*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

32,509 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by JCA1
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Disappointed we didn't get DeJean but I don't hate the pick. I didn't know he gave up fewer TD's than he won national titles, that's a fun stat.
IrishAg
Kamari Lassiter is the pick, and we don't trade up. I like the pick but I wonder if we would have taken Kool-Aid if the Saints hadn't jumped us
JohnnyTexAg1995
DB was a HUGE need! I like the pick
MelvinUdall
IrishAg said:

MelvinUdall said:

IrishAg said:

Wow, the titans took Sweat? You're taking an extremely overweight guy who makes bad life choices in the 2nd round? Good luck with that

Eh…he was very productive in college…I would have been good with the Texans taking him.

I would have been fine in the 3rd or 4th, but someone who refuses to weigh in at the combine and then gets a DUI at 3 in the morning a couple of weeks before one of the biggest moments in his life is a hard pass in the 2nd.

Like I said, he was productive in college and I am sure the Titans or any team that drafted him, will work on his weight. There are a lot of players in the NFL that have been good players with history of making poor decisions.
dixichkn
AG
It's not an awful pick. The homer in me sure as hell wanted Edge though. I think the CB room is already solid if not spectacular
Pahdz
I won't ever get mad about taking defenders from Bama or Georgia

(Bama in the future TBd)
suburban cowboy
AG
Would have preferred us to get either Cooper.

A slow CB is a little concerning.
Ryan34
AG
dixichkn said:

It's not an awful pick. The homer in me sure as hell wanted Edge though. I think the CB room is already solid if not spectacular

I want Edge too but our CB room is very weak.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Is Cooper still on the board? Wouldn't surprise me if we trade up to get him
mAgnoliAg
AG
Demeco was really excited so that's good enough for me. I do also question if we had Dejean and Kool Aid ahead of him or not. If they preferred a nickel then it makes sense that Kamari was higher on their board but I thought we needed an outside guy more. Kamari doesn't have the athleticism to play outside.
3B Paul 97
AG
People get to hung up on straight line 40 times. It's also about football instincts and pad quickness.
dixichkn
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Demeco was really excited so that's good enough for me. I do also question if we had Dejean and Kool Aid ahead of him or not. If they preferred a nickel then it makes sense that Kamari was higher on their board but I thought we needed an outside guy more. Kamari doesn't have the athleticism to play outside.
If okudah can be coached up to his billing he can be a decent outside guy. Maybe.
djmeen95
AG
Edge to the Packers
W
AG
Cooper goes at #45 to Green Bay
The D
AG
Would have loved cooper
Ryan34
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

I'm not so sure about that. Richard Sherman wasn't a speed demon. Hell, Jaylon Jones started last year and Aggies constantly questioned his speed.
dixichkn
AG
Congrats to the Pack. You got yourself a steal

Glad he's in the NFC
Ag_07
AG
In Demeco I trust
Crispin Torque
I was rooting for Mike Sainristill, but Lassiter is cut from the same cloth. This will be our nickel corner. Great tackler.
Ryan34
AG
Crispin Torque said:

I was rooting for Mike Sainristill, but Lassiter is cut from the same cloth. This will be our nickel corner. Great tackler.

Lassiter has the length to play outside whereas Sainristill is purely a nickel.
Mr.Bond
AG
Corum at 59?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

3B Paul 97
AG
Doubt it. Focus on Defense. RB in 3-5 rounds
JohnnyTexAg1995
Dallas bringing out the wheelchairs so they hopefully don't get booed as much haha
mAgnoliAg
AG
Love Javon Bullard
IrishAg
Wow, we went OT? Note Dame Blake Fisher, didn't see that coming, but he's a good player
djmeen95
AG
Best available on our board kinda pick?!
Ryan34
AG
Never mind going OL. Surprised we did this early but we definitely need to improve there too.
Pahdz
Gotta protect CJ I don't hate it
Ryan34
AG
I'd love us to start getting aggressive and move up for a LB like Payton Wilson.
dixichkn
AG
I like it. I thought this was a position of need. I'm not as sold on our O line as a lot of y'all seem to be

Again…….protect the crown jewel

Here comes the Aggie homer again……..think there's a chance we would look at McKinley? A big widebody in the middle of that D line wouldn't disappoint me any
Ag_07
AG
Not sure I like this. Seems like a project OL
Ryan34
AG
We need a NT IMO so McKinley could definitely make sense at some point.
MaxPower
Definitely need a DT, S, WR and RB
canadiaggie
AG
Good pick. Protection for the franchise
Ryan34
AG
MaxPower said:

Definitely need a DT, S, WR and RB

LB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.