*** BATMAN v SUPERMAN Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

74,126 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wesag
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the review embargo lifting at 6 PM EST on March 22 (tomorrow), I just wanted to have this thread ready for those of you who want to discuss any plot-heavy/detailed reviews, and then of course the movie itself once it hits theaters Thursday night. Other than vague/general impressions or reactions, let's leave most of that type of stuff out of the other thread for at least a couple weeks or so. As for me, I'm not seeing this one 'til Saturday, so I'll be back with my impressions then...

TEASER TRAILER

TRAILER 1

TRAILER 2

FINAL TRAILER

Really???
TajMaballer
AG
Review embargo has been lifted, but the first reviews on Rotten Tomatoes aren't good.

Still holding out hope.. Maybe the people who like it are taking their time with their reviews? Is that a thing?
TCTTS
AG
From a critic I trust. Granted, he's never been even remotely interested in superhero movies...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

SlashFilm / "'Batman v Superman' Spoiler-Free Review: A Messy Spectacle"
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Did he miss F4?
wangus12
AG
I simply don't understand why Zack Snyder is allowed near movies
Vander
AG
Seems like there is a massive discrepancy between all of the early positive buzz and what the critics are saying. I don't know that I've ever seen it like this, I mean almost nothing negative was said previously. A lot of the critics seem to want it to be "fun" like Marvel and went in expecting it to be, in which case I can imagine a lot of them not liking a serious movie.

Either way this probably means Snyder is done.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Seems like there is a massive discrepancy between all of the early positive buzz and what the critics are saying. I don't know that I've ever seen it like this, I mean almost nothing negative was said previously. A lot of the critics seem to want it to be "fun" like Marvel and went in expecting it to be, in which case I can imagine a lot of them not liking a serious movie.

Either way this probably means Snyder is done.

I think it was Kimmel, but there's a video of people's initial reaction to The Phantom Menace. Those were some happy people. Somebody mentioned that seeing it early does make a movie seem better. Maybe that was at play here? I agree that this is crazy
TCTTS
AG
I've scanned my entire twitter feed since the embargo was lifted. I follow every major critic there is, from super high brow to super fanboy. I seriously can't find a single positive reaction in my entire feed.
wangus12
AG
I will take solace in the fact that I tend to disagree with almost every movie critic on the planet
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
I will take solace in the fact that I tend to disagree with almost every movie critic on the planet

No you don't
ro828
We saw the preview a few weeks ago. Supposedly a studio will pick some of the best moments to include there. But it looked bloated, overproduced, and dimly lit. And what is, at the end of the day, a children's movie is going to run two and a half hours. Seriously? The Dark Knight was bad enough. This looks even worse.
BigRobSA
quote:
I do, too. In fact, I've made that argument on here numerous times. Why anyone listens to them is beyond me....in general. But that's for something that you see as being possibly awesome, and they poopoo it on "artsy" negatives, which I couldn't give two sh()s about. But when they're as negative as they are for this, and the whole thing has looked like one expensive, huge joke since day 1 (Affleck? Eisenberg? REALLY!?), I can't look past them as easily.
wangus12
AG
Let me believe damn it. Batman is my favorite hero and I enjoy DC comics more than Marvel. I love the MCU and how they've built it from the ground. I wish DC could have the same thing and unfortunately, this is probably their only shot.
rhutton125
AG
quote:
And what is, at the end of the day, a children's movie is going to run two and a half hours. Seriously? The Dark Knight was bad enough. This looks even worse.

Civil War is probably going to be pretty long too
TCTTS
AG
From one of my favorite critics, who also happens to be one of the biggest Trekkies on the planet, and he HATES Star Trek Into Darkness ("STID") with a passion...

scubasteve304
AG
Yeah that's the part that is surprising me. Not that Snyder made an over bloated mess of a movie but that all the buzz was so wrong. What happened to those reports of WB suits giving a standing ovation and locking up Affleck for more films and BvS testing through the roof. I guess what I'm saying is I'm shocked the Internet lied to me. Would like to get TCs thoughts on if this discrepancy occurs more often than we think.
TCTTS
AG
Happens all the time, and I'm just as guilty for perpetuating it as anyone. I would say this is almost the standard now, from Man of Steel to Tron Legacy, it's almost always A) Studio heads saw it and loved it!, B) First fan reactions are through the roof!... then C) Uh, oh, critics hate it, though, and D) general audience is split right down the middle, if not more negative than positive. Happens at least once a year now it seems like.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It could be worse. It could be on F4's level: nearly hated by all.
Vander
AG
Yeah I mean Snyder ****ing this up isn't surprising rather it's all of the good early buzz in comparison to what we see now that is surprising. Hell even regular reviews from people who got to see it on other forums were pretty good. I don't get how things like this happen.

I mean I hate people blowing smoke up my ass so this annoys the hell out of me.
AgMarauder04
AG
This is my not surprised face. Dammit. I wanted to be excited.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
why was Snyder allowed in on this film when MoS was so bad?
AgMarauder04
AG
"Also it is clear that Zack Snyder actually HATES Superman."

I knew this from the beginning and watching the trailers. Snyder was gonna screw over supes.

Zack Snyder destroys everything I love.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I've scanned my entire twitter feed since the embargo was lifted. I follow every major critic there is, from super high brow to super fanboy. I seriously can't find a single positive reaction in my entire feed.
Well that is disappointing, but not overly surprising.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
I do, too. In fact, I've made that argument on here numerous times. Why anyone listens to them is beyond me....in general. But that's for something that you see as being possibly awesome, and they poopoo it on "artsy" negatives, which I couldn't give two sh()s about. But when they're as negative as they are for this, and the whole thing has looked like one expensive, huge joke since day 1 (Affleck? Eisenberg? REALLY!?), I can't look past them as easily.
Why is Affleck a joke? He has been great the last 7-8 years. Gone Girl, Argo, The Town, Smokin Aces.
AgMarauder04
AG
I think Affleck as batman has been the one pleasant surprise. Most people panned the choice when he was announced 20 years ago for the role.
TCTTS
AG
I know it feels like 20, but in reality it's only been 10 years. Still, hard to believe.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
And what is, at the end of the day, a children's movie is going to run two and a half hours. Seriously? The Dark Knight was bad enough. This looks even worse.

Civil War is probably going to be pretty long too
1. Its not a Children's movie. Zootopia is a Children's movie. This is a comicbook movie.

2. Civil War is almost 2.5 hours. With so many characters and so much story to get to, I am 100% good with the long runtime.
rhutton125
AG
quote:
It could be worse. It could be on F4's level: nearly hated by all.

It had pre-screening buzz too! At least, kind of. Twitter buzz from people who were at the premiere who clearly were going to have a good time and say good things about it.
AgMarauder04
AG
Ha!
Silvertaps
AG
If those lame ass trailers didn't convince you what garbage this movie would be, the RT 37% rating probably should.

How are these studios allowing this Syder guy to do these movies? It's like extending Coach Fran to multiple year contracts!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.