***2016 AL East***

13,322 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by corleoneAg99
SapperAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It hasn't been started yet and today is opening day.

My predictions for the season:

1. Blue Jays
2. Sox
3. The Fighting A-Roids
4. Orioles
5. Rays

Once again, the Sox' season depends on starting pitching.
Token
AG
Every year you clowns discount the Yankees, they surprise. This year will be no different. Go yanks!
corleoneAg99
AG
O's lineup should be fine although they will K a ton. Bullpen is ok but the tire fire that is the rotation could really make them work a lot early in the season.

If Gausman and Tillman aren't good this team will be struggling to get to .500. Those guys perform and they'll surprise.

LeonardSkinner
It'll be a dogfight, but the Jays seem to have the best group for now.

I'll be distracted for the first month, I'm coaching my middle school baseball team. 13-3 win to start the season.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
Every year you clowns discount the Yankees, they surprise. This year will be no different. Go yanks!

So one and done Wildcard games are your standard for "surprise" now? Boy, that payroll is really coming through.
Say Chowdah
AG
Papi hit another opening day dinger as the Sox start the season in quality fashion. That was number 5 in a Sox uniform. This ties him with Dwight Evans for most opening day home runs and one behind Yaz.

Interesting to note, Dewey hit a home run on the first pitch of the game in the first scheduled MLB game in 1986. That makes it the earliest home run in MLB history. A record that can only be tied, but never broken.
Gil Renard
AG
This new Nancy rule aka chase utley rule just cost the Jays a game vs the Rays. What a joke.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
This new Nancy rule aka chase utley rule just cost the Jays a game vs the Rays. What a joke.

Bautista reaching out and grabbing Forsythe's ankle (completely unnecessarily) cost the Jays the game. FIFY.
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

Bautista reaching out and grabbing Forsythe's ankle (completely unnecessarily) cost the Jays the game. FIFY.
LeonardSkinner
The only thing the Utley rule might have done is allow the play to be reviewed.
Token
AG
Yanks win 2 of 3 against Houston
Gil Renard
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Still a stupid rule. And and Joey didn't need to do that of course. But there will be more like this. There's worse that hasn't been called. It determined the outcome of a game. I dont think it's a good way to determine a game.
Gil Renard
AG
Series with BOS. Since its Price in April/Regular season I'm sure he'll **** down my Jays. If only it was a playoff game
LeonardSkinner
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Still a stupid rule. And and Joey didn't need to do that of course. But there will be more like this. There's worse that hasn't been called. It determined the outcome of a game. I dont think it's a good way to determine a game.

I agree that it's a horrible way to determine the outcome of a game.

You are referring to interfering with a player, thereby allowing two runs to score, right?
SapperAg
AG
So far, so good. The bats are working.
corleoneAg99
AG
Os are 5-0...best start since 1970!
Gil Renard
AG
They're good. This division is such a grind like the SEC west
corleoneAg99
AG
Crushbomb breaks the tie. Nice little start boys!
corleoneAg99
AG
7-0 with a Trumbomb! This is fun!

corleoneAg99
AG
Let's get back on track Os. I am in the building!
corleoneAg99
AG
Trumbombs everywhere!!!
BMoreBirds
I dont get to go to a game this year. Live in Allen.
corleoneAg99
AG
No excuse. I live in McKinney and have been the past two nights my dude!
LeonardSkinner
T&P for Token, he's starting to catch up to the rest of us old farts. Happy Birthday, buddy.
Say Chowdah
AG
As a tidbit:

We've taken in a Red Sox intern for the summer. He is going to be on the Sea Dogs staff doing scouting. Should be cool to hear some inside info (assuming he can/will share).
SapperAg
AG
You live up in Portland?
Say Chowdah
AG
Yes and no.

My house is in South Portland and my wife and daughter are living in it. But I am temporarily working in Baltimore.

I am moving home, full time, this summer.
SapperAg
AG
Awesome town. My wife is from outside of Waterville, Maine.
Say Chowdah
AG
Outside of Waterville? Skowhegan? Madison? Norridgewock?
SapperAg
AG
A very rural area between Clinton and Burnham.
Gil Renard
AG
So much bad blood between the O's and Jays. Looking forward to the bench clearing drama
Say Chowdah
AG
I know the season is still very young, but I'm finding Farrell's replacement right now if I'm Dombrowski. And I'm not waiting until the end of the season to make the change. I'd let Farrell continue as a bullpen advisor. But he cannot be the manager.

Yes, he won a ring. But, 1 ring and 2 last place finishes means I'm not going to wait around to validate either scenario considering this season's start vs expectations.
SapperAg
AG
And he won the ring in his first season with Francona's team. I'm not impressed. It's too bad, I was very excited to land him.
corleoneAg99
AG
2 of 3 over Jays which is good because now they get KC who pretty much owns them. Still, good start for the birds considering the rotation is awful.
Rusty Aha
AG
Archer shuts out the O's.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.