2015 Concerts Who You Seeing

33,358 Views | 310 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by goadius6
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had floor seats to Gary Clark Jr and the Foo Fighters last night...holy hell what a concert. I wish GCJ could have had his own set, he's incredible live. FF put on a great show too. Grohl seems like a badass guy to have a beer with.
Know Your Enemy
AG
So I went to an in-store appearance with Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce, and Neal Smith from the original Alice Cooper group at Good Records. They did a Q&A, autograph signing, and then got up to jam. After their first song the door to the office opened up and Alice ****ing Cooper walked out onstage and proceeded to sing about 7-8 songs with them. It was incredible. They hadn't performed together since the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies back in 2011.
TP Ag '87
AG
Cool story, junkhead. What city?

Tremonti/Trivium tonight in Houston.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dallas.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-cooper-band-reunion/

http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/alice-cooper-played-a-surprise-reunion-with-his-original-band-at-good-records-7663648
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm friends with the store owner so he grabbed me at the end to help them get Alice and the other guys safely to their cars. When I walked in the backroom I turned around and Alice was right in front of me. I shook his hand and told him that the performance was awesome. I so badly wanted to ask for a picture but I didn't want to be an *******. No one else was asking him for anything back there so I wasn't going to be the one. Very cool moment for me, though.
Bunk Moreland
that's awesome
TP Ag '87
AG
Too cool. Shoulda asked him about his golf game these days,...
Know Your Enemy
AG
I didn't want to bug him. Almost asked about his sports bar in Phoenix. Was just there in April.
Bunk Moreland
anyone going to see MMJ at Austin Music Hall in 2 weeks? Trying to figure out a way to see one of those shows.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
I wish they were coming to Houston.
mhayden
Up close for Chris Cornell tonight in Dallas at The Majestic and super-stoked. Saw him do Audioslave/TempleoftheDog/Soundgarden/SoloStuff at House of Blues in Dallas about 10 years ago and it was one of my favorite concerts of all time. If I get "Can't Change Me", "I Am The Highway" and him covering "River of Deceit" like some of the other stops, I'm going to be on cloud 9.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'll be there too. Pre-game at Press Box Grill if you want to join us.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Fastest 2 1/2 hours of my life. *******, Chris Cornell is incredible.
Ashley96
AG
quote:
Fastest 2 1/2 hours of my life. *******, Chris Cornell is incredible.
Agreed! He was AMAZING last night in Austin!
TP Ag '87
AG
Zac Brown Sat. Sammy Hagar Tues.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Where are you seeing Hagar?
TP Ag '87
AG
Houston Revention Center. With Michael Anthony, John Bonham + his long time lead guitarist. 9th row.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ah, The Circle. I've actually met all 4 members of that band at different times.
Hogties
AG
So far in 2015
Wagner opera - Die Valkire was amazing, chills
Incubus - really good
Wiz Kalifa - fun didn't know it was so easy to get a contact high at an open air concert lol
Fall Out Boy - for the daughter, meh
Rob Thomas - great, dude can sing
Snoop Dogg - fun surprisingly lily white audience
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga - Bennett was classic Gaga was too campy
Looney Tunes at the Symphony- think cartoons on the big screen with live music. Super fun
Bowling for Soup - fun
Plain White T's - really good
Vinyl Station - good

Up next Chris Cornell in Houston Saturday (edit) Should be great!
Know Your Enemy
AG
I thought that Cornell show was Saturday.
Hogties
AG
Correct. My mistake.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Damn you. Got me all excited for a minute. I'm going to be visiting friends in Houston for the weekend but I'll be in College Station for the game Saturday night.
TP Ag '87
AG
Cross-posted on Houston board,...

Anyone have (positive) experience in getting Uber after a Woodlands concert? We tried it after Dave Matthews and it was a disaster and ruined a great evening. Of course, that night was also a bunch of proms + the triathlon.

Just wondering if my experience was the perfect storm or the norm. Sure hoping for better news,...
Jim01
AG
Two good shows to wrap up the year

Toadies - House of Blues
CHVRCHES - Revention Music Center (a.k.a Bayou Music Center) (a.k.a. Verizon Wireless) (a.k.a a new name every 6 months) - a Buzzfestivus show. Shocking to me the Buzz is associated with a legitimate band
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Leon Bridges this Friday at the Houston House of Blues.
TP Ag '87
AG
Uber from Woodlands worked fine.

Zac Brown was one of the most impressive shows I've seen in quite some time. Musicianship was something else, better than I expected. Stage visuals were also really cool. Someone termed them the country version of Dave Matthews, and I get that. They played a complete version of Bohemian Rhapsody, complete with the video screens mimicking the original Queen video. Pretty cool.
Sex Panther
AG
Anybody know how I can get Leon Bridges tickets tonight at HOB Houston? I know it's pretty last minute, but figured I'd try.

thanks in advance
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Try Live Nation. I think that's what my wife did.
Hank Mardukas
AG
The Fall of Troy tonight in Denver, playing Doppleganger in its entirety. Turning back the clock on my high school days.
TexAgsSean
AG
quote:
quote:
Going to see Yellowcard and New Found Glory in October
Oh man that's a flashback!

Been listening to NFG for nearly 15 years and Yellowcard for about 12 years. I went to the show in October in Houston. So energetic - love seeing them live.
dfphotos
seeing collective soul at Emos friday night. should be great as usual.
goadius6
AG
Houndmouth last night at Warehouse Live in Houston. GREAT show. They're playing in Dallas at Granada, if you have the means, I highly recommend it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.