Give me the lowdown on online dating...

50,916 Views | 474 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ShinerBlonde
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't read this thread, did KWAW ever get it put in?
haircut
AG
Thanks! Ima do it! I'll report back I my failures :-)
Kate Beckett
AG
I have profiles I check every so often and update pictures just for giggles. Yikes at most who I come across.
HowdyOutbound
quote:
This thing popped up on my Watchlist for some reason, so here is the update. I've queued up some womens and now it's time to start blasting out messages. I'm nervous, but **** it

Don't be surprised or discouraged if only the chunky ones respond.
Carlo4
AG
Just be honest in your intentions. If you're a woman, regardless of what you'll say, you'll get awful messages asking to buy you for sex. If you're there for casual, say it. If serious, say that. Weeds out people quickly... yet they still lie.

This is marketing 101. Differentiate. Everyone says they love to travel but say it in a unique way and you get more on the hook.

Use updated photos. Can't tell you how many were plus 50 pounds or more, new hair color, etc. Im not superficial but be honest! Those photos are 4 years old? Now I don't trust you nor believe you have positive self esteem.

As a man, the least time consuming apps are bumble and tinder by a mile. Swiping is 1000000 faster than reading a book on match.

Match is great but so time consuming as you don't know who is interested. Women on there are typically lazy and wait for the 30 daily messages to weed out everyone. Women I've dated on here told me it's all about catching them when they use the site.

Also, etiquette is beyond pathetic, and I'm shocked by the women. The endless pool leaves everyone to believe someone better is a click away. Just tell someone you're interesred or you're not. Really simple.

Max06
AG
quote:
Just be honest in your intentions. If you're a woman, regardless of what you'll say, you'll get awful messages asking to buy you for sex. If you're there for casual, say it. If serious, say that. Weeds out people quickly... yet they still lie.

This is marketing 101. Differentiate. Everyone says they love to travel but say it in a unique way and you get more on the hook.

Use updated photos. Can't tell you how many were plus 50 pounds or more, new hair color, etc. Im not superficial but be honest! Those photos are 4 years old? Now I don't trust you nor believe you have positive self esteem.

As a man, the least time consuming apps are bumble and tinder by a mile. Swiping is 1000000 faster than reading a book on match.

Match is great but so time consuming as you don't know who is interested. Women on there are typically lazy and wait for the 30 daily messages to weed out everyone. Women I've dated on here told me it's all about catching them when they use the site.

Also, etiquette is beyond pathetic, and I'm shocked by the women. The endless pool leaves everyone to believe someone better is a click away. Just tell someone you're interesred or you're not. Really simple.

Solid advice here.

I will add, have a variety of photos- not just MySpace angled selfies.
haircut
AG
Good advice man. I did use my current pics, which I don't like, but it is where I'm at. I'll look into a faster app because I really don't want to decipher a bunch of info, nor try and "talk myself up".
Kate Beckett
AG
quote:

Solid advice.
HowdyOutbound
You need message at least 10 girls a day to have any shot at finding anyone soon. Dating is a numbers game, but more so with online dating. Just pick out something you read in their profile to comment on and add a little humor with one to two sentences and move on to the next. That strategy seemed to get the best results for me. Women get hammered with messages and don't have time to read essays, but they also don't like seeing 1-2 word messages or see that you haven't read their profile.
haircut
AG
I bet I swiped left / right 1k times, I gotta start messaging too. This **** is hard work!
Tatem
i would message you HC!
Kate Beckett
AG
I message people but I never get a reply. I know I'm not that good looking but damn.
Tatem
have you messaged haircut?
haircut
AG
Hi Kate Beckett! I see you attended Texas A&M and majored in EE. You must be really smart and nerdy! How about a steak one night, at Waffle House discussing the hilariousness of Kirchhoffs Current Laws!
haircut
AG
We can practice messaging here on the GB.
Tatem
Geralt of Rivia
S
WTF is going on in here?

haircut
AG
I think we're about to run hypothetical online dating scenarios and practice talking to members of the opposite, or same sex.
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
Hey Kitten, this is your thread from last August. Did you go through with the online dating process and have any luck?

If you're still single, I suppose we could both skip the online sites and just settle for each other.
I haven't gone through with it, but I may try it at some point. Dating just isn't in my foreseeable future. Maybe we can be each others backup plan!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Oh, ok. Sign me up then

Geralt of Rivia
S
I'd buy KWOW lunch at the Chicken sometime
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
I'd buy KWOW lunch at the Chicken sometime
*bats eyelashes*
Tatem
you both need to practice so we can get you olds married off
Geralt of Rivia
S
Just let me know when
Tatem
she gets lunch and I can't even get a name!???
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'd buy you lunch if your husband would give the OK
Tatem
Well next time I'm in town...i
haircut
AG
quote:
quote:
Hey Kitten, this is your thread from last August. Did you go through with the online dating process and have any luck?

If you're still single, I suppose we could both skip the online sites and just settle for each other.
I haven't gone through with it, but I may try it at some point. Dating just isn't in my foreseeable future. Maybe we can be each others backup plan!
Being in the backup plan is better than being in no plan at all! It's a deal and so far I get many more bites fishing, but I'll give this online thing some more time.
haircut
AG
** My profile **

Love fishing and online chatting
Haircuts are my thing
No nose rings
420 unfriendly
Not looking for hookups

/unzips pants
Tatem
let me approve your dating app pic HC p
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
Well next time I'm in town...i

Tatem
that really isn't your profile is it??
haircut
AG
Maybe the fishing part..
Psych
AG
quote:
I message people but I never get a reply. I know I'm not that good looking but damn.

You serious? If I didn't have a girlfriend, I would totally ask you out on a date.
AgsLv44
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.