2015 Concerts Who You Seeing

33,384 Views | 310 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by goadius6
danw95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Chicago
Tedeschi/Trucks
Joe Bonomassa

Don't miss Sharon Jones opening for tedeschi trucks
Tobias Funke
AG
Been a good month! After Bunbury (avett brothers, black keys, snoop, brand new, Manchester orchestra, father john misty, Matt and Kim, decemberists), saw Spoon last week and Damien Rice last night.

Weezer is next
Know Your Enemy
AG
Went to see Leon Bridges in a small jazz club last night. Great new soul singer from FTW who just signed a big record deal with Columbia.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Lyle Lovett and the Large Band 8/22 at Margaritaville Bossier City

Jerry Jeff Walker 9/12 at ACL Live in Austin.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Just picked up tickets for Motrhead with Saxon & Crobot at the Bomb Factory.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls in October - HOB Dallas
Goodfield Nohit
It's been a good year for Austin music.

I saw Foo Fighters at the Moody Theater in what was arguably the best show I've ever seen.
Rush at COTA in May.
The Eagles.
James McMurtry several times.
Vallejo a couple of times.
Hayes Carll last night, Ian Moore on Friday night.
I have tickets to Mark Knopfler in September as well.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Brand New Oct 3rd in Dallas.
jrod2181
Still no official word on the Foo FIghters July 4th concert but since it is 5 days away I am just saying no news is good news. Can't wait for this show
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Still no official word on the Foo FIghters July 4th concert but since it is 5 days away I am just saying no news is good news. Can't wait for this show

Just saw this on Twitter. I'd say that's official.

jrod2181
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liam
AG
First time seeing Manchester Orchestra this October. Pretty stoked about that.
jrod2181
Was able to get on the rail for Foo Fighters in DC this weekend. Great show and experience

AgLaw
AG
Saw Sturgill Simspon and The Avett Brothers on Saturday. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Sturgill Simpson tore it up. He and his guitarist are both so, so talented. I've never seen a crowd react to an opening act like they did for Simpson.

Disclaimer about The Avett Brothers: I really didn't know much about them before I bought these tickets. They are a generation behind me, and when they were coming up, I was knee deep in raising kids. I'm a big Sturgill Simpson fan, and couldn't pass up swing him at Red Rocks. I've basically only been listening to their music for about two months.

Holy balls. Those guys are freakkng awesome! Hands down one of the best live bands I've ever seen. I will not miss them when they roll back through town.
Sex Panther
AG
Wow Sturgill and Avett Bros together at Red Rocks... I'm jealous.
purplehayes
Took my son with me to see RUSH in Denver Saturday evening... AMAZING as usual...
RossG_2
AG
I'm pretty jacked about finally seeing the Avett Brothers at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion tomorrow night. I'll be in the pit! I've also got an extra pit ticket and two section 110, row A seats available for anybody interested.

Steely Dan with Elvis Costello the next night. Should be an awesome weekend.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Kenny Wayne Shepherd is next up
ellebee
Seeing Marilyn Manson and smashing pumpkins tonight in San Antonio!! I can't lie. I love me some Marilyn Manson.
Stoli7
Aaron behrens in austin tonight!

(Lead singer from ghostland observatory )
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
Was able to get on the rail for Foo Fighters in DC this weekend. Great show and experience

Looks like we were pretty close to each other.

Know Your Enemy
AG
May go see Faith No More a week from Monday. Next month I have Alice In Chains, Alabama Shakes, Body Count, Billy Joel, & Foo Fighters.
ellebee
Marilyn Manson puts on an amazing freaking show!!
Objective Aggie
AG
Just saw Metric and Imagine Dragons

I saw Imagine Dragons at a private event earlier this year and they were really good. So I got tix and saw this in Dallas. Really, really good show. And I am not a huge listener of their music. But they have a tremendous live show.

A little disappointed in Metric but they were out of place at the AAC with a bunch of teeny boppers.
SoTxAg
AG
Social Distortion, playing their old stuff Aug 1 in Houston.
ElephantRider
AG
Drive-By Truckers and Alabama Shakes next month
clobby
AG
I was at the Sturgill/Avett concert at Red rocks and saw Wilco later that week there too.
MooreTrucker
AG
Just saw Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire at the Pepsi Center in Denver! One of the best concerts I've seen ever!

They did a set together, then Earth Wind and Fire played a set, then Chicago played a set, then they finished together. It was fantastic!!
jetch17
AG

jetch17
AG
whats the verdict on the Faith No More shows the last couple of nights in Texas?
Know Your Enemy
AG
I ended up skipping FNM.
ElephantRider
AG
quote:

I want to go to this so bad. You may not be able to tell, but I really dig Clutch
jetch17
AG
Keep On Keeping On The Low Road
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
whats the verdict on the Faith No More shows the last couple of nights in Texas?

I went to the Austin show on Sunday and it was worth it for the nostalgia trip alone, but Mike Patton's voice is still great and the band kept it together for the most part. The setlist was kinda weird, though.
Austin Music Hall was hot as balls, but I'm glad I got a show in there before it gets torn down. Austin concert crowds are god awful, too.
Bunk Moreland
Austin Music Hall in late July?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.