7/7 uncommon for shaman that costs 4 mana crystals is the most OP card in the new set. I think they'll end up nerfing that thing.
Cloud
quote:
I feel that the 7/7 uncommon for shaman that costs 4 mana crystals is the most OP card in the new set. I think they'll end up nerfing that thing.

Yup. It's stupid. And let's be honest, if it was overload 4 it would probably still be played.
HeadGames
AG
quote:
quote:

Yup. It's stupid. And let's be honest, if it was overload 4 it would probably still be played.

Bingo, glad I'm not the only one.
Really???
I finally opened a legendary. So underwhelmed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.