*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

176,595 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not going to lie I lol'ed when carol put a bullet through the head of the guy Morgan took the time to tie up.
aTmAg
AG
The whole Morgan character has been dumb ever since he came back. The whole notion that he would turn into some sort of ninja after a few months is ridiculous. Him not wanting to kill anybody merely adds to the lameness. I wish they would have made him a guy who uses cunning to stay alive rather than make him Liam Neeson all of the sudden. That type of character in TV/movies has been played out for at least a decade now.

Other than that, great episode and great season so far. I hope they don't blow their $$ in the first few episodes and have to make up for it with boring episodes in the middle of the season.
Aggie Infantry
AG
quote:
The whole notion that he would turn into some sort of ninja after a few months is ridiculous.
Not so fast, my friend. It has been at least a year. He has probably had to put his stick to use (insert jokes here) on a daily basis. That equals real world practice/implementation, which equals mad skills.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
I'm not going to lie I lol'ed when carol put a bullet through the head of the guy Morgan took the time to tie up.

Same here. Just as he finishes, she blasts the guy. Hilarious.

Fantastic episode. And agree with objective's observation above - JSS was the "she just did what she had to" as far as betraying them.

AccountantAg
AG
I get that Morgan is currently struggling with taking human lives but why did Coral even entertain the possibility of sparing the machete wielding wolf.

Also I'm a little surprised that the semi truck didn't rip through their wall.

How do the wolves have so many deranged people. Do they kidnap some from every town they ransack and brainwash them?

Overall great episode
GCRanger
AG
Maybe wolves came from the prison and are just complete psychos or their from a mental ward. It would be interesting if they have a leader that is someone from the past that we thought was dead or wouldn't see again. What is their goal? Are they just pillagers or do they have some kind of cult mantra they live by. One of them said something like, "you don't belong here".

I thought Enid was a wolf but now I'm not sure. Could be that she is just a loaner following her JSS mentality. She mentioned on TTD that she was only out on her own for a few weeks. She was with her parents surviving for a long time. Where did they come from, had they crossed paths with any of the events Rick's group crossed (Woodbury, Termites, etc.). Apparently they were pretty good at surviving.

Kevin Smith's description on TTD was hilarious.

I think the zombie herding team was 5+ miles away when they heard the horn. Someone mentioned in the last episode that they had to get the herd 20 miles out. Rick sends Morgan when they hear the horn, but that would take him about 40 minutes to get there are a good 8 minute mile pace. The whole ordeal at the town only lasted 45 minutes per TTD. The rest of the group was still dealing with the herd and would have to really haul arse to get back, which it looks like rick is doing in the next episode. Then the zombie herd gets out of control and all hell breaks loose again, possibly giving the wolves time to regroup and come back.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Rick sends Morgan when they hear the horn
Pretty sure Rick sent Morgan when they had to start moving the walkers ahead of schedule, not when the horn went off.
BigRobSA
Great episode, though I'm about ready for Morgan to go elsewhere. His wanting to not kill is stupid in the times they're facing.

When Carol was looking at smoking chick and she got machete'd, I was like "WHAT THE ****!? Oh, she mad!!!!"

And Carol handled bidness like a BOSS!

Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
Rick sends Morgan when they hear the horn
Pretty sure Rick sent Morgan when they had to start moving the walkers ahead of schedule, not when the horn went off.
This is correct.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
I get that Morgan is currently struggling with taking human lives but why did Coral even entertain the possibility of sparing the machete wielding wolf.

Well, he's accustomed to killing walkers. He's probably had to kill people (against Governor's group), but he's not a hardened, pragmatic killer like Carol is. I'm not saying Carol LIKES it, but she's just of the opinion that it's something you have to do, even if you don't want to. Like cleaning puke out of your kid's bed and/or carpet.

Honestly, I don't think Carol would be as good at surviving as she is were it not for Ed (he ******-bag, wife-beating dead husband).
Knut
AG
Anyone else think the gun that the wolf picked up when Morgan let them go will play a significant roll? I have a feeling that guy will kill someone important with that gun.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, Morgan's pussness is going to get someone killed. Again.
Objective Aggie
AG
I really liked the way they introduced the viewer to the surprise attack.

Having Carol witness the smoker's fall was very well done. Even seeing the attackers in the background while she hid on the steps trying to quiet the smoker, showing Carol calm in the face of chaos. Then to have her all ninja'd up. Remarkable.

By the way, anyone unlock the kid out of the closet yet?

Also, getting tired of the Senator. She is now worthless.
Objective Aggie
AG
I also found the watch guard doused in flames to be somewhat unrealistic. It looked like napalm but I don't think that group would have had it. They might have been able to get his clothes on fire but he wouldn't burn to a crisp like that.

But I suspended disbelief and moved on.
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
Also, getting tired of the Senator. She is now worthless.

Nothing is different about politicians even after the end of the world.
Pignorant
AG
Anybody wondering what was in the 18 wheeler that crashed into the wall?

Was that guy just trying to ram the gate with it?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Anybody wondering what was in the 18 wheeler that crashed into the wall?

Was that guy just trying to ram the gate with it?
My guess is probably, otherwise we probably would have found out during the episode.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm guessing it is full of walkers in back. The trap set for Daryl and Aaron at the end of last season involved walkers in trailers. That's when Morgan saved them from the car.
Ridge14
Dudes wouldn't have had a chance if I was in charge of Alexandria from the beginning.
AggieOO
quote:
I'm guessing it is full of walkers in back. The trap set for Daryl and Aaron at the end of last season involved walkers in trailers. That's when Morgan saved them from the car.
yep. full of walkers.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
The big guy (axe, chipping limbs, chain on belt)that Morgan took down toward the end, was that the same guy from terminus who was locked in the trailer and freed at end? Looked very similar... i know it is a good distance away Georgia to VA, but if our team can make it, perhaps he did too???
mazzag
AG
He was eaten by walkers as soon as they freed him from the container.
annie88
AG
Good episode. My comments. Will go back and read others above later.

1) Carole kicks ass all the time. Seriously, tells the kid to get over his crappy dad and then starts killing the wolves wholesale. Awesome sauce.

2) Takes out most of the Wolves herself, killing the ones Morgan was trying to "save" were even better.

3) Could Eugene be more of a coward. God, enough dude, seriously, how can anyone be that much of a coward. Same for some of the women. Grow the eff up already and deal with it. Deana and son are pathetic too. Get it already.

4) Morgan is really pissing me off. Dude, these are unredeemable "people" just kill them. No one is impressed that you're playing the pacifist. Hell, if you'd off'd them earlier, all those people in Alexandria would be alive now. Enough already. This is a messe up world and the rules don't apply.

5) If I missed it, why does Morgan feel this way, did he have to kill his wife and kid and that's why he won't kill ever really, really, really, really bad guys? Either way, dude get over it. It's just irritating.

6) Surprised they didn't do a reshoot on the blood that hit the camera when Carole wasted that guy in the house, pretty shoddy, actually.

7) Carl knows better than to not finish that guy off who grabbed the gun. He knows better.

8) Seriously, cut Carl's GD hair.

9) I'm' embarrassed that I didn't catch that Just Survive Somehow was JSS until I watched Talking Dead. I'm a dork.
aTmAg
AG
I already said it once, but dammit I'll say it again. Will these shows stop having normal guys who happen to be eleventy degree black belts in every martial art? Yeah it was cool in the Matrix (and made some sense there), but damn it's gone sorta overboard now, don't you think?
PetroAg87
AG
quote:
Maybe wolves came from the prison and are just complete psychos or their from a mental ward.
I think that we are going to learn just the opposite. As Enid mentioned, these wolves are "just people". Part of the JSS theme to the episode.

These wolves, in order to survive, have simply chosen to show zero compassion or empathy to anyone that isn't part of their pack. In order to survive, each of those individuals has been forced to give up their good side in order to avoid being killed by the pack, and in order to gain the protection of the pack. That one wolf who told Morgan something along the lines of "Who says we had a choice"?... These people are acting as they do because they believe perhaps that it is the only way to survive. Several in our own group were straying towards a similar attitude in the past, but backed off before continuing down that path.

The W scar on the forehead, the complete bloodlust hacking and mutilations after they kill a person.... ways to demonstrate that all sympathy is gone when acting in the best interest of the pack.
chipotle
People gone feral
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Got to think there is something more to the whole hacking off the arms and legs. If you'll recall they ran into a truck completely filled with armless and legless walkers with Ws carved in their foreheads last season.
combat wombat™
AG
Are they cannibals?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I thought so, He just looked similar in my head today as I was thinking about the episode.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I kept getting CAROL AND CORAL confused on this thread.
et98
AG
quote:
These wolves, in order to survive, have simply chosen to show zero compassion or empathy to anyone that isn't part of their pack. In order to survive, each of those individuals has been forced to give up their good side in order to avoid being killed by the pack, and in order to gain the protection of the pack. That one wolf who told Morgan something along the lines of "Who says we had a choice"?... These people are acting as they do because they believe perhaps that it is the only way to survive.
This.

It's probably like prison culture. In order to survive in prison, lots of guys join Nazi gangs, join other violent groups, become someone's *****, and do all sorts of things to stay alive. They'd never behave like that, think in those cultish ways, or associate with those people outside in the real world...but they gotta do what they gotta do to stay alive. And for some, while they're there, they aren't just pretending...they REALLY become those people while they're behind the walls.
et98
AG
Deana looks like a walker. I don't know if the makeup artists are trying to portray that she's older than the other people or is more stressed out than everyone else, but she looks like she's aged 15 years since last season. Maybe the actress herself has gone through some type of physical issue or something...but she looks like a dead person.
Punked Shank
AG
quote:

6) Surprised they didn't do a reshoot on the blood that hit the camera when Carole wasted that guy in the house, pretty shoddy, actually.

False. That it was badass and a great effect
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:

False. That it was badass and a great effect
I have a personal aversion to "breaking the 4th wall." The blood on the camera effects annoy me for that reason.
et98
AG
I'm as frustrated as everyone with Morgan's pacifism because I believe it was a terrible strategy during that particular moment.

However, I like that the show is keeping characters around as a moral compass. Maintaining a sense of humanity is important. The world won't always be like it is. Eventually, civility & society as a whole will again start to emerge, and we have to have humane leaders available when it does.

I still believe that this show is really a long biography of Carl who will eventually become the leader of the new world. He will have have the toughness of Carol & Rick to be successful, but he will also need the "all life is precious" side of Morgan as well.

If you think about it, The Wolves are a great example of a group with no humanity or moral influence. Alexandria, prior to Rick's group coming in, was a great example of a group with the only influence being humanity & morality. Neither can survive on their own...they must have each other.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.