sip recruits sitting on LHN studio

26,043 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by dermdoc
TD95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"to prove it exists" = WIN

"<Forget> Martha Stewart. Martha's polishing the brass on the titanic. <Shoot> man, It's all going down."

Cardboardboxer
Cardboardboxer
Hwy30East
If they are not using the LHN as a recruiting tool, then why bring the recruits in to show them the set?????????????????
MasonStorm
Studio is on campus and used academically by the Journalism/and college of communications. No different than visiting a class room. This thread and responses are beyond pathetic.
Morpholino
AG
quote:
Studio is on campus and used academically by the Journalism/and college of communications. No different than visiting a class room.

Fellas, it's all good, the recruits were there studying. No worries.[/sarcasm]
OTredux
no more a violation than if we took recruits to visit a flagship radio station.

Simply touring a media outlet.

SmittyAg08
AG
But wait I thought it wasn't affiliated with the university?
FWHORN
Wait, so let me get this straight, Texas is using every advantage it has to try and get recruits, man that cant be right. I mean no way would any other school in their right mind highlight such things.
psychotiger
What ever happened to 12th Man Productions that Byrne bragged so much about? Aggie recruits could be shown that facility. It's not a violation to show them the facility. It would be a violation to broadcast them using the facility. The pic is obviously nothing more than a phone pic. Your slips are showing.

Outboard personnel, Stand Up!

[This message has been edited by psychotiger (edited 12/11/2011 9:40a).]
gsliva
Luckily only a few people are watching. The problem is when it goes out to everyone and ESPN capitalizes on this. That's the problem. ESPN is losing money big time. Most Longhorns I know are upset because they can't watch the game now.
AgRob
how many other departments or schools did the recruits visit on this "tour"? We're to believe that the tour included the "journalism department (LHN)" becuase you're trying to get recruits to become journalists? What did that have to do with wearing the helmet and surrounded by the other recruits?

You can try to spin it and skirt the NCAA laws anyway you want, but the truth is those recruits were taken to the LHN studio to put the idea in their heads about being featured on ESPN through the LHN.

It's so blatantly obvious what it is, to call it anything else you would have to be a liar, or a retard.
bqaggie86
Would someone please post the NCAA rule(s) that is(are) being violated?
psychotiger
"Would someone please post the NCAA rule(s) that is(are) being violated?"

They can't because there isn't one. They took them to the studio during the end-of-season banquet activities. That's all. Yes they were hoping to impress them. It's a lot less fishy than the annual 7-on-7 tournament at anm with only ag coaches having access to all those players. It's so blatantly obvious what it is, to call it anything else you would have to be a liar, or a retard.

[This message has been edited by psychotiger (edited 12/11/2011 10:43a).]
Ansel
Somebody posted this on sipfans.com

This is really starting to chap my hide! That's Mario Edwards, Jr., sitting there in the middle doing the hook 'em sign.

[This message has been edited by Ansel (edited 12/11/2011 10:46a).]
Ansel
quote:
You can try to spin it and skirt the NCAA laws anyway you want, but the truth is those recruits were taken to the LHN studio to put the idea in their heads about being featured on ESPN through the LHN.

Which doesn't even make sense because you would think these recruits want maximum exposure, not to be put on some podunk channel that has 17 viewers!

Ha ha!
Wall St. Ag
AG
the NCAA will turn a blind eye to this... they always do. It's not the first time OR the last time the sips and ESPN will test the gray area of NCAA regs. Just wait until Mickey, Minnie, Goofey and Donald all show up from Disney to welcome these guys... then it will be real interesting. Kids are selling out, it's just a fact of society - he who owns the gold makes the rules. sips own the gold right now...
withoutatrout
What do you think matters MORE than puu$$$y itself to an 18 or 19 yr old HS football player?

Having his damn face on a camera for all the world to see. I guarantee every single one of those kids is so raging rock right now that desk they're standing behind isn't even standing on it's own legs.

The sips are exploiting the shallow weaknesses of HS kids to get what they want, just like they have with everything else.

That's why WE'RE ****ING OUTTA HERE!

****ing sips.
JyTexas185
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's sad that you are trying to say it's not jealousy. I can't tell if it's because you're ashamed of yourself and are trying to hide it, or because you truly are that naive.
SmittyAg08
AG
quote:
It's a lot less fishy than the annual 7-on-7 tournament at anm with only ag coaches having access to all those players.

You are literally too stupid to function. A&M coaches are strictly forbidden to be at any of the games that are held on campus. They cannot interact with any of the participants while they are on campus...so go back to your circle jerk of a forum and ***** about not being able to see your team's games on your network, but how its totally awesome.
JarHead17
So ESiPN is directly recruiting for tu. This just validates the move to the SEC. Good bye and good riddance.

psychotiger
"You are literally too stupid to function. A&M coaches are strictly forbidden to be at any of the games that are held on campus. They cannot interact with any of the participants while they are on campus...so go back to your circle jerk of a forum and ***** about not being able to see your team's games on your network, but how its totally awesome."

Whatever dude. If you were on my drop zone, I would own your ag a$$. Having been to the tournament, anm coaches are very visible and do interact with the HS coaches. The kids get to see your facilities without making an official or unofficial visit...on second thought that may work against you. Why aren't your recruits taken by the 12th Man Studio? Bill Byrne said it and the Aggie Network was prepped:

"When we built the 12th Man Productions facilities, our plan was all along to eventually put together an Aggie Network," Byrne wrote a year ago. "We are better positioned than any other conference school to do it."
http://www.chron.com/sports/solomon/article/Solomon-A-amp-M-move-flies-in-face-of-reason-2143552.php

ntxVol
I find it interesting that so many are apathetic to this situation. I seems obvious to me the NCAA needs to declare LHN a booster for tu athletics.
Jackie Chiles
AG
The jealously/envy on this thread is hilarious.

If A&M had a network we would do the same thing.
Quit crying.

AGinHI
AG
quote:
What do you think matters MORE than puu$$$y itself to an 18 or 19 yr old HS football player?

Having his damn face on a camera for all the world to see. I guarantee every single one of those kids is so raging rock right now that desk they're standing behind isn't even standing on it's own legs.

The sips are exploiting the shallow weaknesses of HS kids to get what they want, just like they have with everything else.

That's why WE'RE ****ING OUTTA HERE!

Yep. That was our concern and that is why we left.
AgResearch
AG
Want to make a TV network not matter in recruiting battles?

Win games and titles.

(or pay recruits like everyone else)
SmittyAg08
AG
quote:
Whatever dude. If you were on my drop zone, I would own your ag a$$.

lol. this isn't CoD...but whatever thanks for your mercy.

quote:
Having been to the tournament, anm coaches are very visible and do interact with the HS coaches.

When did I say anything about interacting with coaches? And really? You want to get into a "its not fair holding high school events at A&M's campus" debate? Forget the fact UIL is under the UT system and how many state championships are held on UT's campus.
Uma
Am I missing something? The cameras aren't on. Recruits are hanging out in a room and one has a helmet on.
Sublette County
AG
FWHORN, I don't think anyone is blaming you guys for using something legal to your advantage. What people are saying is that it shouldn't be legal. ESPN is a booster now.
ntxVol
Those recruits are hanging out in an ESPN studio.

Does anyone and everyone have the same access?

[This message has been edited by ntxVOL (edited 12/11/2011 12:45p).]
Aggie517
The problem is just because we're in the SEC doesn't mean it's not our problem. We still recruit against them regardless of what conference we're in. Because we ran to the SEC doesn't mean we ran away from any recruiting advantage the LHN brings tu.
GovAg
quote:
Wait, so let me get this straight, Texas is using every advantage it has to try and get recruits, man that cant be right. I mean no way would any other school in their right mind highlight such things.

I think another school has tried this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=3289808
agdad70_03
AG
Here are a few of my ideas on the subject. (My ideas don't mean a whole lot in the big scheme of things.)

1. Much of the discussion about the LHN has been around ESPN overpaying for the rights. It seems like someone could make the case that the difference in the actual value of the deal between ESPN / tu and the payment could be construed as an imputed donation. Thus, ESPN could be considered as a quasi booster of the sips.

2. Any actions that do not fit into something fitting a relationship similar to a blind trust are highly suspect.

3. If the only intent was a business relationship between the two, there should be no non-business interaction. Actions of tu and ESPN so far appear to be much more than a purely business relationship. Having recruits at the LHN studio seems like a non-business interaction.
rjamizon
who is the midget in red 2nd from the right
KyleField07
Just glad we're gone... Let the Sooners, Bears, and Pokes deal with them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.