*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

35,443 Views | 361 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Ags #1
Texan_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishAg said:

Texan_Aggie said:

I still don't understand why we have a need for a WR? I think Collins and Dell are your core, and you'll be able to get decent to good vets who want to come play with CJ.

Unless we don't feel good about resigning Collins, I don't think a young WR is a need. At the very least, WR is usually a 2-3 year payoff unless they're a JJ type.
Most of the reasoning I've heard from the Texan podcasts is that Diggs is old and only on a 1 year contract, so if the right person falls into our lap going ahead and getting someone to replace him. Makes sense since this is a really deep draft and there is a good chance to find quality starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think if it wasn't a deep draft at the position no one would be bringing it up.
Yes, but I think the more glaring need is CB and LB. Here are our CBs:

Derek Stingley (hasn't played a full season)
D'Angelo Ross
Troy Pride
Jeff Okudah
CJ Henderson
Des King
Mike Ford
Myle Brant
Kris Boyd

That is a ROUGH group on its face.
Ag_07
AG
I have no idea what to think.

On one hand he could stay put and still get some really good players but on the other he's got some pick equity to use to move around.

Lot of ways this could go tonight.
IrishAg
Texan_Aggie said:

IrishAg said:

Texan_Aggie said:

I still don't understand why we have a need for a WR? I think Collins and Dell are your core, and you'll be able to get decent to good vets who want to come play with CJ.

Unless we don't feel good about resigning Collins, I don't think a young WR is a need. At the very least, WR is usually a 2-3 year payoff unless they're a JJ type.
Most of the reasoning I've heard from the Texan podcasts is that Diggs is old and only on a 1 year contract, so if the right person falls into our lap going ahead and getting someone to replace him. Makes sense since this is a really deep draft and there is a good chance to find quality starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think if it wasn't a deep draft at the position no one would be bringing it up.
Yes, but I think the more glaring need is CB and LB. Here are our CBs:

Derek Stingley (hasn't played a full season)
D'Angelo Ross
Troy Pride
Jeff Okudah
CJ Henderson
Des King
Mike Ford
Myle Brant
Kris Boyd

That is a ROUGH group on its face.
Maybe, but if either Okudah or Henderson live up to their talent then we go to really good very quickly. With that said, I'm all about drafting a corner with our first pick. I really want DeJean not only because he would be a great corner, but also because we could move him to nickel or safety if one of the previously mentioned 2 hits for us.
canadiaggie
AG
Dejean or Kool-Aid would be plug and play opposite Sting. Make it happen Caserio!
Ryan34
AG
Our WR room:

Stefon Diggs
Nico Collins
Tank Dell
Noah Brown
John Metchie
Robert Woods
Xavier Hutchinson
Johnny Johnson
Steven Sims

Another WR makes no sense to me. They'd basically be adding a guy who at best would be the #4, and probably more like #5 or #6.

However, I do think they'll go after a smaller RB who could also potentially mix it up in the slot.
IrishAg
Ryan34 said:

Our WR room:

Stefon Diggs
Nico Collins
Tank Dell
Noah Brown
John Metchie
Robert Woods
Xavier Hutchinson
Johnny Johnson
Steven Sims

Another WR makes no sense to me. They'd basically be adding a guy who at best would be the #4, and probably more like #5 or #6.

However, I do think they'll go after a smaller RB who could also potentially mix it up in the slot.
I thought Woods was going to be cut at some point? I think it saves us 6 million this year. But yeah, I wouldn't be upset if someone we love drops into our lap.
Max Power
AG
IrishAg said:

Ryan34 said:

Agreed, I think we'd have to move up for Dejean. I think we'll see the Texans move around a lot though. We have 9 picks, but I doubt we have 9 roster spots. Whether it's for Dejean or in the 3rd-5th rounds, moving around for specific guys makes sense with our roster.
Yeah, I just don't see Caserio waiting for the picks to come to him today. I'm guessing we have a lot of activity,
Sounds like he was trying to move back into the first round yesterday but I'm guessing the price was too steep. DeJean is the dream to move up for but I'm concerned that Arizona is going to take him. We might be able to work a trade with New England.

Houston's picks:
2nd (42 & 59)
3rd (86)
4th (123 & 127)
6th (188 & 189)
7th (238 & 247)

New England's picks:
2nd (34)
3rd (68)
4th (103)
5th (137)
6th (180 & 193)
7th (231)

Possible scenario:
Houston gets: picks 34 and 68
New England gets 42, 59 and a 6th or future 5th.

Houston moves up 8 spots in the second round, New England upgrades their 3rd round pick into a second round pick and 6th as a kicker or maybe a future 5th from next year since we have two of those thanks to the Diggs trade. At least in my mind this makes sense.
IrishAg
Max Power said:

IrishAg said:

Ryan34 said:

Agreed, I think we'd have to move up for Dejean. I think we'll see the Texans move around a lot though. We have 9 picks, but I doubt we have 9 roster spots. Whether it's for Dejean or in the 3rd-5th rounds, moving around for specific guys makes sense with our roster.
Yeah, I just don't see Caserio waiting for the picks to come to him today. I'm guessing we have a lot of activity,
Sounds like he was trying to move back into the first round yesterday but I'm guessing the price was too steep. DeJean is the dream to move up for but I'm concerned that Arizona is going to take him. We might be able to work a trade with New England.

Houston's picks:
2nd (42 & 59)
3rd (86)
4th (123 & 127)
6th (188 & 189)
7th (238 & 247)

New England's picks:
2nd (34)
3rd (68)
4th (103)
5th (137)
6th (180 & 193)
7th (231)

Possible scenario:
Houston gets: picks 34 and 68
New England gets 42, 59 and a 6th or future 5th.

Houston moves up 8 spots in the second round, New England upgrades their 3rd round pick into a second round pick and 6th as a kicker or maybe a future 5th from next year since we have two of those thanks to the Diggs trade. At least in my mind this makes sense.
I don't think we have to do that much, I think we could potentially give up 42 and 123 for 34. The calculator has us as getting the better of the deal, but only by 5%.
Max Power
AG
Whatever gets us to 34 without overspending I'm all for. I just think the key to landing DeJean is staying in front of Arizona.
IrishAg
Missed this one last night, but it's gold

Varmint23
AG
Ryan34 said:

Our WR room:

Stefon Diggs
Nico Collins
Tank Dell
Noah Brown
John Metchie
Robert Woods
Xavier Hutchinson
Johnny Johnson
Steven Sims

Maybe someone like Ainias in the late rounds could fill this? He's listed as a RB/WR. Plus he's an Aggie.
Ryan34
AG
Varmint23 said:

Ryan34 said:

Our WR room:

Stefon Diggs
Nico Collins
Tank Dell
Noah Brown
John Metchie
Robert Woods
Xavier Hutchinson
Johnny Johnson
Steven Sims

Maybe someone like Ainias in the late rounds could fill this? He's listed as a RB/WR. Plus he's an Aggie.

He could be a fit, sure. There's quite a few guys out there though.
IrishAg
Damn, Orhorhoro is someone I really liked, but was hoping for him being there at the end of the 2nd or in the 3rd
Ryan34
AG
3 WRs so far. Should have some good options at 42.
Crispin Torque
These legends are doing way too much. Just announce the picks already.
djmeen95
AG
Crispin Torque said:

THIS
djmeen95
AG
F@ck Moon and the Titans.
maca1028
Amy Skrunk keeps trying to rub it in our faces
Ryan34
AG
Damn, Sweat was one of those NTs I was expecting to be there a lot later.
IrishAg
Wow, the titans took Sweat? You're taking an extremely overweight guy who makes bad life choices in the 2nd round? Good luck with that
maca1028
dixichkn
AG
Damn. Starting to look like either Edgerrin or Dejean is about to fall in our lap. I love this
MelvinUdall
IrishAg said:

Wow, the titans took Sweat? You're taking an extremely overweight guy who makes bad life choices in the 2nd round? Good luck with that

Eh…he was very productive in college…I would have been good with the Texans taking him.
dixichkn
AG
Crispin Torque said:

I cannot stand night 2 of the draft with all the damn guest pickers

"To announce the Philadelphia Eagles next pick in the 2024 NFL draft, we have a live talking cheesesteak sandwich. Take it away Cheesy!"
mAgnoliAg
AG
dixichkn
AG
Well damn. There goes Dejean

Maybe go Kool Aid if Saints take Edge?
Max Power
AG
Damn you Philly!
djmeen95
AG
dixichkn said:

Damn. Starting to look like either Edgerrin or Dejean is about to fall in our lap. I love this

Jinx
W
AG
is it going to be Cooper at #42?
mAgnoliAg
AG
**** again
txag614
Please pick Coop. Pass rush would be insane.
IrishAg
MelvinUdall said:

IrishAg said:

Eh…he was very productive in college…I would have been good with the Texans taking him.

I would have been fine in the 3rd or 4th, but someone who refuses to weigh in at the combine and then gets a DUI at 3 in the morning a couple of weeks before one of the biggest moments in his life is a hard pass in the 2nd.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Swear needs to lose weight to be successful in the NFL. Think we dodged a bullet there. Also, happy Titans are drafting bust prospects
BayAg_14
Not mad.
dixichkn
AG
MFer MFer MFer!!!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.