*** BATMAN v SUPERMAN Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

74,761 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wesag
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Done, and not a ton of changes in the last third or so of the film. More of the story makes sense in the Ultimate Edition but I'm still at a loss as to a lot of the characters' motivations, Lex in particular is just evil for no real reason. If Mark Zuckerberg suddenly had this elaborate plot to kill a superhero I feel like we'd have a lot more questions.

I can't get over how awesome this scene would've been if we hadn't seen it in the trailers.

If that was the first moment any of us saw WW the theater would've erupted.
MooreTrucker
AG
It's just unreal how many REALLY good moments in movies lately have been ruined because they're in the trailers first. I get wanting to build excitement, but such a waste.
PatAg
AG
It is a badass line. I'm actually glad I never saw this in theater's/ignored reviews/this thread. I enjoyed the movie.

Apparently what I saw was not what you saw in theaters. So you may all be justified after all.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
It's just unreal how many REALLY good moments in movies lately have been ruined because they're in the trailers first. I get wanting to build excitement, but such a waste.
I cannot agree more. I remember seeing the trailer for the fifth Star Trek movie and thinking wow, that is going to be awesome. Too bad that every worthwhile moment in the entire movie was in that trailer.

You have a movie titled Batman Vs Superman... If that can not sell itself on those words alone, then nothing will.
Phat32
AG
I never saw the theatrical version, but the ultimate seems a lot like MoS. Good moments but almost like a fan movie.

Needs more Gal Gadot.
SF2004
AG
quote:
It is a badass line. I'm actually glad I never saw this in theater's/ignored reviews/this thread. I enjoyed the movie.

Apparently what I saw was not what you saw in theaters. So you may all be justified after all.

I enjoyed the last hour of the movie, then left wondering what the hell I watched the first hour and a half. The premise is there but just didn't make sense.

I was shocked they went all the way with the death of superman in the first combine super hero movie in the dc universe.
Pro Ag
AG
quote:

I have wondered about that phenomenon and if that started before the reporting about the making movies. At any time it seems 20-25% of the threads here are about potentially upcoming stuff. So much so I don't frequent this board as much as I used to.

I'll never understand the folks that want so much information before a film is even done filming.
Madmarttigan
AG
I watched the extended cut the other day so I dunno how the original movie was.

Just so you know where I'm coming from I actually liked Man of Steel a lot.

As for this movie, I feel lex was one of the worst comic book movie villains to date. He was on the level of the new fantastic 4 Doctor doom that suddenly wanted to annihilate the entire world with no reasoning or motivation. They never said he could control doomsday even with his dna, so why would he release a creature that would destroy superman and kill everyone else as well? It's like they tried to cross LL with the joker and it turned out horribly.

Everything else I enjoyed including the final battle and the death of superman, but damn Lex was a terrible wtf villain with no motivation and goofy as hell.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Finallly watched it...(the regular theater cut)

The did a good job of bringing Superman, Batman, and WonderWoman to life (Even though even my seven year old son said, "since when does Batman use bullets?") and the scene where all three fought Doomsday looked exactly like it should have. But....

the lex luthor character and Jesse Eisenberg's acting were both horrible.

Gal Gadot can't act, so thank goodness she's attractive.

Lois Lane is just conveniently in too many places where she shouldn't be, just to advance the plot or provide an explanation. And did I miss something? how did she know that the spear would kill Doomsday? Oh, and again, my seven year old watched the scene with her retrieving the spear and said, "Lois Lane must be an Olympic swimmer because she's been holding her breath for a long time!"

First half of the film should have been rewritten by better writers.

The nightmare scene should have been cut out altogether.

On its own...6 out of 10. Compared to most Marvel movies...4 out of 10.

Duncan Idaho
Watched it last night. In some ways I thought it was great. In other ways I thought it was horrible. But Iijed it more than any Superman movie since the 1978 movie.

Lex was part of the bad. The dream in the middle was just confusing.

Gal godot is fine piece of ass but I don't know if she can carry a whole movie. Aqua man looked like he was holding his breath.
MaroonStain
AG
Your 7 y.o. sounds they are ahead of The Game. Awesome!!!
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Gal godot is fine piece of ass but I don't know if she can carry a whole movie. Aqua man looked like he was holding his breath.

I had these exact same two thoughts as well. If what we saw from her is a glimpse at the entire WW movie....ooof, not sure if two hours of that would be bearable, regardless of how attractive she is.
Texags is garbage
I actually enjoyed it, but was kind of surprised at how awful Eisenberg was throughout the film.
Tmoneyag99
AG
I was not a big fan of the theatrical cut, but really liked the ultimate edition. Definitely cleared some things up that seemed like bad editing during the movie.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Aqua man looked like he was holding his breath.
So much this.

That will be a problem for the movie, making it look like he belongs underwater.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, a two-minute, forty-five second trailer for Wonder Woman will be debuting during the WB panel at Comic-Con today, which will likely be online shortly after (but no one knows for sure). The panel is from 1:30-3:30 CST today if anyone wants to follow along on Twitter.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Trailer is playing now as we speak.
TCTTS
AG
Tmoneyag99
AG
Duncan Idaho
I stand by my previous statement
Bruce Almighty
AG
Looks like some weird female fusion of Thor and Captain America. She's hot as Hell but incredibly wooden. I'm also getting annoyed of this trend of slow motion action scenes. I hope this is just for the trailer and not the actual movie.
JD Shellnut
AG
Needs bigger boobs.
AgLiving06
watched full directors cut...really liked it from end to end

Ending is definitely better, but I liked the build of superman being invincible and batman trying to figure out how to beat him.

Doomsday was cool..can we get him vs the hulk?

and Gal Gadot...so hot always...
Satellite of Love
quote:

Saw the extended version last night, for the first time, with the wife and after Batfleck and Superman had the heart to heart moment I turned to her and mentioned this scene from Step Brothers. Holy sheet is this the greatest gif ever!!!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Watched it last night, didn't get the hate for it. Sure it wasn't Christopher Nolan, but it was enjoyable. Had the badass fighting of MOS, with more of a plot line (although the plot still wasn't complicated). The only thing that really bothered me in the movie was Laurence Fishburne talking about how newspapers were broke and outdated in every one of his lines. We get it, newspapers suck, Morpheus.

I also wasn't sure about how Lex survived the first Doomsday explosion, but whatever. I think they missed an opportunity to say the reason he was bald was because of radiation from the blast, not because he went to prison and they shaved his head.
fig96
AG
quote:
Watched it last night, didn't get the hate for it. Sure it wasn't Christopher Nolan, but it was enjoyable. Had the badass fighting of MOS, with more of a plot line (although the plot still wasn't complicated). The only thing that really bothered me in the movie was Laurence Fishburne talking about how newspapers were broke and outdated in every one of his lines. We get it, newspapers suck, Morpheus.

I also wasn't sure about how Lex survived the first Doomsday explosion, but whatever. I think they missed an opportunity to say the reason he was bald was because of radiation from the blast, not because he went to prison and they shaved his head.
So you didn't think Batman wanting to kill Superman because if there's a 1% chance and breaking into Lex's server just because while WW shows up for no real reason and Flash shows up in a random dream for no real reason while everyone is mad at Superman for a random foreign event where Jimmy Olsen worked for the CIA while the founder of Facebook is a maniac who wants to kill Superman and can figure out how to access Kryptonian power in a few hours and also create a supermonster that Batman and Superman come together to defeat because their mom has the same name wwhere Lois knows that a random spear can kill said monster was complicated?

Because I'd tend to disagree.
Satellite of Love
So anyone figure out why Wayne had his tower in Metropolis instead of Gotham? Does he ever go to Metropolis for business in the comics or animated series. Seems like all of his business ventures are handled via Wayne Tower in Gotham.
Mr. Nobody
I liked the extended version a lot better than the theatrical version.

At least the dream sequence makes sense instead of just being out of place, though that's just a mess in the theatrical version, and still uneven in this one.

The world would absolutely blame/hate superman for the events that happened in MoS. I have no problem with how they portray Luthor and Batfleck hating superman as well for little motivation. IMO superman would not be very beloved in this reality.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:

So you didn't think Batman wanting to kill Superman because if there's a 1% chance and breaking into Lex's server just because while WW shows up for no real reason and Flash shows up in a random dream for no real reason while everyone is mad at Superman for a random foreign event where Jimmy Olsen worked for the CIA while the founder of Facebook is a maniac who wants to kill Superman and can figure out how to access Kryptonian power in a few hours and also create a supermonster that Batman and Superman come together to defeat because their mom has the same name wwhere Lois knows that a random spear can kill said monster was complicated?

Because I'd tend to disagree.

If I only had more blue stars to give this post.
israeliag
AG
quote:
So anyone figure out why Wayne had his tower in Metropolis instead of Gotham? Does he ever go to Metropolis for business in the comics or animated series. Seems like all of his business ventures are handled via Wayne Tower in Gotham.
I figured it wasn't Wayne Enterprise's HQ, but a branch office, or HQ of a subsidiary.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
This is how I viewed it too. The tower was Wayne Financial. Conceivably, a branch or sister company to Wayne Industries.
Satellite of Love
That could very plausible. What I don't get is why did billionaire Bruce Wayne fly into Metropolis during a huge battle then try to drive to his building via a freakin flat matte black Jeep Wrangler!? That's the best car you have available?? It would have made more sense for Batman to show up. That scene still confuses me.
schmendeler
AG
That was a jeep renegade
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
That could very plausible. What I don't get is why did billionaire Bruce Wayne fly into Metropolis during a huge battle then try to drive to his building via a freakin flat matte black Jeep Wrangler!? That's the best car you have available?? It would have made more sense for Batman to show up. That scene still confuses me.

Probably because Jeep paid for it to be there
homebuildingag
AG
If a jeep can make it through metropolis crumbling while aliens battle, does that mean it can make it around Africa?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.