Give me the lowdown on online dating...

50,941 Views | 474 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ShinerBlonde
Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup!
AgsLv44
AG
Maybe there should be a GB singles gathering? Or do y'all already do that?
mrad85
AG
quote:
Maybe there should be a GB singles mixer? Or do y'all already do that?

Damn. Another list I didn't make.
AgsLv44
AG
I was just suggesting as an alternative to using these websites or APs -

I think they already have meet ups occasionally that are open invites 85
Chazz03
AG
FTI was looking for a mixer today
AgsLv44
AG
Okay, how bout a gathering instead of a mixer for them?
AgsLv44
AG
Bad idea, bumble on GBers
Psych
AG
quote:
Yup!

Pretty and smart! Don't worry. You'll find someone.
haircut
AG
How about a Saturday night update?

This tinder thing is fn depressing! At least with match, I can see if a chick at least looked at my profile. I've quickly lost interest in tinder because I've only been matched with ONE girl and she was a bot! I started swiping right on almost everybody and especially the ones that say DTF and NSA. Surely a DTF want every option available!
AgHoop
AG
I alway get a decent amount of matches on Tinder. Just have a better profile pic and be less picky with your swiping.
bagger05
AG
Have you tried making any changes to your profile? Maybe try to google "how to get more matches on Tinder." You're new to the game, but people before you have made lots of mistakes you could learn from. No need to reinvent the wheel. I bet there are lots of good tips out there about what makes a good Tinder profile.

Obviously one way to go would be to widen your distance and age settings.

Hang in there. Try not to be discouraged.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'll go thru and pic the pics to use. Message me your profile and I'll tell you what to change
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Are you using good pictures? I almost didn't match with my boyfriend because his pictures weren't that great - but there was one where he had a nice smile and I decided it was worth the chance to swipe right. Its been a little over 7 months, and I'm glad I did.
haircut
AG
I used my FB profile pic, another where I'm sitting on my Harley, and I snapped a selfie on the boat.

This is what my profile says "Happy go lucky, sober, country fella, living in the city". I think that's accurate.
Psych
AG
quote:
I used my FB profile pic, another where I'm sitting on my Harley, and I snapped a selfie on the boat.

This is what my profile says "Happy go lucky, sober, country fella, living in the city". I think that's accurate.

Have you tried farmersonly.com?
haircut
AG
Hey boots. Heck I'd I know. I thought they were good pics and I snapped one that was in June so that it was an accurate, current day picture.
Psych
AG
quote:

Also, try "Easy going guy who doesn't need alcohol to have a good time. Just a county boy at heart living in the big city."
AgsLv44
AG
This is a good idea
haircut
AG
quote:
Have you tried farmersonly.com?
That's probably not a bad idea. I'm going to take y'alls suggestions and see what happens.
bagger05
AG
Is it important to you whether someone you go out with is sober? The impression I get from "sober" is that you've beaten a drug addiction or you're an alcoholic. Or you think booze is the devil and you won't buy a girl a drink.

If it's the former, good for you to overcome your stuff but that is the kinda thing that you could maybe bring up on the third date. If it's the latter, then I guess that's important to make that clear but I think it will DRASTICALLY limit your options.
haircut
AG
Sober because alcoholic. I don't mind if s/o drinks but getting drunk isn't really my bag. I do see how saying im sober comes across as pretty large baggage. I'll change that to something like psych suggested
bagger05
AG
I think most people on Tinder --regardless of whether they're just looking for a hook up or what-- are looking to go out and have fun. For lots of people that means going out and having a drink or two. When you say something about not drinking (even switching "sober" to "don't need alcohol to have fun") I think it will probably put out a vibe like you're a teetotaler because you're super strict baptist or you don't drink because you have a problem.

I don't know you, but I imagine that the fact that you're a sober alcoholic doesn't define you as a person. Not saying you should run and hide from it or lie about it, but I think that if you put that out there as part of your profile then lots of people are going to make assumptions about you. I say let them get to know you and if it turns out that they suck and they don't want to hang out with you if you don't drink then screw em.

Personal opinion (of someone who has never online dated before) is that you're really thinning the field by putting that stuff about alcohol out there.
TheMasterplan
lol I matched with a 48 year old the other day.

Yeah I'm sure she's looking for a relationship.
TheMasterplan
quote:
Are you using good pictures? I almost didn't match with my boyfriend because his pictures weren't that great - but there was one where he had a nice smile and I decided it was worth the chance to swipe right. Its been a little over 7 months, and I'm glad I did.
This is what I don't get about people bagging out Tinder. I've met some interesting people, some flings and some great women and I've been all the better for it.

I can usually tell real quick whether or not the girl is interesting via the same type of messaging kate beckett was talking about.
Kate Beckett
AG
One I got today: "Hey i'm chill lets talk baby how are you".

No.
bagger05
AG
quote:
One I got today: "Hey i'm chill lets talk baby how are you".

No.

That doesn't do it for you?
COOL LASER FALCON
Haircut, I think these are the points I would cover for you just based on your posting here.

-unapologetically positive
-loves being on the water or at a dance hall
-thankful for every step that's led you to where you are today
-high energy
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Alcoholic who loves to gamble and ****.
PrincessButtercup
AG
So I have a match profile but hadn't logged in since February. I get messages sent to my email and I usually don't really pay a whole lot of attention to them, but I read one which made me log in last night. Been chatting with this fellow who seems oddly perfect for me. Going on a date Tuesday. -_-
AgsLv44
AG
When I was on match I had something about A&M Football & being an Aggie in my profile. I had quite a few Ags message me. Anything about A&M on match? I don't know about tinder.
haircut
AG
Thanks for the feedback CLF! I stole some of your suggestions and added them to my profile.
haircut
AG
quote:
Alcoholic who loves to gamble and ****.
also great insight. I'll keep these in my back pocket until a third date occurs.
Tatem
i would date you....you know, depending on you salary
haircut
AG
$1, bob
Tatem
doubtful

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.