*** Official Texags SEC / Big12 Online Dynasty (Xbox 360) Thread ***

42,467 Views | 614 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Wrec86 Ag
mrnegative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#CPUblunders
AgsMyDude
AG
What kind of sorcery are these settings? My dudes are dropping fair catches
AgsMyDude
AG
UH squeezes by UNT 38-31, holding the mean green to 76 rushing yards and forcing 3 turnovers. Some special teams blunders will need to be worked out.
mrnegative
Lol
Wrec86 Ag
quote:
What kind of sorcery are these settings? My dudes are dropping fair catches

Hah.

I can promise you I didn't touch the fair catch ability sliders.

I should have said this before everyone started, sorry about that, is that passing is much more about getting into a rhythm. If your QB starts missing passes (some of them are laughably bad) you have to get back to throwing simple passes to get the rhythm back.

Stats should semi pretty realistic from the games, and I can promise you that once you play a handful of games, you'll feel much better about it.
mrnegative
What's my first game?
bearkatag15
AG
Wow these settings... Barely beat Nevada at home with #4 Georgia. Gurley runs for over 200 and a TD and QB doesn't throw a pick. Surprisingly tough win but Nevada has a solid team on offense.
Wrec86 Ag
quote:
What's my first game?

Think you play Army, or some other scrub team.

Bearkat, it'll get easier as you go. If the settings are right, no game should be just an absolute slaughter, but we'll still win 95% of our games against the computer
mrnegative
Army is going to get ran the **** over when I get time
Wrec86 Ag
Hey 12thGauge,

Get your Horny Frogged ass in the dynasty. I see your 20 posts in the last 3 days while ignoring this thread.
Bridger43
WTF is this Brandon Allen must be the ****tiest QB ever cause I went 0/18, 2 int before i quit. And my defense was worse than mark snyders except that i was calling a great game on D. I would blitz a guy in the right spot and he would hit Matty Mauk 3 yards back and then fall of of him and Mauk would continue to run for 25+ yards or hit a deep ball out of no where. This is some baby back bull****.
Wrec86 Ag
quote:
WTF is this Brandon Allen must be the ****tiest QB ever cause I went 0/18, 2 int before i quit. And my defense was worse than mark snyders except that i was calling a great game on D. I would blitz a guy in the right spot and he would hit Matty Mauk 3 yards back and then fall of of him and Mauk would continue to run for 25+ yards or hit a deep ball out of no where. This is some baby back bull****.

I feel like I could throw 18 go routes and complete 2 or 3 of them by random luck.

Couple keys-
1. Make sure to throw a couple easy routes to get into rhythm.
2. Don't throw at full power unless you have to. The more power you put behind it, the less accurate you will be.

I've had those games where I can't do anything right. One mistake turns into 2, 2 turn into 4. Just settle yourself and your team after a mistake, and all will be good. The settings aren't that much different than normal Heisman mode.

You kind of got screwed having to go right into a conference game (just the way the schedules were) and didn't get the advantage of a cupcake game. Go into practice mode and fool around with your playbook. It's really not as hard as you're making it.
Hank Mardukas
AG
I thought the settings were very strange as well. Slant routes where a receiver is wide open and the ball is thrown behind him by 5 yds, and CPU controlled defenders on my team making very weird decisions (cover 3 corner deciding to not cover a WR deep when he had no other threat remotely near him)... Never really had that happen before. That being said my Qb was Jeff Driskell so that could have something to do with it.
Wrec86 Ag
Never really seen the CB miss his coverage in Cover 3 before. That could be random and don't think it has to do with the settings.

The QB accuracy is the one issue with the sliders that I had, but when you look at a set of statistics for both the sliders that come standard (50 across the board) and then these set of sliders it was something like this.

General sliders (user stats)
average 76% completion rate.

These sliders (user stats)
average 62% completion rate.

This isn't only the passing accuracy. The defensive coverage has been turned up a little as well. Interceptions have been turned down.

With me personally, I can complete 90% of my passes easily on the generic set. I'm still above 70% with the current sliders, so I took it as a little bit of a cheesy way to bring down completion percents. The computer has the same sliders, so you'll see some bad throws from them as well.

So basically, I understand the issues with the QB accuracy. I personally think it is the lesser of two evils, and plays more realistic overall.
Mri^2
WVU 36- 30 Army.

It wasn't very close however as it was 36-10 before army got a pick, fumbled kickoff and onside kick. Didn't really stick to my gameplan to experiment with the settings, but I was averaging well over 10 ypc. Somehow found time to play this game

Wrec86 Ag
^ I think you just gave away your sock
Wrec86 Ag
I don't know who Elit3xMaDM4N is, but I'm booting you. We have a 12 th member who will join by Thursday (or be replaced)

And if you want to replace him, you have to be in the Big12 south

Waiting on
12thGauge (join by Thursday or be replaced)
FerrariBob (on a sliders-strike)
TcB986
Spurs (mrnegative) - you still need to do recruiting or something, it doesn't show you as "ready to advance"

I will be advancing by late Friday night, or first thing when I wake up Saturday (we have a Christmas party- may be staying at a friends)
schwabbin
AG
I'll be playing my game tonight. Not sure who I got lined up though. Yall are making me nervous talking about the slider settings. I'm used to Heisman and playing online so we will see how it goes.
12thGauge
quote:
I don't know who Elit3xMaDM4N is, but I'm booting you. We have a 12 th member who will join by Thursday (or be replaced)

And if you want to replace him, you have to be in the Big12 south

Waiting on
12thGauge (join by Thursday or be replaced)
FerrariBob (on a sliders-strike)
TcB986
Spurs (mrnegative) - you still need to do recruiting or something, it doesn't show you as "ready to advance"

I will be advancing by late Friday night, or first thing when I wake up Saturday (we have a Christmas party- may be staying at a friends)

Oops, haven't been able to get online
12thGauge
quote:
Hey 12thGauge,

Get your Horny Frogged ass in the dynasty. I see your 20 posts in the last 3 days while ignoring this thread.

Forgot due to finals*** Seriously though tomorrow i will see what i can do but i've been really busy.
Wrec86 Ag
No worries, just giving you a hard time. Friendly banter if you will

Let me know when you get your game done. Ill plan on advancing Saturday morning when I wake up if you can play before then
schwabbin
AG
quote:
quote:
Hey 12thGauge,

Forgot due to finals*** Seriously though tomorrow i will see what i can do but i've been really busy.

Almost 8k posts in 8 months kind of busy
Wrec86 Ag
Advanced to week 2

Ferrari Bob and 12th Gaige didn't get their game in, but both won the simulations.

User games this week:
Oklahoma State vs Texas A&M (me vs kill0509)
West Virginia vs Oklahoma (Spursaggie vs TCB)

Use this thread to schedule your games

Targeted next advance - Tuesday night. Let me know if we have any issues with Christmas scheduling
Wrec86 Ag
Kill, let me know when you can play.

I can play most of the weekend, ill check in here from time to time
Mri^2
TCB, I can only play late tonight or Wednesday night
kill0509
AG
Wrec, tomorrow afternoon work sometime? Can you play around 2:00 CT?
Wrec86 Ag
Yes, that should work. We have a brunch/christmas exchange, but we should be done by then
schwabbin
AG
Mri, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I'm free tonight-Tuesday night. I'll be on the road Wednesday evening after work. I'm back in town Saturday. I'm not sure when Wrec planned on advancing.
Mri^2
Well, I MIGHT (doubt it though) be able to play Wednesday afternoon, but I'm going to be away from the house pretty much all of winter break except Wednesday

And wrec, please follow me on Twitter (@jacob_somethin) so I can DM anything regarding this dynasty. I turned in this sock to get a less than permanent ban on the real account
schwabbin
AG
OK. Just let me know. I'm on now if you're around.
schwabbin
AG
Mri, let me know if anything changes and you can play tonight or tomorrow night. Could even play early morning before work. Otherwise I'm gone Wednesday afternoon - Saturday afternoon.
Wrec86 Ag
I expected it to take a little longer to get through the Christmas break.

Only 3 of 11 (12thGuage is still missing) have set "ready to advance" allthough Kill has already played his game but might need to do recruiting.

The target would usually be two times per week, but during Christmas/New Years, it might be more like one time per week.

Kill and I were able to play our game. It was pretty defensive for the most part, 21-7 final score.

I feel like the game was a little short, may have to look at moving the quarter length to 7 minutes.
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
I feel like the game was a little short, may have to look at moving the quarter length to 7 minutes.

6 seems like plenty to me.

I'll be able to get my game in today.
bearkatag15
AG
I'll able to play my game tonight and wrap up all of the recruiting as well. Should be ready to advance by tomorrow.
Hank Mardukas
AG
Not gonna be able to play till Sat night late when I get back to my box. Can you head on without me and sim my game? TIA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.