*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

27,020 Views | 330 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by LincolnBorglum79
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently the Mia, chiefs and Ravens games are all within 11 days. That's brutal.
Texan_Aggie
AG
We'll have the #1 seed locked up by then so we can rest our starters during that stretch.
JCA1
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

We'll have the #1 seed locked up by then so we can rest our starters during that stretch.

I like your attitude.
Max Power
AG
If this is true there are two separate and brutal three game stretches:

Week 9 @ Jets (TNF)
Week 10 v Lions (SNF)
Week 11 @ Dallas (MNF)

Week 15 v Dolphins
Week 16 @ Chiefs (Saturday)
Week 17 v Ravens (Xmas)
Texan_Aggie
AG

Ag_07
AG
No BYE until Week 14 is rough
LB12Diamond
AG
That is one crazy schedule.
Iowaggie
AG
Texans on Netflix

Buck Compton
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Thanks for the gift, NFL. That's brutal.

Need to win 6-7 in those first 9 games really. Back half of the schedule is just awful, especially the sprint to the end with a game on a freaking Wednesday.
Buck Compton
AG
Battle red vs. the Lions is going to be fun though. Their uniforms are awesome.
Jackal99
AG
My friend in Appleton confirmed he has his family's four season tickets for the Green Bay game. Just booked flights for my son and I. I was at the last Texans game in Green Bay - my son was 3 then and quite jealous he didn't get to go. He's had this one on his radar for several years, and is quite likely going to flip his lid when I tell him in the morning.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Tough schedule but there are some positives. Texans could
Go 10-3 or 9-4 with a 5-0 or 4-1 division record before the week 14 bye. The stretch run could include 3 division leaders And an eliminated Titans. With Miami and Balt at home the path to the 2 or 1 seed might be there. A 2 seed is a pretty good spot to make the conference title game with 2 home wins.
Buck Compton
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Tough schedule but there are some positives. Texans could
Go 10-3 or 9-4 with a 5-0 or 4-1 division record before the week 14 bye. The stretch run could include 3 division leaders And an eliminated Titans. With Miami and Balt at home the path to the 2 or 1 seed might be there. A 2 seed is a pretty good spot to make the conference title game with 2 home wins.
I'm looking at just hoping to maybe win the division again. I don't think a 1 seed is seriously even in play…

No room for error on that schedule. Can't ever assume 5-0 in division. Bills, Packers, Jets, Lions, Cowboys are all difficult games. Glad we get Minnesota and Chicago early. Jags and Colts will still be tough.

Then of course Dolphins, Chiefs, Ravens down the stretch. This team could be drastically improved over last year and still only have 8-10 wins again.
Ag_07
AG
I think the jury is still out the Bills. They've been gutted and I'm not sure Allen can do it all by himself.

Jags don't scare me either.
The Porkchop Express
Ag_07 said:

I think the jury is still out the Bills. They've been gutted and I'm not sure Allen can do it all by himself.

Jags don't scare me either.

Sunshine regressed in wins, completions, completion %, yards, TDs, threw more INTs, and got sacked more in 2023 than in 2022. You hate to see it

His QB class is looking like an all-time dud after 3 years: Him, Z Wilson, Lance, Justin Fields, Mac Jones all taken in the first 15 picks. Yikes.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
I am assuming improvements on both offense and defense over last year. Buffalo, New England, Jags and Titans and probably Baltimore declined in talent. Thats 7 games we should win or go 6-1. The 5 nfc games aren't easy but repeating the 3-2 record from last year looks very possible, A split with Indy should be enough to win the division and the games at KC, at Jets and hosting Miami will likely determine seeding which a 2 seed.

Arguably the 3 toughest games are all after the week 14 bye. Miami, KC and Baltimore in 11 days with 2 at home. If we get there at 9-4 or 10-3, we should be in great shape. This team should not be aiming for a 4 seed or wildcard. Getting a home game in the divisional round would be significant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.