Give me the lowdown on online dating...

51,049 Views | 474 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ShinerBlonde
Frederick Palowaski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Is this worth the time to even sign up or what? Anyone had any success with online dating? Which one is the best/worst?

It seems like there are only married guys and college boys in College Station, neither of which I am interested in dating. It's hard to meet people in this town when you're single and *cough* 28.

Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and make yer jokes, but give me some serious discussion on this, too, please.

Your headline should be "The parents weren't at fault" and you will attract the terrible people you want.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
quote:
Is this worth the time to even sign up or what? Anyone had any success with online dating? Which one is the best/worst?

It seems like there are only married guys and college boys in College Station, neither of which I am interested in dating. It's hard to meet people in this town when you're single and *cough* 28.

Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and make yer jokes, but give me some serious discussion on this, too, please.

Your headline should be "The parents weren't at fault" and you will attract the terrible people you want.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
HowdyOutbound
I met my size 00-2 fiancee on OkCupid. That's like like finding a unicorn in the online dating world.
haircut
AG
Update : I signed up and haven't put pictures up yet, but I saved a couple of chicks I'm going to hit up. There's a Mexican chick that looks like what I need and if I get to go out with her im just going to ask her to marry me.
haircut
AG
That is some badass nerdery right there! Blue star.
B-1 83
AG
Be sure to post pictures of yourself like this one....

Eliminatus
AG
quote:
My last roll through Tinder 2.5 years ago, I started logging data just for the hell of it. Make fun of you will.

I don't have it on hand right now, but I tracked
* the single-parent and/or divorcee rate,
* frequency of common profile sayings like "loves to laugh"/"live laugh love"/"enjoys a night out on the town as much as a night cuddled up on the couch", "drama-free", "let's tell them we met at Central Market", etc
* prevalence of morbid obesity,
* no profile description (or less than 5 letters),
* how many felt like they had to say they were not looking for a hookup [which was a fun stat to cross-reference with the single-parent thing],
* common photo cliches like finger-marker moustaches, at least one photo of her face totally whitewashed/overexposed, profiles where she is never in a photo without other girls in the same photo

And a zillion other metrics I can't remember right now. Plus some sh*t for my own use like what my swipe-right %, age, match %, breakdown between blonde/brunette/redhead right-swipe was.

It was staggering to see in full scale. I think I only evaluated the first 350 people because it was so cumbersome to keep populating. But at that time, like 1/9 girls I saw were single parents. 33%+ were fatter than chunky.

I had to stop logging it altogether.
Yeah....you were doing it wrong.
Eliminatus
AG
Audi, my man. Gotta lease the Audi.

BMW's are for disgraced doctors pending medical license review for diddling patients while they are under.
backintexas2013
AG
You should do it. You won't meet any immature guys.
Serious Lee
quote:
Update : I signed up and haven't put pictures up yet, but I saved a couple of chicks I'm going to hit up. There's a Mexican chick that looks like what I need and if I get to go out with her im just going to ask her to marry me.
pics?

i used to get on plenty of fish.com every xmas break when back in hometown and would slay tail, and im the least social person i know. was seriously like shooting fish in a barrel once you got familiar with the chicks and find out which ones know what they want. pleasantly surprusing how many will basically tell you they are DTF
LisaMarie
AG
Met my hubs on POF
treetop flyer
Pro tip; avoid the following:

Girls without a full body shot
Full body shots in garbage bag loose clothing
Girls with cats in the pic as main profile
Main profile head tilt more than 40 degrees
More than two pictures with a huge group shot
The 35-40 demographic is the hands down craziest. Tread lightly
Be skeptical of women from the valley or border towns.
Zemira
AG
Online dating is a pita and it sucks.

Tips:

At least fill out part of your profile and gave 2-3 photos (guys do MySpace angles too!)

Be honest but not brutality honest. I don't need to know you have a mole on your ass before we meet.

If you message a female - don't just say hi, ask if she wants to have sex or use a cheese ball pickup line. Actual sentences get a response.

And don't string a girl along for weeks if you just want to be 'friends' (guy strung me along for six weeks without so much as a kiss till I confronted him). If you don't like her tell her and end it. Don't avoid her phone calls or text messages. Be a man and say "You are a nice girl, but I don't think this is going to work."

And don't tell her Game of Thrones is more important than your date.

marble rye
AG
There is just so much garbage to wade through. Blech.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
I know plenty of people that have met online and have gotten married...

Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
There is just so much garbage to wade through. Blech.
Cromagnum
AG
This is all you need to know.

Serious Lee
quote:
Pro tip; avoid the following:

Girls without a full body shot
Full body shots in garbage bag loose clothing

PSA, dont fall for the cleavage-up shot. those tits may look great but theres guaranteed to be some FUPA below it. damn if i didnt learn the hard way.

still, might as well just go through with it once realized you been duped. P is P.
marble rye
AG
He is Ass My Dude
quote:
No idea about college station but it worked well for me in the major towns I lived in.

Had my worst dates with chick's from match. Had some of my best dates with chocks from match and a whOle ****load in between.

I would stay off the free sites unless you just want the d.

Is a Chock a chick with c**k?
Serious Lee
i dont love fatties, but when you been around enough women, they arent any different than the skinny/attractvie ones. its just mental masturbation at some point.
TheMasterplan
quote:

Unfortunately doesn't mean they're cleaning every crevice on their body.
Gil Renard
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Rule 1 on the cleaning lady

Kitten With A Whip
quote:

I don't care who ya are, that right there is funny.
mhayden
quote:
My last roll through Tinder 2.5 years ago, I started logging data just for the hell of it. Make fun of you will.

I don't have it on hand right now, but I tracked
* the single-parent and/or divorcee rate,
* frequency of common profile sayings like "loves to laugh"/"live laugh love"/"enjoys a night out on the town as much as a night cuddled up on the couch", "drama-free", "let's tell them we met at Central Market", etc
* prevalence of morbid obesity,
* no profile description (or less than 5 letters),
* how many felt like they had to say they were not looking for a hookup [which was a fun stat to cross-reference with the single-parent thing],
* common photo cliches like finger-marker moustaches, at least one photo of her face totally whitewashed/overexposed, profiles where she is never in a photo without other girls in the same photo

And a zillion other metrics I can't remember right now. Plus some sh*t for my own use like what my swipe-right %, age, match %, breakdown between blonde/brunette/redhead right-swipe was.

It was staggering to see in full scale. I think I only evaluated the first 350 people because it was so cumbersome to keep populating. But at that time, like 1/9 girls I saw were single parents. 33%+ were fatter than chunky.

I had to stop logging it altogether.

Do you let the girls know you'll be tying them up in your basement, or no?
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
^^^ Lil creepy
Kinda like online dating...
haircut
AG
Hey Kitten, this is your thread from last August. Did you go through with the online dating process and have any luck?

If you're still single, I suppose we could both skip the online sites and just settle for each other.
Btron
AG
quote:
Be sure to post pictures of yourself like this one....

What a hitter!
HowdyOutbound
quote:
Hey Kitten, this is your thread from last August. Did you go through with the online dating process and have any luck?

If you're still single, I suppose we could both skip the online sites and just settle for each other.

Maybe on yall's date y'all could play Settlers of Catan.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:

How do you feel about pegging?
haircut
AG
Your going to have to educate me on pegging, but without knowing, I'm down for it
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
I'll let KWAW educate you on that one. Good luck to the two of you!
haircut
AG
This thing popped up on my Watchlist for some reason, so here is the update. I've queued up some womens and now it's time to start blasting out messages. I'm nervous, but **** it
Ag_EE
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.