Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

270,053 Views | 1894 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jagvocate
Ted Lasso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those are some beauts!

I know you are big into numismatics. I have 4 of the ms70 2021 Morgan silver dollar Carson City. Are those getting good money? Bought from the mint and had graded recently
maddiedou
AG
I dont do bullion so no clue but ms70 will always bring a premium

For instance the ASE i have no clue what a price is on them because first strike/early release/heraldic eagle/

I have never been able to actually know what a price because so many names on each coin.
jagvocate
AG
My first Britannia's
maddiedou
AG
How much did you pay per coin for those and from who

After I posted I looked at tex metals and they do have better prices or so what I looked at with the bullion I am selling
jagvocate
AG
SD Bullion. I paid $27.10 per coin including shipping, delivered to my door. I ordered less than 10 days ago, spot price was around $23.30
maddiedou
AG
Thanks Good buy and I am gonna have to talk to the seller and see what we can do to get rid of this stuff

I will get back with yall. Ted. I maybe getting back with everybody
Bocephus
AG
jagvocate said:

SD Bullion. I paid $27.10 per coin including shipping, delivered to my door. I ordered less than 10 days ago, spot price was around $23.30

That's a great price with shipping
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
fish_rich
AG
I was able pay about $3 over spot for the 2023 Britannias (Queen) today at the coin show in Conroe
jagvocate
AG
fish_rich said:

I was able pay about $3 over spot for the 2023 Britannias (Queen) today at the coin show in Conroe
I always factor in my time and gas on trying to save a buck. Usually turns out easier to buy online but I understand the fun of going to a show
jagvocate
AG
I've come around to free shipping on orders > $250 because they use US Mail ... it sits in my mailbox for a little bit if they deliver mid-day but I've seen fewer people messing with mailboxes in our area than porch pirates, so I think it's a better way to go.
Bocephus
AG
I only buy 10 coins at a time so I'm paying more for the coins. Always around $30-31 per
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Ted Lasso
AG
I use findbullionprices.com for lowest price at any given time. Most of the time I find that to either be sdbullion or monument metals. Sdbullion has always been quick to ship.

Use APMEX for Black Friday and cyber Monday deals. Almost always can get something for spot, kilo's will be $1.xx over spot, and some sovereigns will be $1.99 over spot. APMEX app exclusive deals so be sure to have the app
jagvocate
AG
I watch SD Bullion's "Doc's Deals" once or twice a week and pounce when they have a really good one. It takes patience but when they are good they are worth it. APMEX can only compare once or twice a year.

As I've said frequently I know there may be lower prices out there but the peace of mind and order execution is worth a lot to me. Factoring all that in keeps me going to SDBullion 9/10 of the time and APMEX 1/10z. If Miles Franklin had a website I'd give them more tries.
jagvocate
AG
Thread has been dead for over a week which usually indicates a sleepy period and good time to buy. We'll see--in the meantime, does anyone have experience with Glint (digital payment with converting US Dollars / UK Pounds to gold)?

https://glintpay.com/en_us/

maddiedou
AG
jagvocate said:

My first Britannia's

Do you want to buy anymore at 27.00
Aggiemike96
AG
jagvocate said:

indicates a sleepy period and good time to buy
I've been buying. On Friday we saw a dip, and that lingered into the weekend, so I snagged up some Perth coins from SilverGoldBull.
topher06
I don't think there is any problem with people posting desire to sell around the range those dealers will buy. Saves both sides some money and keeps it in-house.
jagvocate
AG
https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WP/Issues/2023/01/27/Gold-as-International-Reserves-A-Barbarous-Relic-No-More-528089?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

The IMF is setting the stage for gold to come out of the shadows in International Finance. Could be the reason that 2022 saw the most Central Bank gold purchasing in 50+ years ...

" ... active diversifiers into gold are exclusively emerging markets. We document two sets of factors contributing to this trend. First, gold appeals to central bank reserve managers as a safe haven in periods of economic, financial and geopolitical volatility, when the return on alternative financial assets is low. Second, the imposition of financial sanctions by the United States, United Kingdom, European Union and Japan, the main reserve-issuing economies, is associated with an increase in the share of central bank reserves held in the form of gold."

The US is going to force emerging markets into dropping US debt and buying gold. Hope ya have some!
suburban cowboy
AG
what are considered "good deals" over spot for:

gold?
&
silver?
Aggiemike96
AG
Just wanted to be the 1,000th post on this awesome thread.
Outdoorag011
Took a long break on buying anything. Was stacking some ammo and other outdoor necessities. Should be back to my normal buying this month.

Had a fun conversation with a guy on Monday who was sitting on the sidelines waiting for gold to be in the $1300-1500 range. He may be waiting a while.
Post removed:
by user
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Heres to four nines fine
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Outdoorag011
We need a cool design/logo for our page and stamp it on some bars
Aggiemike96
AG
PMs are in a free-fall today. Any insight into what is causing this?
Outdoorag011
Positive jobs report which may cause Fed to pause the hikes.
High Functioning Moron
Pause or escalate? I thought positive job numbers was an indication that inflation would not drop?
Outdoorag011
I don't think anyone knows for sure. The article I read suggested a pause.
Bocephus
AG
High Functioning Moron said:

Pause or escalate? I thought positive job numbers was an indication that inflation would not drop?

Positive job numbers SHOULD be an indicator that inflation will not go down
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
The Fed has recently been raising their rate targets 75 bps monthly, then over time slowed to just 25 bps which was announced this week, just two days before the jobs numbers were released. Well those jobs numbers proved that what the Fed has done so far really hasn't worked, and indicated that more drastic rate increases would be needed in the future after all. So thats why metals were down so much late into the week, and thats why the article you saw indicated rate increases were likely over (until that jobs report came put and destroyed that thinking). This is going to be a long and painful process, but near the end, metals will have their day.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jagvocate
AG
Good analysis on the facts as they currently are, the only problem is that Govt "jobs numbers"' are usually fraudulent and revised 2-3 quarters later. The Wall St. Premise is invalidated but inevitably they made money in the moment
Ted Lasso
AG
Been awhile since I've purchased platinum. Will be a buyer once I can get sov coins under $1k
jagvocate
AG
Just checking in with the other way to own physical precious metals … through mining shares. GDX, the VanEck Gold Miner ETF, is quietly up ~38% since late summer.

No one on Wall Street or Fin News is saying much about it, which means the smart money is still quietly accumulating.
jagvocate
AG
Also, some recently purchased generic 10 ouncers

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.