* Halo 5: Guardians Thread *

19,066 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HossAg
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I now turn to Halo to give me happiness for the week. Aggie Football has gone full retard and has driven me to using really bad words! And my kids decided in the same night to absolutely lose their friggin mind!

I need something to keep this week from being a complete suck hole!!!! C'mon Master Chief, you've always been a friend!
TheVarian
AG
That game and last week hurt my soul. Hopefully this game doesn't too.
jr15aggie
AG
My 5 year old son loves playing MCC.... Was playing Halo 4 this morning and my gosh I forget how amazing that game looks. Halo 5 is going to be quite the looker.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
My 5 year old son loves playing MCC.... Was playing Halo 4 this morning and my gosh I forget how amazing that game looks. Halo 5 is going to be quite the looker.
I'm enjoying playing through the original Halo - trying to get through them all before Guardians.
jeffk
AG
I made it through 1, 2 and ODST in the past months.

Wanted to finish 3 and 4 too, but Tomb Raider got me sidetracked.
k20dub
AG
Probably picking this up tomorrow. Add me to the list: KBridge20
OE_Ag11
AG
Sent request to join
jr15aggie
AG
Review scores coming in. Really good overall. Some people absolutely love the game. Plenty of others that are giving it a simple 80% which seems to be the case with all Halo games now... some people will never rate it above "good".

I'll see for myself tomorrow I guess. What little I've read says that new, I believe it's called Warzone, mode is absolutely incredible! Really gives Halo a fresh take on MP. I will probably spend most of my time in this if I even get into MP much. I use to love standard Halo MP... and part of me still does... but the playing field has started to pass me by. Combination of getting older/slower and the fact that I don't play near as much as I use to.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I've never played any Halo games (XB1 is my first Xbox system) but they look like fun. Should I pick up the Master Chief collection and play through that first or just jump in to Halo 5?

At least initially I will probably play mostly single player--I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days and I don't know how much fun multiplayer would be for me since I expect it is dominated by people who have played Halo for years and kids who play 80 hours a week.
Arkyd
AG
Depends on what you're hoping to get out of it. If you are just looking for a good shooter game & eventually multiplayer, I would just stick with Halo 5. If you are the kind of person who likes to play single player campaigns for the story experience, there's a lot of good/essential backstory in the first four games that is worth going back to experience (having not played Halo 5 yet, obviously, I cannot tell you how confusing, if at all, the story will be if you haven't played the past games).

I'm a huge fan of the narrative and have recently gone back to play through the whole series in the Master Chief Chronicles, and would definitely say it's worth it if you find it interesting. But you may want to make sure you enjoy Halo 5 first before shelling out $60 bucks for MCC.
3Daggie
AG
I've accepted all invites.

I'm really excited about Warzone. I've been watching a lot of gameplay on YouTube.

I've been playing BTB to get ready, and I'm like you jr15, the field has started to pass me by. I'm hoping Guardians brings some fresh blood to balance it out.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days and I don't know how much fun multiplayer would be for me since I expect it is dominated by people who have played Halo for years and kids who play 80 hours a week.
That right there tells me you shouldn't play the collection. There is A LOT of game there and you'd never make it through them all. Play Halo 5... if you really enjoy it then go back and play the others if you want. Gotta keep in mind that when the original Halo came out, even something as simple as driving a warthog with your co-op buddy on the back shooting the turret was mind blowing! A lot of the love is nostalgia.

As for MP, I'm really looking forward to their new / big MP mode called Warzone. It's 24 players, but has computer controlled guys that you can shoot too for points as well as objectives to hold, and even "boss battles" that give big points to teams that can take down the big baddie. Should be perfect for us guys that get overwhelmed getting slaughtered at traditional TDM.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Thanks, guys - sounds like Halo 5 it is for me!
Pman17
AG
REQ Pack Tutorial

Pman17
AG
YouTube Lauch Stream is Live!

wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days and I don't know how much fun multiplayer would be for me since I expect it is dominated by people who have played Halo for years and kids who play 80 hours a week.
That right there tells me you shouldn't play the collection. There is A LOT of game there and you'd never make it through them all. Play Halo 5... if you really enjoy it then go back and play the others if you want. Gotta keep in mind that when the original Halo came out, even something as simple as driving a warthog with your co-op buddy on the back shooting the turret was mind blowing! A lot of the love is nostalgia.

As for MP, I'm really looking forward to their new / big MP mode called Warzone. It's 24 players, but has computer controlled guys that you can shoot too for points as well as objectives to hold, and even "boss battles" that give big points to teams that can take down the big baddie. Should be perfect for us guys that get overwhelmed getting slaughtered at traditional TDM.
Warzone sounds a bit like Titanfall with the cannon-fodder AI - which was fun.

As for playing the old games, if you don't have time to play through the series, just watch this 5 minute summary.

PatAg
AG
Personally, I'm in this game for ranked multiplayer. The advantage to ranked play, imo, is you eventually get matched against players in your skill range.
wee_ag
AG
Playing now...

GO!GO!GO!
OE_Ag11
AG
No lobbies available yet lol.
OE_Ag11
AG
Yeah there they go
OE_Ag11
AG
They left the lobbies so you don't have to keep joining lobbies each time like mcc
PatAg
AG
pistol...not easy to aim
Pman17
AG
Played some campaign and a little multiplayer. So far so good. Plays more like Destiny and Call of Duty with the Titanfall card packs.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would like to hear opinions on the multiplayer perhaps in comparison to halo 2 and 3. I have not enjoyed mp from halo since those games and would like to know if it is finally a Halo game worth buying.
jeffk
AG
Been watching Twitch all morning.

Warzone looks so much fun - like a Halo version of Battlefield (albeit much smaller).
Ewok It Out08
AG
Yep, I am also interested to hear what the MP is like. Id consider getting this if it was good, but Ive been burned hard by Halo Reach, Halo 4 and Halo MCC.
Phat32
AG
$40 on Newegg. Worth the try for me, if it sucks I'll trade it in and get Fallout.

Link: http://slickdeals.net/f/8186421-halo-5-guardians-xbox-one-40-free-shipping
datrixstunna
AG
quote:
Played some campaign and a little multiplayer. So far so good. Plays more like Destiny and Call of Duty with the Titanfall card packs.
So nothing like Halo then?
texsn95
AG
ha!
Phat32
AG
quote:
That streamlining of systems combines with Halo 5's greatly refined Spartan mobility and controls to create something that I find immensely gratifying. Every Halo fan has their favorite game, multiplayer-wise. I think that this might be mine. The interaction between each component of your toolset feels balanced for the first time in as long as I can remember. Melee options in particular don't feel like afterthoughts this time around, making for a Halo that feels more full-contact than it ever has

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/26/9553081/halo-5-guardians-review-xbox-one
Vade281
AG
I think I'm taking a break from Destiny to play this lol.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
bigbass1170
AG
Killing me to be offshore during launch week. Will be on next week and ready for some games.

XBL: b1gbass1170
Aggie118
AG
Add me Xbox one: aggie118
codenameduchess
AG
Played last night and am loving the MP.

Add me GT: Tunejuice
Pman17
AG
Played some more this morning. The gameplay is modernized but still feels like Halo. I like it! Warzone any one? 12th Man vs 12th Man LOL

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.