***2016 AL East***

13,431 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by corleoneAg99
Say Chowdah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sox are playing inconsistent ball right now. When they hit, they don't pitch. When they pitch well, they aren't hitting. They left so many runners on last night against the frigging Braves!

Still pulled out a 1-0 win on a solo HR. That isn't going to do it against good teams!
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox take game one against the Evil Empire!

Papi with the late game blast to put the good guys in the lead!
Sapper Redux
Great sweep
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox take 2 of 3 from the chisox.

Interesting tidbit. Yesterday was the first time in MLB history that 4 first place teams played in the same city!

Boston v. Chisox
Nats v. Cubs

There are only two cities with two baseball teams, NYC and Chicago. The odds of both of them being in first place at the same time aren't very good based on history.

I guess you could add Los Angeles but the Angels are technically in Anaheim. And don't call Oakland and San Francisco the same city in either city.
corleoneAg99
AG
Gausman was great last night!!!! And Tillman has been good Tillman.
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox lose a frustrating game!!!!

Papi up with the bases loaded and 1 out in the top of the ninth and he's rung up on TWO consecutive balls that were called for strikes?!?!

Sox left 13 runners on so it isn't just one at bat but that was frigging painful to watch. The first missed call was ball 4 and would have tied the game. Ortiz was almost tossed but was rescued by Farrell who got tossed instead. Then he he was rung up on another low and outside pitch. Neither were really close according to pitch cam. Papi was tossed after the second miss that also should have been ball 4!
PatAg
AG
Wow, those were some of the worst strike calls I have ever seen. Not even close. Might need to look into that umpire, definitely suspend him
PatAg
AG
quote:
Wow, those were some of the worst strike calls I have ever seen. Not even close. Might need to look into that umpire, definitely suspend him
even ignoring pitch cam, to the naked eye, they started low and broke even lower.

Not a Sox or Yankees fan.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:

Need the see if he's - all of a sudden - debt free!!!
txjortsagent
AG
Just watched the strike calls on papi. Unbelievably bad. If the league suspends papi or the manager, I'll be pissed.
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox put it on the A's last night!

Buchholz gets the "win" even though he pitched like garbage... again...

Funny thing is Buchholz was lifted in the 5th. When he was interviewed, he thought he got pulled because he was being traded. Oh how I wish that were true! Hopefully he's seen his last start in a Red Sox uniform.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
Just watched the strike calls on papi. Unbelievably bad. If the league suspends papi or the manager, I'll be pissed.
While this I don't want this to come across as harping on this incident, I watch the Sox on NESN feeds. Last night the Sox color commentator, Jerry Remy, offered his take on the incident - which I thought was interesting enough to share.

He said that when he was playing (Remy), umpires would visit each dugout before the game to talk with the players and manager. One game during his playing days he had an incident where Remy was angry over a check swing called a third strike. He "had some words he couldn't repeat on air" with the 3rd base ump who called the check swing a swing (Remy was a left handed hitter).

Before the next game the ump came to him and said something to the effect that "we're going to get you today!" Remy dragged a bunt. The ump told him "here's the good news, the ball was foul. The bad news is that you were out of the batters box when you hit it, so you are out!"

He said that Papi's strike three call was the umpire getting even for the outburst over the strike two call. They showed a replay when Papi got run and the umpire had a smirk on his face (the umps mask was off and it was pretty obvious the ump knew Ortiz wasn't going to remain cool after the strike two call). Remy said that the umpire made it personal, which was common, when he was playing but not as common in today's game because of replay and the fact that umpires are regularly reviewed. He used this incident to illustrate that it still happens as the call and ejection was clearly personal in nature rather than just a bad call.
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox have really poured it on of late!

They are first in the AL in runs, average, doubles, triples, RBIs and OPS! They also have the best defense in the AL! If the pitching continues to improve, I see shiny rings this year!!!

They also smoked the A's again tonight
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox added ANOTHER 13 runs tonight!

This 3 game sweep: 40 runs, 48 hits and 8 home runs! Wow!
Say Chowdah
AG
Yesterday's Sox/Astros game was really awesome.

Ortiz continues to tell Father Time "this is our effing game! And we not going to let anyone dictate our retirement terms!"

He was missing one hit for the cycle. And as ironic as this is, he was missing a SINGLE! That's right, he hit a triple in the bottom of the 9th to force extra innings.

Then he hit a walk off double to become only the 3rd player in MLB history with over 500 hr's and at least 600 doubles!

He (and the sideline reporter who's dress is now ruined) was showered with some disgusting blue drink and was asked if he'd consider one moe year? He replied (after laughing and sheepishly shaking his head) "let's concentrate on winning the World Series this year, ok?"

I frigging love that guy!
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox beat the Astros 10 - 9 to take the series. They go 6-1 in the home stand.

Kimbrel closes it out in his first save opportunity in 11 days!
corleoneAg99
AG
O's lose but no worry. Bautista gets the punch to the jaw he's been asking for. And it was glorious.
Gil Renard
AG
Jays. Worst pen in MLB.
BMoreBirds
The Bautista punch was literally the greatest thing in baseball in the last 2 years. I would have tweeted him about it, but he blocked me during the O'Day incident.
Say Chowdah
AG
Jackie Bradley Jr just hit a solo HR in game 2 of a double header.

That is 24 consecutive games with a hit!
Say Chowdah
AG
JBJ hits a solo shot in the second to go to 25 straight games with a hit!

Guy is on fiyah!
corleoneAg99
AG
Trumbomb's everywhere. He's usually a first half guy but still one of the more unheralded off season moves of the year so far.
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox tune up the Tribe 9 - 0! Joe Kelly had a no-no through 6.1. JBJ extended his hitting streak to 26 and Betts hit 2 hrs, including a grand slam!

That was a fun game!
Sapper Redux
Pitching is still a little inconsistent for my tastes. But the bats are really smoking. It's amazing how little attention fans pay to MLB coaches and how much of an impact they can have on a lineup. Just compare last season's hitting to this season's for the Sox.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
Trumbomb's everywhere. He's usually a first half guy but still one of the more unheralded off season moves of the year so far.

Hell yeah! His pharmacologist is worth every dollar he's getting!
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

Hell yeah! His pharmacologist is worth every dollar he's getting!

Whatever it takes to keep up with Papi.
Say Chowdah
AG
Mookie Betts was given the night off. Farrell puts JBJ in the lead off spot. JBJ's streak ends.

Even in the best of times Farrell can piss me off.

JBJ has been killing it in the 8 and 9 spot. Whenever he's been moved up he's gone ice cold and then shipped to Pawtucket. How many times does Farrell need to try JBJ in the lead off to learn that it doesn't work for him.

AND (this is important), YOU DON'T MESS WITH A STREAK!
Say Chowdah
AG
Mookie Betts hits 3 home runs tonight and makes a great diving catch!

Meanwhile Xander Bogarts extends his hitting streak to 24.

Sox are now 3 games ahead of the O's!
toucan82
I think it's safe to say Betts is having a pretty good couple of games.

2 more HRs so far today
corleoneAg99
AG
Yeah this is painful to watch. Pitching just getting mauled. Sox lineup is insane right now.
toucan82
Certainly not a pitchers' duel
Say Chowdah
AG
I'm ready to concede this one. Burning up the bullpen doesn't help.

But the o's can't burn up theirs either so this could end up a 30 total run game before the night's over.
TXAggie2011
AG
For some reason, I just find it hard to believe Clay Buchholz is already 31. Seems like just yesterday that he was a young gun prospect.

Anyways, not exactly a shining follow-up bullpen performance for him.

Gotta be a rough feeling that $13 million club option slip away.
corleoneAg99
AG
Ubaldo gonna Ubaldo.

F me.
corleoneAg99
AG
I'll take the split. Bombs galore.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.