*****Aggies @ Alabama - Saturday*****

143,476 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Pony 07
Agdad081216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Posing like an idiot.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
BadMoonRisin
AG
Well, ***** Losing sucks, but that's baseball.
powerbelly
AG
Sharpshooter said:

That pitcher at games end. Attitude after losing the series.
Unreal.
barstoolexpert
Tough ending but great weekend series
TAMUallen
AG
Lolol defeating a number one ranked team!!!

Dude, yall are at home and won one by 10-9 in the 9th
ChemEng94
AG
Schloss messed this game up big time. Should have pulled Kaiden, should not have pinch hit for Sorrell. All I can think is that he wanted to give some guys in high leverage situations a chance to step up, but everyone he put in failed big time.
Hungry Ojos
I'm not gonna second guess the best coach we've ever had on campus, but that pinch hit decision certainly didn't seem to make much sense.
Randy Rhodes
It's very hard to sweep anyone in the SEC but it's even harder to sweep someone on the road

We won the series and I'm happy
barstoolexpert
Ready for the next one
aginlakeway
AG
Aggies2009 said:

aginlakeway said:

Great series win. I'll take it.
On the road against a top 12 team who just beat Arkansas. I'll take it. Wanted a sweep, though that's hard to do against SEC opponents on the road.

Very hard.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Well shoot. Inning started so well. Just couldn't plate the run. Keep stacking series wins.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Sharpshooter said:

He'll be home on the couch watching our boys play later this summer.
Dallasag517
AG
as bizarre as that last inning was.....we went on the road and took the series. mission accomplished. let's get ready for the next series. we're ok.
Aggies2009
AG
Sharpshooter said:

Hilarious.

"We just gave up 37 runs in a series and they beat us on our field, but look at me!" Lol
SchizoAg
AG
Good thing we've got Aschenbeck protecting these 6 and 7 run leads though
Muy
AG
Another great series win no matter what, and we still got 9 runs so the bats are still hot.
aggiewilliford
I would play that punk ass pitchers pose in hoover if we see those yahoos again.
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Pumpkinhead
AG
Although a sweep would have been nice, great series win by the team. Both Tenn and Arky lost @Bama. The Tide have been tough at home. Ags will still be #1 in the country for another week.
BLSmith04
AG
Just like 2 weeks ago against SCar, I'm super glad that we won the series. But it sucks losing the last game by one run. A game we totally could've won. Even though it was a successful weekend, I'm still leaving it with a bad taste in my mouth.
BohunkAg
AG
Sharpshooter said:

He closed out the #1 team in the country in a 4 inning outing to salvage one win. I imagine it felt ok to him.
AggieDub25
ChemEng94 said:

Schloss messed this game up big time. Should have pulled Kaiden, should not have pinch hit for Sorrell. All I can think is that he wanted to give some guys in high leverage situations a chance to step up, but everyone he put in failed big time.

Kaiden pitched well. He should have put up a 0 that inning. His situation was terrible luck.
jkag89
Disappointing not to get the sweep but I'm never going to complain about a SEC series win on the road against a ranked opponent.

See y'all Tuesday!

Alex580
AG
Targo may have struck out in that spot too but I know hes going to get the bat off his shoulder and hes a senior in a clutch spot
Eike Mlko
Just needed a fly ball to tie and our guys watching pitches go by.
Ags77
AG
Great opportunity but wrong guys up. Still , nice road series win.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Would someone please explain to me why you pinch hit a .233 hitter for a STARTER hitting well over .300?

I absolutely HATE the idea of pinch hitters except for pitchers (if they bat), cases where a sacrifice will come into play, or to get a better bat up there.
The Marksman
AG
Man that pinch-hitting for Sorrell is mind-boggling. Guy played the best baseball of his college career yesterday and you take the bat out of his hands and send him to the dugout...
gambochaman
AG
SchizoAg said:

Good thing we've got Aschenbeck protecting these 6 and 7 run leads though

This was the one move i didnt like….should have saved him for today
powerbelly
AG
Has Cortez done enough get a Sunday start soon?
AgE2theBONE
AG
I won't second guess Schloss for pinch hitting--plenty of others will beat that horse to death, but I do question watching a slider down the heart of the plate with 2 strikes, and just jiggling your shoulder at it.
fightintxag13
AG
ChemEng94 said:

I wouldn't say he messed it up "big time." I think he was doing exactly what you suggested. It's just that none of those decisions paid off.
Muy
AG
Their closer is solid.
TAMUallen
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Sharpshooter said:

Hilarious.

"We just gave up 37 runs in a series and they beat us on our field, but look at me!" Lol

I mean gotta live it up while you have your 5 seconds before the sec+ stream cuts it all
ClassOf17
Pitcher got out of it after having first and third with no outs. Celebrate all you want. Tough break not getting him in from third.

Good series win Ags.
Stone44
AG
The Gumps acted like they won the college World Series. They knew who the best team is. Get ready for next weekend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.