*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

176,195 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They said it was at the beginning. Not out of the ballpark for people to do things that didn't turn out to be a great idea.
EllisCoAg
AG
There has to be more to this Wolves story line, they spent a lot of time to set this up. Also, I doubt we have seen the kingpin yet, the traps they have set in the past were pretty creative and don't think the savages we saw were capable. This was probably a recon mission to see what the defenses were.

Great episode overall
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Again, why was the episode called JSS?
Just Survive Somehow.

Enide wrote it a ton in her flashbacks and let a note for Sh****Carl saying it spelled out.
Thanks Ol Jock. But I meant, why else would JSS be the title unless it was all about Enid.
et98
AG
quote:
There has to be more to this Wolves story line, they spent a lot of time to set this up. Also, I doubt we have seen the kingpin yet, the traps they have set in the past were pretty creative and don't think the savages we saw were capable.

I agree. There's a strange dichotomy within The Wolves. On one hand, they're a very intelligent groups who's learned how to manipulate large groups of walkers to use them as weapons on a relatively massive scale. These strategic plans required a lot of preparation & organization to create and pull off.

On the other hand, they seem to be savages with very limited resources or intelligence. At times, there seems to be almost no organization or centralized strategy. It's like the group is based on chaos and insanity.

There's clearly a lot more to their story.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think there's some level of intelligent leadership providing both the philosophy of being a wolf as well as some strategy they've employed. There's an alpha out there.
H6RBW
AG
They're also operating over a pretty wide area, or followed (whether intentionally or not) Rick's group.Remember we saw the "Wolves Not Far" back around Noah's camp in Richmond - which is about 100 miles from Alexandria. And, speaking of Noah's camp, it looked like their m.o. was the same: tire tracks leading up to a breach in the wall, then a lot of hacked-off arms and legs....plus the truck full of W-carved-in-the-forehead-torsos.

Seems unlikely that the whole group is just a handful of crazies with sharpened stakes and axes.
The Debt
quote:
right - it was dumb because of the cliff. maybe they didnt think the walkers would do that. who knows. but that is what they said when they talked about scouting the quarry.
Sure.

Or the black dude is just gullible enough to think the camp at the bottom of a quarry is an actual group of survivors. Why would any survivors camp in a place with limited exits? How could survivors travel in/out of their quarry with trucks that arent even keeping Zs out? (They need to get out for water and food; the max you can live without water is 3 days.)

But I ask again if you had 4 trucks and you were expecting Zs, would you arrange them the way we witnessed?
annie88
AG
I think we should say a prayer for the chomped up turtle.

Poor little turtle, he didn't do anything.
annie88
AG

quote:
- why do all the townsfolk act like a gun is a freaking live snake? Seriously, are they all such nutty liberals that guns are appalling/sickening? It's to the point of being silly. OMG ITS A GUN INDONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT DONT LET IT TOUCH MY SKIN.
Agree. These are the most fearful wussies I've seen. How can survival instinct not kick in some. I get they were somewhat sheltered, but for the love of pete, these people are basket cases. Even Eugene is pissing me off, Dude, GO FIND YOUR BALLS!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
i thought the trucks were parked to keep walkers out of the camp? that is what i remember them saying anyway... maybe i heard it wrong.

That is what you heard.

Not everything you hear in a tv show is going to be in line with what actually happened, though.

The wolves could've set it up, still.
Centerpole90
AG
I thought it was funny how Rick wanted to undertake the operation because some of the walkers were squeezing through the gap between the trailers. Then when they HAD to go they just started the truck and let the walkers out.

Could've backed it up just the same and closed the gap to start with.

Just as well though, since the other border failed.
Beer Baron
AG
Carol

AgKJ
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
I thought it was funny how Rick wanted to undertake the operation because some of the walkers were squeezing through the gap between the trailers. Then when they HAD to go they just started the truck and let the walkers out.

Could've backed it up just the same and closed the gap to start with.

Just as well though, since the other border failed.

He said that the other trucks on top were going to fall soon and that was the main reason... wasn't just the ones squeezing through the two truck on bottom.
91_Aggie
AG
I grew up out in the country. We lived 5 miles from the town where I went to high school (population 633).
(this information is pertinent because it establishes the quietness of the area much like it would be near Alexandria in a zombie apocalypse).

Everyday at noon and 5pm, the town had this huge horn up on a tower that would blow for about 10-20 seconds.

It was really loud if you were in town and much louder than any horn on a semi-truck.

But we never heard it from our house. Not even slightly.

So, if Rick and the rest heard that horn blowing that loudly, they were a helluva lot closer than 5 miles.
Centerpole90
AG
I grew up 3.5 mi from a town with a horn that blew at the same times and my experience was EXACTLY the same.

And I know I oversimplified about the the trucks, I was just poking fun that they can go and fire the truck up then move it in an instant without waiting for it to build air pressure or having to back off all the slack adjusters to release the brakes (and of course after sitting all that time NOT ONE brake drum was stuck); and all the batteries were up. It's all fun, hell, It's a ZOMBIE show!
Apache
AG
quote:
On the other hand, they seem to be savages with very limited resources or intelligence. At times, there seems to be almost no organization or centralized strategy. It's like the group is based on chaos and insanity.
They could be sending out the crazies to test the perimeter wall & defensive capabilities of the inhabitants. (A single wolf leader could be watching the action & documenting)
AgKJ
AG
quote:
So, if Rick and the rest heard that horn blowing that loudly, they were a helluva lot closer than 5 miles.

Or, you know, they were however far out the writers of the show wanted them to be, yet heard it anyway.

I've never understood why so many of you try to apply science and physics to a show written by freaking Hollywood airhead writers. Do you actually think they're considering things like how sound carries over distance, how many bullets a gun can hold etc.?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
how many bullets a gun can hold
Centerpole90
AG

quote:
I've never understood why so many of you try to apply science and physics to a show written by freaking Hollywood airhead writers.
Because it's fun. And discussion board.

And another thing. How are all these dead people walking around?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
how many bullets a gun can hold

The knew how many a gun can hold when Rick tells Carl not to waste ammo because he doesn't know when he might need it, and then Carl ends up one bullet short when he's getting attacked by walkers.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
quote:
They could be sending out the crazies to test the perimeter wall & defensive capabilities of the inhabitants. (A single wolf leader could be watching the action & documenting)

Reavers
BBRex
AG
The Wolves seem to be gathering up walkers for their traps/defenses. Maybe the truck was empty, and they planned to take back some of the Alexandrians as Walkers after they killed them.
LawAg05
AG
quote:
The Wolves seem to be gathering up walkers for their traps/defenses. Maybe the truck was empty, and they planned to take back some of the Alexandrians as Walkers after they killed them.
I guess the truck could have been empty. I assumed it was full of walkers like their trap and they would drive it into the walls, then let them out and come back later to scavenge through the town.
H6RBW
AG
But until you know the attack's going to succeed, why risk your truck? Just drive it up after the flight's over. Certainly no reason to try and ram the gate if the truck's only purpose is to haul away walkerized Alexandrians.
Chipotlemonger
AG
They have more than one truck.

I'm sure it's not hard to find more.
CDub06
AG
After all of the murder and destruction these Wolves have done, I find it unlikely that they have not come across guns...
Clavell
AG
I think it is part of their philosophy. Or maybe more likely the leaders don't want the followers to have guns. Pesky revolts.
CDub06
AG
That's kind of what I'm thinking. There are some intelligent people in charge that are letting these nuts run amok according to their agenda.
Drawkcab
quote:
quote:
quote:
Rick sends Morgan when they hear the horn
Pretty sure Rick sent Morgan when they had to start moving the walkers ahead of schedule, not when the horn went off.
This is correct.

No it's not. Morgan was with Rick when he had to stab Mr. This Plan Will Never Work because he got bit and couldn't stop screaming. Morgan gave him a disapproving look. I don't even remember him sending Morgan back but he definitely didn't do it when things kicked off.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Pretty sure Rick sent Morgan when they had to start moving the walkers ahead of schedule, not when the horn went off.
This is correct.

No it's not. Morgan was with Rick when he had to stab Mr. This Plan Will Never Work because he got bit and couldn't stop screaming. Morgan gave him a disapproving look. I don't even remember him sending Morgan back but he definitely didn't do it when things kicked off.

He sent him back to let the others know about the plan in motion or to let them know Carter was dead
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
This is correct.

He sent him back to let the others know about the plan in motion or to let them know Carter was dead

Centerpole90
AG
That gif is as old as the Internet. I remember waiting 15 minutes for it to download in dial-up.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Mr. This Plan Will Never Work because he got bit and couldn't stop screaming.

Did anyone else get the sense that Morgan disapproved of stabbing him? Because I probably wouldn't have. The guy was certain to die. And, in the meantime, he was making so much noise he was increasing the odds someone else would get killed.
wcaggie04
AG
Haven't seen this mentioned... But did Morgan turn a corner in his feelings towards killing with the guy at the end. If you notice he has a gun on his hip when he walks by Carol at the end. Seemed interesting to me. He just had told the preist he didn't want a gun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.