*** GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 ***

91,914 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dreyOO
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Be SUPER careul this week. It's out overseas.
dave94
AG
aggie kid said:

It comes out this week, yet the thread is on page 3...

I think everyone's being very careful about spoilers at this point. I know I am.
chipotle
meh, 2.5 stars
Agnzona
Got my awesome mix 2 CD today. I thought Amazon wasn't shipping until Friday. Oh well its an awesome mix.
Farmer1906
AG
Agnzona said:

Got my awesome mix 2 CD today. I thought Amazon wasn't shipping until Friday. Oh well its an awesome mix.
I downloaded it ~ a week ago. I'm not feeling it nearly as much as mix vol. 1.
MooreTrucker
AG
aggie1906 said:

Agnzona said:

I downloaded it ~ a week ago. I'm not feeling it nearly as much as mix vol. 1.
Then same reaction some are having to the movie itself.
Bunk Moreland
I thought I had better suggestions on the thread I started last year with us predicting what songs would be on it.

Still some good stuff on there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't been hearing great things. May wait for redbox on this one.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's at 85% on Rotten Tomatoes. Just wait until this weekend for more reviews before you write it off.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You'll be there opening weekend like the rest of us. Don't lie to yourself
chipotle
I may or may have not jumped the gun on this one and googled it. It's entertaining but like hollywood does with all good things is it takes what works and multiplies it times 100 in the sequels to the point where you're like, "really? c'mon." I'll redbox to watch again when it comes out.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Early reviews are saying it's a worthy sequel, but not quite up to or better than the original. The first movie was at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. The second is currently at 85%.

If that is enough to make you wait until Redbox, then you are completely hopeless.

Me? Already have tickets for opening night. Will be relaxing in a luxury lounger in an XD theater, eating popcorn with my family and enjoying the hell out of the experience.
AgMarauder04
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Early reviews are saying it's a worthy sequel, but not quite up to or better than the original. The first movie was at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. The second is currently at 85%.

If that is enough to make you wait until Redbox, then you are completely hopeless.

Me? Already have tickets for opening night. Will be relaxing in a luxury lounger in an XD theater, eating popcorn with my family and enjoying the hell out of the experience.
The original was brilliant. This was going to have to be BETTER just to get the same reaction based upon expectations.
SeattleAgJr
Bruce Almighty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Didn't you see Suicide Squad opening night?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well damn guys, guess I gotta see the movie now.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Honestly, see it because it's a Marvel movie and (so far) has gotten good reviews. Why wait?

Hell, I'm probably going to see Wonder Woman opening night, no matter the reviews. Why? Because it's a comic book movie of a classic character. Waiting for Redbox only keeps you from seeing it the way it was meant to be seen: on a big screen with a crowd of people.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In the spirit of honesty:

1. I'm starting to get Marvel fatigue, and the trailers haven't done much for me so far.

2. I mostly posted that because I knew it'd get a reaction.

3. I'll probably end up checking it out anyway, but probably not opening weekend.
FL_Ag1998
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Honestly, see it because it's a Marvel movie and (so far) has gotten good reviews. Why wait?

Hell, I'm probably going to see Wonder Woman opening night, no matter the reviews. Why? Because it's a comic book movie of a classic character. Waiting for Redbox only keeps you from seeing it the way it was meant to be seen: on a big screen with a crowd of people.

The suits at WB absolutely love you. Hell, they're counting on you.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I started reading comics in the early 80's. The first Secret Wars series was the first comic I collected.

Up until that first X-Men movie in 2000, there hadn't been anything movie-wise to get excited about. With the MCU in full swing now, I'm not getting fatigue: to me, they're just making up for all those years that I went WITHOUT any good comic book movies.....
FL_Ag1998
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I started reading comics in the early 80's. The first Secret Wars series was the first comic I collected.

Up until that first X-Men movie in 2000, there hadn't been anything movie-wise to get excited about. With the MCU in full swing now, I'm not getting fatigue (oh, I'm not talking about fatigue, hell, I'll keep watching them as long as they're good): to me, they're just making up for all those years that I went WITHOUT any good (this is the part I'm talking about, and why WB execs love your attitude) comic book movies.....
wangus12
AG
Who cares. If he enjoys the movies, he can see them if he likes.
FL_Ag1998
AG
wangus12 said:

Who cares. If he enjoys the movies, he can see them if he likes.

Touchy, touchy.

And I agree, btw. To each his own. If you like the DC movies, enjoy.
bedofbrass33
AG
Ticket purchased for 11 am matinee Saturday because lol old soul.

Turns out there's a Star Cinema Grill a couple miles from my new hood. Looking forward to this one. I missed Dr Strange in theaters.
AMW2010
AG
I'm very excited for gotg vol 2, and loved the first one, but if this movie doesn't further the Mcu timeline, and is just a sequel to GOTG, it will be a big let down in my opinion... and if the only progress to the timeline is one of the 5 post movie scenes, that will be upsetting too. The first movie was great because it introduced the element of space and a different group of heros with their backstories. Not to mention an infinity stone.
gigemags-99
AG
Just got done watching. Really enjoyed it!
Bunk Moreland
gigemags-99 said:

Just got done watching. Really enjoyed it!

Good to hear
chipotle
AMW2010 said:

, but if this movie doesn't further the Mcu timeline, and is just a sequel to GOTG, it will be a big let down in my opinion...

Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I don't think I will be heartbroken if they go their own direction...
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

1. I'm starting to get Marvel fatigue, and the trailers haven't done much for me so far.

3. I'll probably end up checking it out anyway, but probably not opening weekend.
They guy who loves Fast and the Furious, Star Wars Prequels, and Avatar doesn't want to see a movie because it's only getting ~85% on RT.

At least you admitted you're just trolling.
TXAG 05
AG
aggie1906 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

They guy who loves Fast and the Furious, Star Wars Prequels, and Avatar doesn't want to see a movie because it's only getting ~85% on RT.

At least you admitted you're just trolling.

Don't forget it's the same guy that saw Titanic in the theaters multiple times too.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Tickets for tonight at 7! Work can't be over soon enough.
wangus12
AG
Have a work function early so we are going at 10:30

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.