*** GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 ***

91,425 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dreyOO
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie1906 said:

Quote:

Jeff Goldblum's character from Thor: Ragnarok hidden in the credits?
I thought the same thing but decided I was wrong.
wife and I saw the same thing.
TCTTS
AG
I'll try to be more clear with bigger blockbusters like this and post the protocol just before the movie comes out. Probably should have just started a spoiler thread but I completely forgot.
bangobango
AG
I think there should always be a separate spoiler thread after the release.
bangobango
AG
And I loved the movie. Probably the only thing not putting it ahead of vol 1 for me is the soundtrack. I was not a fan of some of the songs they picked. Loved Brandy, but hated the song they used for the title card sequence, especially since I think the title card sequence for vol 1 is the best ever in any movie ever made.

For a sequel, they knocked this out of the park.

Yondu is one of my favorite characters. Hated to see him go, but glad he went out the way he did.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The wife and I met Michael Rooker (Yondu/Merle) last year, and the guy was super hilarious and cool. He was one of the best parts of Vol. 2.
AliasMan02
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

The wife and I met Michael Rooker (Yondu/Merle) last year, and the guy was super hilarious and cool. He was one of the best parts of Vol. 2.
If I ever meet him I won't be able to help but offer him a chocolate covered pretzel.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I was watching Mallrats yesterday for the first time in years and was like "holy crap, when was Yondu cast in a Kevin Smith movie!"
Sapper Redux
Really enjoyed the movie. Not as solid top-to-bottom as Vol. 1, but a lot of fun.

Loved Pac-Man, the toe, and Drax in general.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
third coast.. said:

yea, i know i mentioned it before, but that BLEW ME AWAY seeing kurt like that. CAN WE GET A NEW SNAKE FILM NOW!?!?!?!
One that perhaps ignores the existence of Escape from LA? And while we're at it, can we check in to see how ole Jack Burton is doing? Kurt Russell, my favorite of the 80s action stars outside of Harrison Ford.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Yep, as I already said, first time I've ever been 100% convinced by that effect. So damn good.

And don't forget the Stallone / Michael Rooker Cliffhanger reunion as well!
Yeah, completely forgot about that. Every time I see Rooker I think of JFK.
Cromagnum
AG
It was okay. Way over done and way over the top. A few moments were really funny. Pretty to watch, but no real reason to see it a 2nd time.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I saw it and like it probably as much as the first. And I think the 3 best marvel movies are Iron Man, Avengers, and GotG.

I will say that Gamora is the least likeable character by far. I don't know if it is the writing, the point of her, or just Zoe.
nickstro66
AG
So, who do we want to play Adam Warlock?
Noblemen06
AG
IDK if it was just my theater (can they crank up the effect?) or the juxtaposition to the screen from my seat or the movie itself but the 3D was especially pronounced in this one (in a good way, IMO).
Cromagnum
AG
nickstro66 said:

Folks are saying Charlie Hunnam is in discussion and I really hope that is not true.
nickstro66
AG
What about Matthew Matthew McConaughey or Alexander Skarsgard?
Cromagnum
AG
nickstro66 said:

What about Matthew Matthew McConaughey or Alexander Skarsgard?

Can't stand McConaughey but I know nothing about Skarsgard.
rhutton125
AG
It was aight. Probably in my bottom third of Marvel movies, though. I'll have to think about it further and define why.
Swarely
That Hof cameo though!
wangus12
AG
Please no to Hunnam or McConaughy
schmendeler
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Another bit of surprising casting:

Tazerface was played by Chris Sullivan from "This is Us"

I called it during the movie. I was like, it's the guy from The Knick!
The Kraken
AG
Great: Drax
Good: the soundtrack
Bad: any scene with just the two sisters.

Overall, I enjoyed it more than the original.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Cromagnum said:

nickstro66 said:

Folks are saying Charlie Hunnam is in discussion....

I would hope Marvel doesn't **** up the casting that badly. They've done such a good job so far I have a hard time believing he'd be on their radar for anything.
jeffk
AG
I like to think that Marvel makes everyone cast in one of their movies film a thirty second shot of them just dancing in full costume. They keep that footage on file until they need it for something random like the end credits of Vol. 2.
Bruce Almighty
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Cromagnum said:

nickstro66 said:

Folks are saying Charlie Hunnam is in discussion....

I would hope Marvel doesn't **** up the casting that badly. They've done such a good job so far I have a hard time believing he'd be on their radar for anything.

How many times has this already been said about a Marvel movie?
Sex Panther
AG
Fantastic

Just so much fun. And so weird but in a great way... Star Lord fought a living planet and turned into a giant ****ing Pac Man. That's incredible.

When I first read about Ego, I thought, "man... I don't know how even Marvel is going to pull this off", but of course they did, because they're ****ing Marvel. Doesn't hurt that I think Kurt Russell is already a God anyway.

Yondu and Rocket's kill-em-all escape might be the best scene of the entire MCU. It was amazing. And Groot bringing back everything besides the fin was so great.

Also, I saw this in IMAX 3D, and I normally hate 3D, but I gotta say... this was beautiful. The last fight scene and the Ravager funeral were amazing.
Post removed:
by user
Sex Panther
AG
Also, how great was the scene where Yondu, Rocket and Groot jumped 700 times in a row to Ego's planet?
Post removed:
by user
aggie7911
Very impressed by this movie
TCTTS
AG
So great. And I felt that way about at least four or five other sequences. Rocket attempting to thwart the ambush in the forest... Groot bringing all the wrong objects to Rocket/Yondu... Yandu wiping out the entire Ravenger ship with his whistle weapon thing... the entire final battle. A movie like this is lucky to have one sequence as good, yet this one just strung them together one after another, with either hilarity or heartwarming scenes in between, just over and over and over again. I keep trying to go back and figure out why some people didn't like it, and I can't find a single notable flaw. This movie knocked it out of the park in every way possible, to the point where I think I'm going to have to see it again in theaters, something I've never done with a Marvel movie before.
The Collective
AG
rhutton125 said:

It was aight. Probably in my bottom third of Marvel movies, though. I'll have to think about it further and define why.

I'm seeing such variation on this film. Puzzling.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
You didn't even mention one of the greatest things about any Marvel movie: that opening title sequence.

Mr. Blue Sky is such a great song for that entire scene. With the exception of the airport fight in Civil War, that may be the most FUN five minutes of any Marvel movie. How could you not have an ear-to-ear grin after that?
Farmer1906
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

You didn't even mention one of the greatest things about any Marvel movie: that opening title sequence.

Mr. Blue Sky is such a great song for that entire scene. With the exception of the airport fight in Civil War, that may be the most FUN five minutes of any Marvel movie. How could you not have an ear-to-ear grin after that?
Baby Groot did that to me basically every scene he was in.
AliasMan02
AG
Except when they were being mean to him. That was rough.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.