*****Aggies @ Alabama - Saturday*****

143,402 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Pony 07
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Runner at 3rd, no outs, two pop ups and batter that never swings. Tough one.
Randy Rhodes
Yes I don't understand why Schloss pinch hit for Sorrell using Binderup, but their has to be a reason
AggieBB
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

It's very hard to sweep anyone in the SEC but it's even harder to sweep someone on the road

We won the series and I'm happy
And even harder when you have a chance to tie it in the 9th and out of every option you send BB up there knowing damn well he's not going to get a hit. Mind boggling.
Killzone3abc
AG
I was on radio for Blake's AB. Anyone know why he got the nod to PH? Don't really love our available options I guess Targac still has that swing and miss in him, and Kent has struggled in SEC play. Maybe Kaufer to try and work a walk?

Edit: some of yall are being way to hard on Blake. He's still a fish. I'm sure he earned that chance in practice and it just didn't work out. No need to act like he's the worst player ever.
tjack16
AG
Not a fan of the decision to take out Sorrell there… but hey I'll take a series win on the road against a top 25 team
The Collective
AG
ChemEng94 said:

Schloss messed this game up big time. Should have pulled Kaiden, should not have pinch hit for Sorrell. All I can think is that he wanted to give some guys in high leverage situations a chance to step up, but everyone he put in failed big time.

I think this is it, and he got his answer.
aginlakeway
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

I won't second guess Schloss for pinch hitting--plenty of others will beat that horse to death, but I do question watching a slider down the heart of the plate with 2 strikes, and just jiggling your shoulder at it.

Yep. That's on the batter. And on Ali for fouling out with a runner on 3rd with no outs.
JDay
Very frustrating game. Bama got a ton of breaks and calls, but you have to get a run in from 3rd with no outs in that situation. Three terrible at bats.
dixichkn
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Sharpshooter said:

That pitcher at games end. Attitude after losing the series.
Hilarious.

"We just gave up 37 runs in a series and they beat us on our field, but look at me!" Lol
"Never been to Omaha and never going to Omaha, so ima just act a fool right here right now"

Tough one to swallow today but another series win on the road against a top 20. I'll take it
LB12Diamond
AG
Killzone3abc said:

I was on radio for Blake's AB. Anyone know why he got the nod to PH? Don't really love our available options I guess Targac still has that swing and miss in him, and Kent has struggled in SEC play. Maybe Kaufer to try and work a walk?

Apparently looking for a walk bc he never swung. I guess we were playing the bad odds with the bigger strike zone.
PhatMack19
AG
Road series wins are always great, but that's 2 road series we should have swept.

We have to quit using Asch in games we are up big. Flame away all y'all want, but it would have been nice to have him available for 4+ innings today.
trouble
AG
Welp. I'll take the series every time

See y'all Tuesday
TAMUallen
AG
AggieBB said:

Randy Rhodes said:

It's very hard to sweep anyone in the SEC but it's even harder to sweep someone on the road

And even harder when you have a chance to tie it in the 9th and out of every option you send BB up there knowing damn well he's not going to get a hit. Mind boggling.

I do agree with you for once. I don't get that.
AggieDub25
Randy Rhodes said:

Yes I don't understand why Schloss pinch hit for Sorrell using Binderup, but their has to be a reason

Probably because was lost at the plate thanks to the umps zone. He was arguing balls and strikes every at bat.
Aggies2009
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Road series wins are always great, but that's 2 road series we should have swept.

We have to quit using Asch in games we are up big. Flame away all y'all want, but it would have been nice to have him available for 4+ innings today.
Yeah. It's not like he'd have given up HRs in his appearance or anything.

Hungry Ojos
dixichkn said:

Aggies2009 said:

Sharpshooter said:

Hilarious.

"We just gave up 37 runs in a series and they beat us on our field, but look at me!" Lol
"Never been to Omaha and never going to Omaha, so ima just act a fool right here right now"

Tough one to swallow today but another series win on the road against a top 20. I'll take it

Has Bama really never been to Omaha????
sharpdressedman
Stuff happens. Good series win.
DartmouthAg
Can't watch a hanging slider for strike 3, and I didn't understand why Schloss kept Wilson in after getting in trouble. He pulled Peery with a 1-2 count but let out the leash for Wilson. Head scratching stuff.
cheeky
AG
That was a poor way to end the game. Lot of shrinking in the moment just like most of our bullpen today. Seems Schloss challenged the team without our best players in key situations. He won't forget who faded. This is a luxury of having one of the best teams in the country, as much as any loss stings.
CapCityAg89
AG
BohunkAg said:

Sharpshooter said:

He closed out the #1 team in the country in a 4 inning outing to salvage one win. I imagine it felt ok to him.

Yep. Gotta agree with this one.
aginlakeway
AG
AggieBB said:

Randy Rhodes said:

I serious doubt Schloss knew he wasn't going to get a hit. The batter should have swung at strike 3. And Ali should have had a better at bat. A lot of blame to go around when you don't score with a runner on 3rd and no outs.
AggieBB
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Would someone please explain to me why you pinch hit a .233 hitter for a STARTER hitting well over .300?

I absolutely HATE the idea of pinch hitters except for pitchers (if they bat), cases where a sacrifice will come into play, or to get a better bat up there.
A .230 hitter that has not hit sec pitching. Again, I love schloss but wtf??? Kent? Tar? Anybody else but BB!
TAMUallen
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

Yes, you'd think THERE is a reason but who knows

Only reason I see is a minor injury
BohunkAg
AG
aginlakeway said:

AgE2theBONE said:

I won't second guess Schloss for pinch hitting--plenty of others will beat that horse to death, but I do question watching a slider down the heart of the plate with 2 strikes, and just jiggling your shoulder at it.

Yep. That's on the batter. And on Ali for fouling out with a runner on 3rd with no outs.

Yeah shame on him for getting frozen on a nasty slider. And Ali not getting a clutch hit every single time
AggieBB
AG
aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

Randy Rhodes said:

I serious doubt Schloss knew he wasn't going to get a hit. The batter should have swung at strike 3. And Ali should have had a better at bat. A lot of blame to go around when you don't score with a runner on 3rd and no outs.
That's even worse if he didn't. Everybody else that has been paying attention knew. Based on what he's done, what gives anybody the impression that BB had a chance especially against this guy?
Aggies2009
AG
BohunkAg said:

aginlakeway said:

AgE2theBONE said:

Yeah shame on him for getting frozen on a nasty slider. And Ali not getting a clutch hit every single time
Didn't need a hit. Just a sac fly or groundout or something.
RGLAG85
AG
Would've loved to see a win there, but great series win for the Ags!

That's how baseball go.
SchizoAg
AG
gambochaman said:

SchizoAg said:

Good thing we've got Aschenbeck protecting these 6 and 7 run leads though
This was the one move i didnt like….should have saved him for today
How dare you? Staph can we get this guy banned for hate speech?
aginlakeway
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Should have swept? Disagree. A lot has to happen right to do that.

How many SEC teams have swept road series this year?
Killzone3abc
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Would someone please explain to me why you pinch hit a .233 hitter for a STARTER hitting well over .300?

I absolutely HATE the idea of pinch hitters except for pitchers (if they bat), cases where a sacrifice will come into play, or to get a better bat up there.

We get it you don't watch the games. Sorrell is not a .300 hitter right now. He's a .260s hitter right now. Only starter under .300 actually iirc.
dixichkn
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

dixichkn said:

Aggies2009 said:

Sharpshooter said:

Hilarious.

Has Bama really never been to Omaha????
I'm talking about this particular clown. No idea about the team's history
The Marksman
AG
It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how Schloss explains pulling Brock on what seemed to be an incredibly tight leash, leaving Wilson in too long even though he yanked Brock with a 1-2 count, and pinch-hitting for Sorrell. Still Schloss' #1 fan but have a hard time agreeing with some of the decision he made today.
Sean98
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

I mean he's hitting .265 not "well over .300" but I have the same question.
WT14
AG
Don't understand the Binderup PH, but oh well, another top 25 road series win!

We're still the number 1 team and people acting like we just got swept. I get being competitive but geez.
BohunkAg
AG
Aggies2009 said:

BohunkAg said:

aginlakeway said:

AgE2theBONE said:

Didn't need a hit. Just a sac fly or groundout or something.

It's baseball. And it's the bottom of the order.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.