* Halo 5: Guardians Thread *

19,075 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HossAg
Risky101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
I still think a Halo movie that followed the Halo storyline would instantly become the next major scifi blockbuster universe. The potential is simply enormous
Can you imagine the budget they'd need to CGI all the Covenant. Not that I'd care. Definitely would be in for it.

I remember my initial reaction to Forward Unto Dawn being that I wanted more. And the Master Chief was barely in that.

Same here, they really made him seem the bad ass that he is...
jabberwalkie09
AG
Saw this on Youtube.

jeffk
TheVarian
AG
First mission

First walk through of the campaign. It looks smooth

I feel "meh" about it so far, although I really want to halo edition Xbox. Not gonna lie
jr15aggie
AG
Traded in Gears Ultimate today at Gamestop. With their trade in towards Halo deal I got $35. N
Very good value out of that deal for a game I really enjoyed.

I gotta admit though... I'm buying this out of loyalty really. So un-hyped for this game. But the good news is that I've stayed away from all spoilers etc so I know very little about it. No doubt I will enjoy the campaign.

Right now my expectations are to play the campaign and that's about it. I would probably trade it in to help pay for Battlefront, but my son loves Halo so I will probably keep so he can play through it.
Pman17
AG
Don't care what anyone says. I love Halo!

GT: Darth Pman

I'll be playing this next week.
RedbeardAG
AG
Was a huge Halo fan pre Master Chief Collection. That experience was the single worst video game experience ever and will probably lead to me sticking with Destiny/Battlefront for now. Really sad because this time a year ago I was pumped and couldn't wait for Halo 5.
Pman17
AG
Soundtrack Free to Listen

https://soundcloud.com/343ndustries/sets/halo-5-guardians-original-game-soundtrack
jeffk
AG
quote:
Soundtrack Free to Listen

https://soundcloud.com/343ndustries/sets/halo-5-guardians-original-game-soundtrack
Awesome.

Thanks for posting this!

BTW - ignore all those killjoys on the other thread. They're officially uninvited to our release day marathon gaming session.
jr15aggie
AG
Strange how it seems like a lot of the game is posted online. And not just pirated spoilers either... like IGN is doing early level walkthroughs. Can't say I've ever seen that with Halo and I sure as heck haven't watched anything. My hype isn't as high for this one, so I've pretty much avoided all videos, etc. relating to the game. I have very little idea what to expect so I should be pleasantly surprised!

PS: Gamestop was also running a deal this weekend (may still be going) that if you trade in XB1 or PS4 games towards Halo 5 you get $10 extra. I got $35 trade in for Gears of War Ultimate.
3Daggie
AG
Man, despite the negativity in this thread, I'm pumped for the game and will be playing as much as I can.

gamertag: a TXaggie m

I also just created a Spartan Company call TexAgs for all those that want to join.
3Daggie
AG
The Spartan Company requires 4 additional invites to become active and searchable, so post your gamertags if you want to join and then I'll send an invite.

I've sent an invite already to Pman17.
TheVarian
AG
The Varian
wee_ag
AG
Ok - pre-ordering now

deathmullet76

Note - I've not kept up with this game AT ALL. All I've seen is passing commercials about Spartan Locke going after Master Chief for some reason. That to say, when I play the campaign I will be taking my time and soaking in the entire storyline - don't join me in playing unless you're willing to take your time and actually know what's going on.

Also, I suck at PvP soooo take your chances if you team up with me
jeffk
AG
Keester11
3Daggie
AG
Invites sent
jeffk
AG
Interesting read.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-halo-5-bonnie-ross/
3Daggie
AG
Good read.

Does make you wonder how they tested MCC to not know the trouble it would have.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I wish they would have delved more deeply into that disaster.

Must have been the worst feeling in the world to see your pet project (and possibly your career) crater like that.
wangus12
AG
LuckyArsenalAg
jr15aggie
AG
I've got most of you on my list already...

The Aggie

I say we all get together for 4 player campaign co-op... that way we can talk to each other the whole time saying, "Shssshh! Shut up man, I'm trying to hear the story!!!!"
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I say we all get together for 4 player campaign co-op... that way we can talk to each other the whole time saying, "Shssshh! Shut up man, I'm trying to hear the story!!!!"
Fairly confident I would murder each and every one of you...

Oh Jeff - you want to update the op and add the GTs from the thread? I'm sure I don't have everyone on here as an Xbox friend.
jeffk
AG
Doneski
jeffk
AG
Where will the invites show up? Waypoint?
jeffk
AG
Anyone ponying up the CASH for one of these babies?

http://majornelson.com/2015/10/22/the-xbox-elite-wireless-controller-is-just-around-the-corner/
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Doneski
lol - just searched for that GT and realized that totally wasn't you.\

Invites will be here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/texags
Pman17
AG
quote:
Anyone ponying up the CASH for one of these babies?

http://majornelson.com/2015/10/22/the-xbox-elite-wireless-controller-is-just-around-the-corner/
Pre-ordered mine! The NXE allows remapping for original Xbox One controllers, but I think the Elite gives you access to custom controller mapping profiles. Classic Halo Controls!
Pman17
AG
Joined the company! Just one more person!
jeffk
AG
TexAgs company now active.
Pman17
AG
quote:
TexAgs company now active.
Woohoo! See y'all 11pm C, Monday!
3Daggie
AG
Yep, we have at least 4 members now, so the company is active.

Everyone who wants to join should be able to click the link that wee_ag posted and request to join there.
Maveric
AG
I bought the digital version last night and have it installed. Now just waiting until Tuesday.

GT-Jacobin DylCoop
Arkyd
AG
I'll be playing as well next week.

GT: Arkyd
jr15aggie
AG
Thanks for setting up the Halo squad... I'm in!

Hype starting to build. I've ignored pretty much all the news, but it's a friggin Halo game. I know I'll be blown away!

And yes to the question above... I very much want an elite controller but I seriously doubt I will ever get one.
jeffk
AG
If you guys ordered digital and preloaded the game, check your install file.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/launch-update

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.