* Halo 5: Guardians Thread *

19,051 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HossAg
Maroon_Liquid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Figured I'd start up a game thread on this one. 343 the studio behind it and releases on 10/27.

I'll be pre-ordering this one (not sure from whom yet) because I'm a sucker for the single player campaign, the Master Chief character and just the universe in general. Tons of new info from E3 this year on the new game mode - Warzone.

Pre-order bonus details - http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-pre-order-bonuses/

Two special versions of the game - http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-limited-collectors-editions-detailed/

Hunt the Truth podcast - https://m.soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/sets/hunt-the-truth (Well-done and setting the scene for Guardians.)

E3 footage -

Old Trailer -

Conan plays Halo 5 -

Warzone footage -

Gamertags (TA screename) :

Darth Pman
a TXaggie m (3Daggie)
The Varian
Keester11 (jeffk)
deathmullet76 (wee_ag)
LuckyArsenalAg (wangus12)
The Aggie (jr15aggie)
Arkyd
Jacobin DylCoop (Maveric)
KBridge20 (k20dub)
NSAspycam (Iced-T14)
Vade281 (jr281)
TICKLER21 (JoeCalAg05)
i TheRufio i (Ewok It Out08)
Tunejuice (codenamedutchess)
aggie118
b1gbass1170 (bigbass1170)
oilfieldAGGIE11 (aggieREX11)
JRyder05 (jarAGGIE05)

Thanks for adding me (gamertag: Marooned Aggie)
jeffk
AG
You're welcome.
02skiag
AG
I had not been reading about the game and just discovered there is no split-screen. I never even considered the possibility of Halo not having it. Other than that unforgivable issue, the game is pretty nice so far.
EarlyAg07
AG
Hell, add me to the list

DeathbyNagle
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I had not been reading about the game and just discovered there is no split-screen. I never even considered the possibility of Halo not having it. Other than that unforgivable issue, the game is pretty nice so far.
Normally I would say "who really cares"... but with my 5 & 9 year old started playing Halo this year and split screen has been so awesome in MCC. My son (the 5 year old) loves playing 1v1 with me. Of course I let him kill me, but sometimes I do go no holds bared for a few minutes and T-bagging is most definitely part of it!!!

He doesn't understand when I tell him we can't play Halo 5 together. I get that same blank stare like when I try to explain to him that some TVs can't pause.
ctexAg11
AG
Add me to the gamertag list!

GigEmGarcia

I just started playing Halo 5, but I concur with the TexAgs team idea!
k20dub
02skiag
AG
quote:
quote:
Normally I would say "who really cares"... but with my 5 & 9 year old started playing Halo this year and split screen has been so awesome in MCC. My son (the 5 year old) loves playing 1v1 with me. Of course I let him kill me, but sometimes I do go no holds bared for a few minutes and T-bagging is most definitely part of it!!!

He doesn't understand when I tell him we can't play Halo 5 together. I get that same blank stare like when I try to explain to him that some TVs can't pause.

Same for me! My kids kept telling me to let them both join in. I read their excuse for not doing it and it's just a bunch of lazy BS. Split screen is a part of Halo as much as master chief is. Just dumb
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

You better hope CPS doesn't see your post about t-bagging your son
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same for me! My kids kept telling me to let them both join in. I read their excuse for not doing it and it's just a bunch of lazy BS. Split screen is a part of Halo as much as master chief is. Just dumb
I love the oodles of fans who haven't coded a thing in their life claiming this is a "lazy" choice.

It's not lazy. It was a specific response to the fact that every AAA game released for XB1 has been hammered if it can't reach certain benchmarks, so they made damn sure the game played at a locked 60 FPS and was running at 1080p as much as possible.

If Halo had released at 30fps, the XB1 hate circlejerk would have had a field day. They picked their poison and hoped the community would get on board.

You can't satisfy everyone and for the most part, the days of couch co-op are over. Sad to say, but true. I can't remember the last time I had someone over to play, now it's all online. Part of that is a lack of games prioritizing it, but part of it is that the emergence of stable online gaming has eliminated the need for face to face sessions and massive lan parties.

I'd enjoy a splitscreen component, for sure, but I'm glad we have locked 60 fps and that is a higher priority for me at this point in life than splitscreen. Between the dedicated servers and the 60 fps, my multiplayer experience has been butter smooth, and that's something I appreciate very much considering that's about 90% of my playing experience compared to the maybe 2-5% where I have the opportunity for splitscreen.
02skiag
AG
I'm happy for you! But as you've alluded to they are prioritizing towards hardcore gamers. Unfortunately for Halo specifically, they screwed a large number of younger and family gamers over.
jr15aggie
AG
I definitely get why they didn't. And to be honest, even though my kids liked 2 player... I can't stand split screen. Gives me a splitting headache is what it does.

And what Kampfers said is true... it doesn't matter how powerful your system is, you always make sacrifices if you have split screen capability built into your game. For example, they do it in the upcoming Battlefront, but it's only allowed in the smaller co-op mode. It isn't allowed in the full MP because the system can't handle it. But I'll give Dice credit though... it's a huge selling point for Battlefront that Halo no longer has.
k20dub
AG
Is Halo 5 the first halo that is rated teen? I thought all the others were mature?
Greg09Ag
AG
I woke up at 4:30am for work hazy as balls and half asleep and bought the premium edition, because I'm an idiot. So add me, so I can curse at you in new and inventive ways. ****heads.

Xbl: DongosaurusRex
mid90
AG
quote:
Is Halo 5 the first halo that is rated teen? I thought all the others were mature?

Definitely. Halo CE was the first rated M game I ever played.
k20dub
AG
Wonder why that is. Maybe they just wanted it to be available for everyone?
Pman17
AG
There didn't seem to be as much blood as I remembered in Halo games. No flood either
wee_ag
AG
quote:
There didn't seem to be as much blood as I remembered in Halo games. No flood either
Freaking flood are worse than clowns. THAT'S the stuff of nightmares.

Oh and SPOILERS!
aggie4231
AG
Really liking it so far.

Wish the Slayer map rotation larger. I hate the Rig map, have had most of my low kdr there.

Gamertag is bulletspong99
Iced-T14
AG
Anyone want to do a legendary campaign run?
PatAg
AG
quote:
Really liking it so far.

Wish the Slayer map rotation larger. I hate the Rig map, have had most of my low kdr there.

Gamertag is bulletspong99
Yea, the rig favors players just charging around nonstop. I have a feeling as we climb in skill levels the play will be more enjoyable. People start to understand the concept of team play, and maintaining map control and tactics.
jr15aggie
AG
Ugh... I feel like I'm about to break up with a chick and giving her "the speech":

Seriously... seriously... Halo 5... you are a good game. You LOOK absolutely amazing, so much better than when we first got together. There are like a million guys out there that would be so lucky to have you. I don't know why, but I just feel like I need to start playing some other games now. But seriously, you are amazing and I really don't deserve you. It's not you... it's me.
AGnBCS
AG
Gamer tag : spahneebohim
GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm GarlandAg2012 on XBL as well as texags and i'll probably be playing in the evenings during the week.
Kampfers
AG
My experience with halo multiplayer is really summed up by the games I played tonight.

First game, thrown in with 3 guys with mics who stick together as a team. Roll the other guys. Everyone on our team had a K spread of at least +3.

Second game, one player immediately quits out. A second calls it quits mere minutes later. For 30 more kills it's just me and one other guy. Quite a boring experience.

Third match, no one can be bothered to cap the objectives and we get obliterated in stronghold, literally 100-1.

Fourth match, capture the flag. I have the enemy flag and run it to our base. My 3 teammates start trying to assassinate me and shoot me. Meanwhile our flag is halfway across the map because none of these ****s will go try to return it.

Played two more stronghold matches, each one ended something ridiculous (won one, lost one) because only one team actually sticks together.

Fifth match, slayer. Player quits immediately. It proceeds as 3-4. Game ended 47-50. Literally the only balanced game I played was one that didn't even have balanced teams.

So much for skill based matchmaking. It's really frustrating because the gameplay is fun enough to make me want more, but the good games are literally so few and far in between that it makes me want to quit playing literally 3 matches in every time. Maybe the higher tiers are better and I'm just stuck with the ****wads because I'm not a great player, but damn, it's not hard to ****ing PTO.
Madmarttigan
AG
That is what the MOBA community calls ELO hell, and will remain that way until you rise out of it.

I have only played a little bit but my slayer matches have been very fun and down to the wire. I am cautiously somewhat impressed by multiplayer. It has taken me a bit to really convince myself to play since I have been so disappointed with Halo the past... many... years.
Knife_Party
I want to play this game but will likely not play very much multiplayer. I enjoyed Halo 1,2,3, and 4. Is the campaign good enough alone to be worth playing?
jeffk
AG
I really, really like Warzone Assault.

Big maps + objective-based game = happy Keester11.

I still don't score in the positive very often, but I cap objectives and help the team more than just being canon fodder like I am in Slayer.

And I'm enjoying the campaign as well - a little darker and MC/Cortana aren't "good guys" (or are they?) but it's interesting and I like the look and feel of the gameplay and new weapon design and planets. Just a fun game altogether.
jeffk
AG
Haven't messed around with coop yet. Are the levels the same as the single player campaign?
jeffk
AG
http://news.xbox.com/2015/11/04/halo-5-guardians-biggest-halo-launch-in-history/?linkId=18493755

Record-setting launch.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Haven't messed around with coop yet. Are the levels the same as the single player campaign?
yes
Arkyd
AG
Anyone interested in organizing a group to to start running through the co-op campaign on legendary in the evenings?
PatAg
AG
Regaurding multiplayer.I would suggest just playing slayer until your raw slaying skills are good enough to climb out of the team arena lower levels. I just don't get why anyone would play a multiplayer game online, and NOT use their mics... I also hope they are going to be as punitive as they said they would for people quitting out.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Edit: Thumbs down not intended.

Having a squad is huge in Arena, but youll see players at all levels that just leave you wondering. Ive seen Gold players with tremendous skill and then play Platinum players who went 5-20 against our squad.

Currently slotted into Diamond 3. If anyone is interested in pushing for Plat Tier, add me on XBL. i TheRufio i Im generally on with 1 or 2 other people, so filling out the squad would be a huge plus.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Currently slotted into Diamond 3. If anyone is interested in pushing for Plat Tier, add me on XBL. i TheRufio i Im generally on with 1 or 2 other people, so filling out the squad would be a huge plus.

How often are you on? I've been checking off and on and haven't seen many people playing, or they are in full fireteams (one of whom totally ignored me when I joined the party ). If you're on, hit me up I need to start sucking with a group instead of by my self.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.