Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who's still wearing cargo shorts?

20,519 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Red Skye
TAMU74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wear 'em at the links...and out to dinner...and Aggie games.
That is all.
SquirrellyDan
AG
quote:
quote:
Don't forget the Jersey. One must wear cargo shorts with their Number 2 (or 12) Jersey.

My Jtrain Jersey w army green cargos & airmaxs

Gotta sag dem britches
chipotle
quote:
quote:
I don't even know why we bother Lat, more chicks for you and me.
Champ at Aggie games

The "oops i forgot my pants and socks" look?
AgEng06
AG
"Look at that f****t in the cargo shorts" - said no one ever.

Not so much with the other "outfits" posted in this thread. Also, if your clothes can be considered an outfit, there's a problem.
TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:
quote:
Here's what those researchers wear:

***k'em

He looks successful. What is your point?
Dude looks like a lady. Cargo shorts may not be the best look ever but I still prefer it over what this guy is wearing.
TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

***k'em

He looks successful. What is your point?

He looks gay to me

Who are mostly successful.
At what complaining about how they are not being treated fairly?
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Cargo shorts are the shorts I have.

They still fit, have no tears, holes, or stains.

It would be stupid to get rid of them and buy something else just because they're "out of style". They're frikkin' shorts! When I care what I look like, I wear slacks and a tie. If my legs are showing, that is de-facto evidence that I don't really give a damn what anyone else thinks about how I look. Just to annoy my kids, I may start wearing dark socks with sandals and buy a pair of plaid shorts.

Do they make plaid cargo shorts? That would be ideal for major annoyance of people who care what other people look like.

add: AND YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
saw em off
I think we're all focusing on the wrong type of shorts.

wesag
AG
quote:
I still wear cargos. I'm 36 years old, have a wife who doesn't care what I wear. We have 2 kids, cargos are the only thing where I can carry their drinks, my beer, sunblock, snacks and the freebies outside of Kyle. I don't give an f what other dudes wear and I don't give an f if they don't like what I wear.

I bet she cares, but is completely beaten down.
94 Killer
AG
At a party last weekend with a bunch of old Soldiers and Marines. Plenty 'o cargos. We didn't really care. God help those who do.
roberthead76
I'm the 13% yelling at my kids in public. More pockets more places to carry **** that's not mine.
chipotle
my wife bought me a pair of cargo shorts for father's day. I laughed a little. Not because I care about cargo shorts but because of the small gay minority dedicated to villainize shorts and pockets for some stupid reason.
Rick Flex
AG
For those who still wear cargo shorts:

http://www.volcom.com/333310.html

Volcom hybrid shorts. The most comfortable yet "modern" looking shorts your can buy. Also you can practically go swimming in these things, and they'll be dry within 30 minutes.

You're welcome.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Cargo shorts are the shorts I have.

They still fit, have no tears, holes, or stains.

It would be stupid to get rid of them and buy something else just because they're "out of style". They're frikkin' shorts! When I care what I look like, I wear slacks and a tie. If my legs are showing, that is de-facto evidence that I don't really give a damn what anyone else thinks about how I look. Just to annoy my kids, I may start wearing dark socks with sandals and buy a pair of plaid shorts.

Do they make plaid cargo shorts? That would be ideal for major annoyance of people who care what other people look like.

add: AND YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Your handle is definitely warranted
West-0-ag
Successful?.... Successfully taking his daddy issues out on adults who wear cargo shorts. Because daddy had cargo shorts and daddy didn't love him.

Go on opera and whine with the wrest of the cry baby's it's not cargos ur mad at its your daddy issues
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Successful?.... Successfully taking his daddy issues out on adults who wear cargo shorts. Because daddy had cargo shorts and daddy didn't love him.

Go on opera and whine with the wrest of the cry baby's it's not cargos ur mad at its your daddy issues

I think you are projecting here. And I think it is Oprah. Sucks that you spell as ****ty as you dress.
Ginormus Ag
AG
quote:
For those who still wear cargo shorts:

http://www.volcom.com/333310.html

Volcom hybrid shorts. The most comfortable yet "modern" looking shorts your can buy. Also you can practically go swimming in these things, and they'll be dry within 30 minutes.

You're welcome.

$55 for a pair of shorts! I can buy at least 3 pairs of cargo shorts for that, carry at least 6 beers in them and still have my hands free.

No thank you sir!
whitebread_1
AG
In general I agree that cargo shorts don't look very good. However, I still have a pair that are camo and are perfect for 2 reasons.
1. I have 2 kids and a wife and when going to the zoo, games, park, wherever, I can put things in my pockets and not have to carry a freaking backpack for soppy cups and all the other stuff kids sometimes want to stuff in your pockets.
2. I lift weights and specifically squat heavy on a regular basis and therefore my ass and legs don't fit in most shorts. Most of you young boys in college have no ass or strength because it's become fashionable to be skinny. Women like someone who is strong and carries themselves in that way because ultimately they want a man that can protect them. Oh and by the way I'm not a fat ass. I'm 6'1 195 lbs and have a 32 inch waist. Unless shorts have stretch to them they typically don't fit.
Sex Panther
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
The luxury of hitting 40 is I am socially allowed to start not giving a flying F about your opinion.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
In general I agree that cargo shorts don't look very good. However, I still have a pair that are camo and are perfect for 2 reasons.
1. I have 2 kids and a wife and when going to the zoo, games, park, wherever, I can put things in my pockets and not have to carry a freaking backpack for soppy cups and all the other stuff kids sometimes want to stuff in your pockets.
2. I lift weights and specifically squat heavy on a regular basis and therefore my ass and legs don't fit in most shorts. Most of you young boys in college have no ass or strength because it's become fashionable to be skinny. Women like someone who is strong and carries themselves in that way because ultimately they want a man that can protect them. Oh and by the way I'm not a fat ass. I'm 6'1 195 lbs and have a 32 inch waist. Unless shorts have stretch to them they typically don't fit.

I know a guy named HossAg that would love to meet you....
MouthBQ98
AG
Also, I lived through the 80's once already. I am not going through that lame ass style resurrection again.
Aggielandma12
AG
Baller. Hold your beer, balls and divot tool in your pockets while you tee off.

FishingAggie
Texags cargo short forum

Where alpha male vs beta male metro dressing tips continue.

Sum this up.... Some guys wear and like cargos. Some do not. Those wearing are judged to be some sort of fashion loser but they don't care.

Solution. Quit all this bs thread talk.

Y'all should all meet in front of the rec center two hours before ucla kickoff. If you're man enough to take off the offenders cargos you win. If not stfu.
Hoss
AG
quote:

***k'em

If the alternative to cargo shorts is either jorts or that gay looking metrosexual "outfit" above then I'm choosing cargos every time. And I don't really care what people think about it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Texags cargo short forum

Where alpha male vs beta male metro dressing tips continue.

Sum this up.... Some guys wear and like cargos. Some do not. Those wearing are judged to be some sort of fashion loser but they don't care.

Solution. Quit all this bs thread talk.

Y'all should all meet in front of the rec center two hours before ucla kickoff. If you're man enough to take off the offenders cargos you win. If not stfu.

So in your world, I'm gay unless I meet up to take off another dude's shorts?
Deadwood
AG
I'm wearing mine now. And I don't think showing up to have some dude try to take off your shorts makes you a man, sorry.
Wahoo82
AG
Guilty as charged - AND I buy them at Sam's.
FishingAggie
Texags is where people post things they would never say to someone's face. Where the nerds get to be tough guys. Same guys all the time. Sad really.

Gets old.

My point was if you don't like cargos enough to have three pages of posts, walk up and tell the man he looks like a dork to his face. Don't be scared. There lies the problem. Lol.

texags =insecure posters. Always the same damn people.

Deadwood. You are exactly right. You're secure and don't need anyone's approval. That's my point.

I can't believe I let this place draw me in. I'm going to throw myself down a flight of stairs after lunch as punishment.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Texags is where people post things they would never say to someone's face. Where the nerds get to be tough guys. Same guys all the time. Sad really.

Gets old.

My point was if you don't like cargos enough to have three pages of posts, walk up and tell the man he looks like a dork to his face. Don't be scared. There lies the problem. Lol.

texags =insecure posters. Always the same damn people.

Deadwood. You are exactly right. You're secure and don't need anyone's approval. That's my point.

I can't believe I let this place draw me in. I'm going to throw myself down a flight of stairs after lunch as punishment.
You are the biggest tough guy on this board, as evidenced by any Rojo thread.

I don't like bananas. Does that mean if I don't go up to every person I see in my life and tell them I don't like them eating bananas, that means I'm insecure? Your logic is faulty at best, moronic at worst. In fact, if you need to tell people that you don't like something to their face in order to prove how manly you are, I would have to say that YOU are the insecure one.

acephotographer
I am in the 11% that cargos are acceptable as they are connected with our profession according to this chart.

They help carry the metric ton of batteries and other crap we have to schlep around with.That being said, the ones that don't look like that are cut off army rejects and are more like hiking shorts with extra pockets are more my pref.
Change Detection
AG
Do the ladies of Texags get together and ***** about each others attire....seriously? After years of discussion on this, why do people care. Why is this still a topic?

Oh in regard to the fanny pack...No, got this instead....worked well. Lots of "hey I want one of those" from guys doing bag checks at gates and a couple of times just walking around.

Chuckwaggie
AG
I have a prediction. More of you dudes will be wearing cargo shorts as much or more to games this year than you ever have. Reason being, the ladies you are with(the ones who do focus on fashion and we love them for it) will not enjoy having all of their crap on display in those see-through bags and will be having you carry all their crap as they walk in empty-handed.

Buy up stock in cargo shorts.
Change Detection
AG
Maxpedition Backpack
up-n-aTm
AG
quote:
Maxpedition Backpack
Gee- I don't know. Is there something a little bigger? I feel like my coffeemaker won't fit in this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.