* Halo 5: Guardians Thread *

18,997 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HossAg
JR Ewing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
XBOXONE: CHUNKY LIVE - Halo copy to arrive tomorrow
sjn
AG
I have a KD of like 0.6 in team slayer. Yet, I somehow won 6 of the first 10 games and it put me in the platinum tier.

Right, wrong, or otherwise ... the initial tier placement is only based on team results .... not individual performance.

This is probably how people are being misplaced. It's still overall good that there is some ranking system though.
sjn
AG
Awesome game, by the way. Really enjoying it so far. I'm actually pretty good at free for all. Just need to improve my team skills.

I figured that I would be burned out on halo by now (I played lots of 3, reach, and 4). But, I'm actually not. It's still lots of fun
Ewok It Out08
AG
I had the opposite experience myself. Went through the Promo's with a KDA around 1.5 in Arena. However, it seemed that every game I played in, we had someone quit out early and I promoed into Gold 1. Pretty happy climbing up to Plat 3 in a few day. Its good to see a noticeable skill gap between Plat and Diamond.

Hoping to see a 2 v 2 queue within the next month or so and would like to see a CTF specific queue this weekend if it wins the vote (although shotty/sniper will probably win).
k20dub
AG
Capture the flag is A LOT of fun when you're in a party with everyone on your team. Personally, my favorite game mode. Rare that I can get 3 other people I know all playing at same time though.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Yep, I agree. Takes me back to Blood Gulch, Hang em and Damnation CTF. Great times.

Any chancr of TexAgs customs or warzone? Hit plat 5 but would enjoy some games with some Ags.
Pandaggie
AG
Gamertag: ilikethatpandaa

KD usually around 1.5
Just looking for a group to play with in the evenings. Any group is better than the rando's you're teamed with in Matchmaking.
Krussian09
AG
Gamertag: Jatt Ag

Warzone has been a blast so far.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Yep, I agree. Takes me back to Blood Gulch, Hang em and Damnation CTF. Great times.

Any chancr of TexAgs customs or warzone? Hit plat 5 but would enjoy some games with some Ags.

There was talk of trying to get a massive team together for war zone. I'd be down.
Iced-T14
AG
As would I!
Matmart33
AG
gamertag for both Xbox and ps4-Matmart33
Ewok It Out08
AG

A neat trick some of you may or may not know about. Crouch + Clamber can get you to areas you would not normally be able to reach.
Say Chowdah
AG
Finished the campaign mode. I don't like that you invariably start out with the assault rifle or battle rifle, only to run out of bullets 1/10th of the way through the level and have to rely on Covenant or Forerunner weapons.

Yet the rest of the team is always full.

That is why I preferred Reach and ODST's campaign modes. You could keep unsc weaponry the entire game if careful.
jeffk
AG
Updated OP with new users.
jeffk
AG
Just got my first rare assault rifle.

Am I right in thinking I can't equip it until Req Level 3 in a match?
Maveric
AG
For those doing the campaign still, spoilers!

Did anyone else who listened to the Hunt the Truth pod cast have a hard time correlating events described in it (and the tv spots) with what actually happened in the game?
IntensivePurposes
AG
quote:
For those doing the campaign still, spoilers!

Did anyone else who listened to the Hunt the Truth pod cast have a hard time correlating events described in it (and the tv spots) with what actually happened in the game?

As a lore nerd, and someone who has read the majority of the books...

Two things: They dumbed the actual story down quite a bit and forced this whole Locke v. Chief thing in.

Second, they marketed the game like a sheety reality show promo. Drama! Shakey camera angles! Unknown outcome!

The story of Jul v. The arbiter is actually a much better story, but its not as grand as the one in the game and doesn't involve chief.
Ewok It Out08
AG
8v8 Big Team Battle just released if anyone is interested.

Road to Onyx slayer continues. Hit diamond 4 last night.
datrixstunna
AG
Finally picked this up couple days ago. Played for about an hour. Still don't understand the Req packs in Arena. Do the have a snipers only playlist yet?
jarAGGIE05
AG
Is anyone still playing? I seem to be enjoying it more and more as time goes by. I know my gamertag (JRyder05) is on the OP but feel free to add me, because I'm still playing this nightly and don't see me stopping anytime soon. I like all modes.
skoal_man12
AG
I'm new to halo, just started with MCC going through all campaigns then picking up Halo5. Hope some of y'all are still playing when I get to it.
htc0008
AG
GamerTag HTC071112
Ewok It Out08
AG
New content patch plus season 1 coming soon. Will include new armor, maps and social queues in addition to resetting rankings.

Finally was able to play some and hit Onyx in slayer last night. Feel free to add me any of you new guys getting thd hame
wee_ag
AG
This really is a fun game, but man I've got so much going on right now I just don't have time to play it much...
TexanOdin
AG
Looking to play with some fellow ags instead of randoms

GT: RexArbiter1
jeffdjohnson
Does previous Halo experience factor into the Halo 5 matchmaking at all?

I probably peaked around Halo 3 but I still found time to play hundreds of hours of Halo 4. I was able to maintain a 1.75 Kill/Death ratio over the years (decade). However I have gotten my ass kicked hard playing Halo 5. I've only played around 6 hours total and maybe have a 0.6 Kill/Death ratio.

I can tell that some of the players that I am matched up against are pretty good. Then add to the fact that my accuracy and map awareness are currently poor. The game wasn't even remotely fun to play and at this point I can't imagine wanting to pick it up again. How many more times do I have to get my ass kicked before I get tossed in with the mediocre players?

Moral of the story. Getting married, having kids and a mortgage has a lot of benefits. I guess getting owned in Halo is the price that I have to pay.
Sandman23
AG
Finally picked up an Xbox One last week (been rolling PS4 since launch), so it's time to get back into some sweet sweet Halo action.

Add me and teach a noob some tricks: Sandman23
PatAg
AG
Just bumping this for anyone wondering, if you are a Halo multiplayer fan, this is a return to glory imo.
Jack Thauer
AG
Anyone still playing? On the verge of getting a One and wanted to see if anyone still played?

Going into matchmaking solo sucks when you get dumb teammates and they quit all the time.
Malachi Constant
AG
Hi I am a "patient gamer" who just was able to pick up a Series X. Finally playing Halo 5 and I love it. Really interesting to see all of the opinions from 5 years ago. I went in knowing nothing and I love the campaign.
jeffk
AG
You are patient!

I love the Halo story and campaign. Five was a lot of fun and I liked the new set of characters.
Pman17
AG
I hope Infinite is good. I'm ready to go back to Halo.
jr15aggie
AG
What's interesting is you can play Halo 4 (from MC Collection) and 5 and both look more visually appealing than what they showed in Infinite.

They defintely needed to rethink and retool that whole thing and that's exactly what they did. We'll see how it shakes out. It was my favorite franchise by far for many years.
HossAg
AG
I really hope Halo infinite and Battlefield 6 manage to revive some classic FPS multiplayer gameplay. The only good FPS gameplay lately is found in BRs (like apex), and COD just isn't what it used to be.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.