Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Briles is gone

18,536 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Citizen Reign
ce1994
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No way Herman is coming to Baylor. Houston can actually pay more money.

Herman is waiting on the TExas job to open up.
MrPlow2010
AG
They were just forced into a corner. They had to.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Kirk Herbstreit just said he has never been disrespected more in his adult life than he was last year at a Baylor practice. He said he team loved the bad boy attitude. The strength coach was calling him out in front of players because he said tcu was better. Baylor sucks all around

Dang. And that dude got death threats from osu fans.
crunchyo
quote:
quote:
In steps Tom Herman....

Are you serious?

Why would Herman waste his time on little old Baylor when he might be able to choose between the two big Texas schools in a year or two?
Yeah...that's a lateral move.
LSB_2002
AG
Shock in awe!!!!

I cant believe they dropped their nut sack on Briles! He's a giant POS and is well deserving of his termination!

Can't wait to hear what all my Baylol friends have to say.................
htownag10
AG
SouthTex99
AG
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
They are to be fully applauded and supported. Today Baylor stood up and showed value.

They've had quite a while to show honor.

Today they showed pragmatism
Cancelled
AG
quote:
quote:
Think what you want ETFan. You can be as clever as you like. But Baylor today stood taller than A&M ever has.
Oh no you didn't just say that....

I love it. The school covers up rape to win football games, they get exposed and only then do something about it...and they are heroes.

**** that ****.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
Think what you want ETFan. You can be as clever as you like. But Baylor today stood taller than A&M ever has.

you are wrong, respectfully.

quote:
Among Texas universities, A&M has been applauded for its work at curbing sexual violence. NASA commended the university in 2014, saying A&M was "leading the way in efforts to inform its academic community about their rights under Title IX and to engage them in efforts to address sexual harassment and violence." In a recent nationwide survey of students at major universities, A&M had below-average reports of sexual assault and above-average student confidence in how the university handles such cases.

there is even a federal investigation on whether A&M is too hardlined in its approach to sexual assault cases

Texas Tribune article

bottom line, Baylor turned it's back on these women. They are just now trying to repair the damage only after social media outrage

swc93
AG
Reiterating the "no one cares about Baylor; because...Baylor"...was reading some of the comments on the ESPN story about the firing and there was more than a handful of "Briles is fired? Why was he fired? I hadn't heard anything." posts.
ce1994
AG
Check or arrest record men. Check the number of times we have been on probation. Look up the number of posters on this site that are now saying to start cheating again,

Baylor caught magic in a bottle. Now they are Baylor again. And they did it by choice. They could have covered this up. Instead, they are cleaning house.
ce1994
AG
Dave, I will look into what you posted.
MrPlow2010
AG
They did cover it up. They did it for years.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
Why are people shocked about this? Baylor just told the country "There is more to life than winning football games". And if they go 0-12 next year I applaud them. Hell, I am buying one of their hats right now on amazon.
Funny think about us Christians. We may be slow to find the right path. But we find it. And we are not forced to to do it.

EFFING LOL.

Perfect.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
no.

they stood around for months, years even, with their thumbs up their asses hoping it would blow over. while more students were assaulted.

they should not be applauded. they should not be admired.

htownag10
AG
Someone in this thread sure does wish they went to Baylor. Have a major Baylor hard on.
Born Maroon
AG
quote:
Why are people shocked about this? Baylor just told the country "There is more to life than winning football games". And if they go 0-12 next year I applaud them. Hell, I am buying one of their hats right now on amazon.
Funny think about us Christians. We may be slow to find the right path. But we find it. And we are not forced to to do it.
ironmanag
AG
quote:
They are to be fully applauded and supported. Today Baylor stood up and showed value.

BS baylor did this because they had no choice. If they really had integrity they would have done this months ago.

They only did this because they were given no choice.
TyHolden
AG
quote:
No way Herman is coming to Baylor. Houston can actually pay more money.

Herman is waiting on the TExas job to open up.
i'm betting morris or montgomery if they make a change right now
AggieHaylea13
AG
quote:
LOLWUT?
Rossticus
I think that Hermann will listen if

1.) They over pay.

2.) Buyout structure is extremely favorable to him.

3.) NCAA doesn't get involved.

Like it or not, Baylor gets more coverage and has been able to recruit better athletes the last several years. I could see him signing a 3 year deal and bolting after 2 when either Chuckles or Summy hit the bricks. Neither job will be available till after 2017 season anyway.
NakedEdwin
AG
I'm actually surprised. Which is sad. Drew should be next.
ce1994
AG
Months ago or today? What is the difference when it comes to next year and then beyond?

Ok, hate on others all you want. But Baylor just fired the most successful football coach they have ever had or might probably ever will have. And it was the right thing. This would have blown over. Hell, we are about to elect a president that should be in jail. Just wait out the news cycle and it will go away.

Baylor did the right thing.
htownag10
AG
quote:
So there we go texags staff. Personal attacks are now coming. Bans anyone?
You have to post the signal in the sky like batman.
aggieaviator
AG
A strong message had to be sent. I hope it reverberates across all of college sports that this culture will not be tolerated.
Rossticus
quote:
quote:

BS baylor did this because they had no choice. If they really had integrity they would have done this months ago.

They only did this because they were given no choice.

This was a combination of two things. Starr trying to save his own ass and Baylol trying to preempt any NCAA involvement. Sanctions of any substance would kill them.
MrPlow2010
AG
No one is saying it isn't the right thing to do. They did have done it a long time ago. They covered it up for years and fired him now because they had to.
ce1994
AG
Baylor is not about to rejoin the bottom of the football standings. They could have circled the wagons. Many programs have and it has helped recruiting.
TV Casualty
AG
quote:
Check or arrest record men. Check the number of times we have been on probation. Look up the number of posters on this site that are now saying to start cheating again,

Baylor caught magic in a bottle. Now they are Baylor again. And they did it by choice. They could have covered this up. Instead, they are cleaning house.

They wouldn't have done anything if the heat wasn't starting to get turned up on them. Baylor acted just like every other university does during a scandal. They hoped that it would blow over first and then when it didn't they did the only thing that was left to do which was fire the leadership.

They did try to cover it up. They basically forced a girl to transfer after she made rape allegations against a football player.

With most other football scadals the cover ups usually involve the payment of players. This is much worse since they did nothing to protect their own students from rapists. For you to equate the payment of players with rape is absolutely absurd.

My only conclusion is that you are trolling or that you identify strongly as a Baptist and therefore have some sort of affinity for Baylor.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh no you didn't just say that....

I love it. The school covers up rape to win football games, they get exposed and only then do something about it...and they are heroes.

**** that ****.

Seriously have thing really gotten so bad that institutions deserve praise for doing the right thing? That's a bare minimum requirement of Being a decent human being.

By that logic I deserve Founder's box tickets because I haven't raped, murdered, or worn burnt orange in my lifetime. Well Jason Cook?! Where's my tickets?!
Dave Robicheaux
AG
Nm
Frisco - Ag
ce1994
AG
No, come to find out Joe Paterno knew what was going on for years and did nothing. That is what I am talking about. Baylor could have ridden this out. They chose not to.
MrPlow2010
AG
I bet they leaked the Ken Starr did a few days ago to see public reaction. After they realized that wasn't enough they decided to do this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.