*** GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 ***

91,299 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dreyOO
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have 9:00 tickets!
Philo B 93
AMW2010 said:

I'm very excited for gotg vol 2, and loved the first one, but if this movie doesn't further the Mcu timeline, and is just a sequel to GOTG, it will be a big let down in my opinion... and if the only progress to the timeline is one of the 5 post movie scenes, that will be upsetting too. The first movie was great because it introduced the element of space and a different group of heros with their backstories. Not to mention an infinity stone.

I am WAY fatigued out with the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). I've seen most of the movies one way or another (DVD vs Theater). They're good popcorn flicks. The action gets a little tired to me. Have there actually been 3 Iron Mans? AND 3 Captain Americas?? And 2 Avengers (Captain America and Iron Man) with many many more on the way. I get it, I love money, too. Cha-ching.

But I loved Guardians of the Galaxy, and I can't wait to see GOG Vol 2. I like these movies as standalones. The first one felt more like Star Wars / Star Trek than MCU. Rocket and Captain America don't belong on screen together.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
chipotle said:

AMW2010 said:

, but if this movie doesn't further the Mcu timeline, and is just a sequel to GOTG, it will be a big let down in my opinion...

wangus12
AG
Quote:

Rocket and Captain America don't belong on screen together.
It will be entertaining as hell when they are though
FightinTexasAg15
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Rocket and Captain America don't belong on screen together.
It will be entertaining as hell when they are though
I want to see Tony Stark argue with a raccoon. I mean come on.
Quinn
AG
Totally agree. I could not care less about the infinity stones. In fact, I would rather see the story ignore them in GotG V2 and just have a good time.
jbanda
AG
I haven't see any other MCU movie besides Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd prefer if they stayed in their corner of the universe.
Cromagnum
AG
jbanda said:

I haven't see any other MCU movie besides Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd prefer if they stayed in their corner of the universe.

It's like folks don't want to see something fun.
The Collective
AG
Picked up tix for 7:30. I wasn't going to go until Spilner said he will probably redbox it.
Farmer1906
AG
jbanda said:

Then you better stop watching after this one.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
jbanda said:

What have you got against intergalactic hookups?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CJS4715 said:

Picked up tix for 7:30. I wasn't going to go until Spilner said he will probably redbox it.
Marvel fanboys are so touchy.
The Collective
AG
TajMaballer
AG
Fantastic! A worthy sequel!
Farmer1906
AG
I loved it.

It was funnier even though a few jokes kind of fell short. Really tugged at the heartstrings too. Hit all the emotions, had fantastic action, and was not afraid to be really weird.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Movie was phenomenal!
G Martin 87
AG
Just got back; both the rib and I had a great time. In terms of character development and chemistry, I thought it really felt almost like a Firefly episode. Very well done, and more emotionally moving than I expected.
The Collective
AG
Movie was good. Experience was ****ty at times. Who brings their 3 year old sex trophy to a 7:30 showing of a PG-13 movie on opening night?
Simplebay
AG
Very good. Plot was a mishmash, but the characters were well realized. Some of the jokes were great.

Overall...believe it or not...dial it back next time. I'm afraid by 3 it'll become a parody. Also... I needed more Pratt.
scubasteve304
AG
Loved it. A lot of ppl keep asking me if it's better than the first and it's just hard to compare. It feels like a continuation. It's like Season 3 of the Office when you know all the characters so it doesn't surprise you but you're having such a good time it doesn't matter. Still good tunes, hysterical and fun.

The one negative most ppl will key on is that the story meanders but I had a blast so didn't really care at all. I'm definitely gonna go see it in theaters again
Sea Pony 07
AG
Despite the college station cinemark screwing up showing the film, I had a blast watching it. I thought it was easily good as the first one. I also thought it was worth 3D big screen ticket.
wangus12
AG
I Am Groot
jeffk
AG
I loved it. Laughed harder in this movie than any movie in recent memory including the first GOTG. The character interactions were fantastic and it was a ton of fun to watch.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I don't know if I can compare it to the first one. They're both awesome. The first one I went in with no expectation and didn't think it would be too great so that one had the "surprise" factor going for it. This one I had super high expectations going into it and it still delivered.
The Collective
AG
Worst trailer package ever at my showing:
King Arthur
Mummy
Atomic Blonde
FightinTexasAg15
AG
CJS4715 said:

Worst trailer package ever at my showing:
King Arthur
Mummy
Atomic Blonde
Really? We had:
Spiderman
Wonder Woman
Star Wars
Thor
wangus12
AG
We had:

The Big Sick
Kingsman
Star Wars
New Dunkirk trailer
Farmer1906
AG
Mummy
Spider-Man
Thor
Star Wars

It was nice seeing those in IMAX 3D
Farmer1906
AG
I want a Rocket and Yondu movie where they go on killer rampages. I think they racked up the highest kill count out of anyone in the MCU.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I think we had all the trailers;

Mummy
Spider-Man
Thor
Star Wars
Kingsman
Transformers
Wonderwoman
jeffk
AG
We had a hilarious The Hitman's Bodyguard trailer. Other ones were forgettable or I'd already seen them online.
cena05
AG
I liked it, but felt like they doubled down on the comedy style from the first and many jokes just weren't great. I didn't connect at all with the emotional scene towards the end. Thought the action was great.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
"spoiler in terms of a joke made in the movie": I would love to see a scene where Drax and Andy Bernard bond over having sensitive nipples lol
IronRed13
AG
I liked it a lot, but just marginally less than the first. I did a double feature to refresh my memory of the first. Several in the group I was like vol 2 better. It was a bit disjointed but they definitively doubled down on comedy which I liked. Its been said multiple times here, but marvel doesn't take itself to seriously, which is one reason its leaps and bounds above anything DC. Music was good, and it hit the full range of emotions.

Did I imagine it or was Jeff Goldblum's character from Thor: Ragnarok hidden in the credits? It may have been another character I didnt recognize, but I thought I saw him in one of the dancing bubbles on the right side of the screen.
Farmer1906
AG
Quote:

Jeff Goldblum's character from Thor: Ragnarok hidden in the credits?
I thought the same thing but decided I was wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.