*** BATMAN v SUPERMAN Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

74,623 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wesag
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this is referencing the thread on the Outdoors Board, I still think that guy is going to be eaten if he ever makes it out of Morocco.
homebuildingag
AG
quote:
If this is referencing the thread on the Outdoors Board, I still think that guy is going to be eaten if he ever makes it out of Morocco.
Thomas Little
AG
Just watched it last night for the first time. Never paid attention to any of the trailers, so I wasn't expecting much. I thought it was overall a really good movie, just with some confusing and unnecessary scenes. But well worth watching.

Affleck was a much better Batman than I expected him to be.

Whoever cast Lex Luthor should be banished from Hollywood. What a horrible choice. Luthor is supposed to be an ultimate alpha male, and instead they made him come off like a squirrelly wimp that had been bullied his whole life and was now trying to get revenge. Just a terrible choice and terrible acting job.
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:
Watched it last night, didn't get the hate for it. Sure it wasn't Christopher Nolan, but it was enjoyable. Had the badass fighting of MOS, with more of a plot line (although the plot still wasn't complicated). The only thing that really bothered me in the movie was Laurence Fishburne talking about how newspapers were broke and outdated in every one of his lines. We get it, newspapers suck, Morpheus.

I also wasn't sure about how Lex survived the first Doomsday explosion, but whatever. I think they missed an opportunity to say the reason he was bald was because of radiation from the blast, not because he went to prison and they shaved his head.
So you didn't think Batman wanting to kill Superman because if there's a 1% chance and breaking into Lex's server just because while WW shows up for no real reason and Flash shows up in a random dream for no real reason while everyone is mad at Superman for a random foreign event where Jimmy Olsen worked for the CIA while the founder of Facebook is a maniac who wants to kill Superman and can figure out how to access Kryptonian power in a few hours and also create a supermonster that Batman and Superman come together to defeat because their mom has the same name wwhere Lois knows that a random spear can kill said monster was complicated?

Because I'd tend to disagree.

I finally watched this yesterday on a plane and this was basically my thought process the whole time. Nothing made any sense
TajMaballer
AG

This video articulated what didn't work for me with BvS. Hopefully in Justice League, Snyder can fix these issues (I know hopeful thinking)
TCTTS
AG
BINGO. That video is SO spot on. "The scene is the chamber where awe is loaded" is an absolutely brilliant note. Such GREAT analysis overall. That kind of super-smart critique legitimately gets me fired up. Thanks for posting,
p-townag
AG
Wow, couldn't agree more. Now with even more superheroes crammed into his movie, what are the chances Snyder is willing to forsake some moments for good scenes? I'd wager that as slim to none, unfortunately.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Watched it last night, didn't get the hate for it. Sure it wasn't Christopher Nolan, but it was enjoyable. Had the badass fighting of MOS, with more of a plot line (although the plot still wasn't complicated). The only thing that really bothered me in the movie was Laurence Fishburne talking about how newspapers were broke and outdated in every one of his lines. We get it, newspapers suck, Morpheus.

I also wasn't sure about how Lex survived the first Doomsday explosion, but whatever. I think they missed an opportunity to say the reason he was bald was because of radiation from the blast, not because he went to prison and they shaved his head.
So you didn't think Batman wanting to kill Superman because if there's a 1% chance and breaking into Lex's server just because while WW shows up for no real reason and Flash shows up in a random dream for no real reason while everyone is mad at Superman for a random foreign event where Jimmy Olsen worked for the CIA while the founder of Facebook is a maniac who wants to kill Superman and can figure out how to access Kryptonian power in a few hours and also create a supermonster that Batman and Superman come together to defeat because their mom has the same name wwhere Lois knows that a random spear can kill said monster was complicated?

If what you just wrote is your idea of concise and easy to understand, I'm not sure your opinion matters. Use some periods.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

If what you just wrote is your idea of concise and easy to understand, I'm not sure your opinion matters. Use some periods.
I'm pretty sure you entirely missed the point of that
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, you missed the joke.
maca1028
quote:
quote:

I kinda liked this movie....then I read this...now I'm not so sure.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Just watched the ultimate edition with the wife who had not seen the theatrical version. She liked it for the most part and thought it was an OK movie, but she kept harping on one item:

"They kill Superman?!?! How the eff so they kill Superman!?!? Are you effing kidding me?!?!?! What a horrible effing movie!!! I don't want to watch anymore!"

This was after the US Government nuked Superman and I had to tell her he comes back, but just to die again. She finished the movie, but was still not too pleased with the outcome even though she knows he comes back at some point in the Justice League.

I think TC may have said this previously, but it's almost as if Zack Snyder hates Superman.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I am sure you all noticed... but I did no research on the movie before seeing it yesterday (finally)...

Was that Christopher Pine in the old picture with Wonder Woman in Belgium?
nikator
AG
quote:
I am sure you all noticed... but I did no research on the movie before seeing it yesterday (finally)...

Was that Christopher Pine in the old picture with Wonder Woman in Belgium?
Yes he is Steve Trevor in the movie next year

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
fig96
AG
Sure was, he's Steve...I know it's not Rogers but can't think of his name...in the upcoming WW film.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Thanks Nikator (and Fig) - I was pretty proud of myself for figuring that out without aids...

Also, I am sure you all saw the 3 small pebbles rise up from the Superman wooden coffin in Kansas for the 1/4 second at the end? I had to pause and slo-mo it for my FIL who is hard of sight these days.
bearamedic99
AG
bump
schmendeler
AG
I saw it in theaters but just saw the extended cut for the first time. What's the creature that lex is conversing with when the swat team comes to arrest him? It just kind of dissolves into nothing.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I saw it in theaters but just saw the extended cut for the first time. What's the creature that lex is conversing with when the swat team comes to arrest him? It just kind of dissolves into nothing.
IIRC it's a henchman for Darkseid. I think some people believed it was this guy:

Steppenwolf
BigRobSA
Finally saw this on a Redbox rental.

Glad I waited and only spent $1.61.
AgBlitz
AG
The scene where Batman and Superman go from beating each other nearly to death to instantly bonding over "Martha" reminded me way too much of the "did we just become best friends" scene in Step Brothers. I wanted to see garage Karate.
Satellite of Love
quote:

Did you miss this gift on the previous page?
MROD92
I finally watched it over the weekend. The more I reflect upon it the angrier I get with how Snyder wasted what should be greatness.
dmart90
AG
Just saw it for the first time tonight. Up until the ending, it wasn't too bad; but certainly not good. Ben Afleck did ok as Batman. Jeremy Irons played a real nice character; but calling him Alfred is a sham. Gail Gadot (?) was ok as Diana, but pretty kickass as Wonder Woman. I like the guy that plays Superman. Lex Luther was freaking useless. The "preview" of the Aquaman and Cyborg character was cheesy. I absolutely hated the ending. Glad I waited to see if on HBO - I would not be happy if I had paid good money to see it in the theaters.
Texaggie7nine
watched this last night. Went in hoping all the bad press was overblown.

Horrible doesn't do it justice. It was baaaaaad.
7nine
chipotle
It was ight. Had some wtf moments:

-knightmare
- lex's convoluted plan
-save...Martha...

Glad I redboxed. Still better than Man of Steel.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I thought it was ok in theaters. I tried rewatching it on HBO and thought it was awful.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Silvertaps said:

If those lame ass trailers didn't convince you what garbage this movie would be, the RT 37% rating probably should.

How are these studios allowing this Syder guy to do these movies? It's like extending Coach Fran to multiple year contracts!
Not that I disagree, but from a $$$ perspective, his movies have brought in: $1,468,500,000 over 10 years

Plotted:

The last 2 DC movies have done really well (probably from marketing), but the didn't match the dweeb/dork/nerd expectations for a brilliant comic book movie...

He may be terrible for fans, but he's made a lot of money for Hollywood.
oragator
I ripped this movie here a bunch. When it came to cable last week I finally watched it, more out of morbid curiosity than anything...and it was even worse than I expected. The fact that this movie made 800 million makes me weep for society. I could write a full phd dissertation on how bad it was.
Oh, and am I the only one who thinks that Jesse Eisenberg has become so bad an actor as to be creepy?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, since it's been on HBO the past few weeks, I've managed to catch parts of it several times.

It's really not that terrible. Some parts are pretty good (basically Affleck and Gadot).

HOWEVER, there is one blinding piece of hot garbage that makes viewing this film again almost painful: Jesse Eisenberg's mind-boggling portrayal of Lex Luthor. Seriously, this has got to be the worst job of acting I've seen outside of everyone in "The Room" ("Oh, hai Superman!")

He is so bad. It makes me loathe him so much, it almost makes me hate "The Social Network" (which I love). His acting is beyond terrible in this movie. Seriously, we went from Gene f-ing Hackman....to Clancy Brown (animated)....to Kevin Spacey....to this? F you, Eisenberg. And f you Snyder for allowing him to do that.
HvilleAggie
AG
Agreed. Luthor went from a cold and calculating entrepreneurial genius to a snivelling, trust fund baby, psychotic Joker-wannabe. Very disappointing.

Not to mention he is Superman's (earthly) archnemesis, so for him to be caught in the first damn movie shows a lot of shortsightedness on WB's part. Makes about as much sense as introducing and defeating the ONLY character to kill Superman in the second episode of the rebooted franchise.
AliasMan02
AG
They shaved his head though. Because prison.

And his prisoner number us TK-421. Hahahahaha get it?#
98Ag99Grad
AG
Quote:

Okay, since it's been on HBO the past few weeks, I've managed to catch parts of it several times.

It's really not that terrible. Some parts are pretty good (basically Affleck and Gadot).
Agree with this. Missed it in the theater but finally saw it a couple of weeks ago. Not a huge fan of Affleck but liked him in this. And they made Wonder Woman kind of a bad-ass so maybe her movie will be good.
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02 said:

No?
schmendeler
AG
Sex Panther said:

AliasMan02 said:

No?
yeah, I didn't get that either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.