Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny was Indicted

40,145 Views | 201 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Tag
ScoutBanderaAg956
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, I didn't realize we had so many PERFECT ANGELS among the Aggie Faithful. Perfect enough to judge and throw rocks at another Aggie with nothing more than the media reports ... No facts, no insight, no visibility, no discussion with the man himself, and certainly never having walked in his shoes.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
JFF wins the Heisman for our school and himself but never will he reach the John David Crow Level nor a statue at Kyle Field! He is a person who was a great football player and allowed his off field life destroy his career! Really, I am tired of hearing about Johnny and really have lost all interest in the guy! JFF is an embarrassment to our school.

He is not an embarrassment to our school...not at all in fact...he is, however, an embarrassment to himself and his family name. All the stupid **** he does has nothing to do with A&M...N O T H I N G! Stop listening to tea sips who might tell you otherwise...or BASers

No ****. Then remind them that they can't claim the same about Vince bc their school had to create a job for his dumb broke ass.
Tramp78
AG
quote:
Wow, I didn't realize we had so many PERFECT ANGELS among the Aggie Faithful. Perfect enough to judge and throw rocks at another Aggie with nothing more than the media reports ... No facts, no insight, no visibility, no discussion with the man himself, and certainly never having walked in his shoes.
'media reports' don't result in an indictment.

'media reports' don't get you fired from your team despite having a years guaranteed salary left on your contract

'media reports' don't cost you two agents in two months

'media reports' don't cost you every endorsement deal you have

'media reports' don't get you arrested as a college freshman

'media reports' don't result in a suspension for selling autographs while in college

you can't blame the media.
raydaddy
AG
Well folks.... It doesn't matter much what WE ALL THINK. Whether Johnny is "guilty" or "getting what he deserves" or not doesn't really matter much. The fact is that we are watching a fellow Aggie in a really bad life situation. I by no means apologize for his actions but excuse me if I don't celebrate his current unfortunate situation. I'm not saying you shouldn't be (or can't be) disappointed. Just be reasonable.

I have a son that has struggled with sobriety for nearly eight years. During his struggles, he survived a horrific automobile wreck and was seriously injured. After recovering from the wreck, he then had numerous run-in's with the long arm of the law. He eventually spent time in prison and it damn near broke my heart. He had no idea of the impact his choices/sobriety was taking on his life at the time and was absolutely clueless of his affect on everyone else. I THANK GOD everyday my son SURVIVED and has been living clean for almost a year. He says that with every passing day gets easier for him. May we as fellow Aggies unite in hoping and praying that Jonathan Manziel finds his way please? Whether we EVER see him win a football game again or not isn't really up to us. We all watched him win on the field (He can play ball)....I want him to win in the game of life too.

Gig'em
Raydaddy
95_Aggie
AG
C'mon raydaddy ... you know everyone on TexAgs is without sin.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:

You sure? Collectively, we have a lot of experience at it.
Pure Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

'media reports' don't get you fired from your team despite having a years guaranteed salary left on your contract

'media reports' don't result in a suspension for selling autographs while in college

sounds like tramp would throw gasoline on an Aggie if he was on fire.
greg.w.h
AG
quote:
quote:

For your reading enjoyment:

As Barry Popik explains, Sol Wachtler, the former chief judge of New York state, coined the term in a January 1985 interview with the New York Daily News' Marcia Kramer and Frank Lombardi. The relevant bit:
quote:
In a bid to make prosecutors more accountable for their actions, Chief Judge Sol Wachtler has proposed that the state scrap the grand jury system of bringing criminal indictments.

Wachtler, who became the state's top judge earlier this month, said district attorneys now have so much influence on grand juries that "by and large" they could get them to "indict a ham sandwich."
cf: http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_valley/2014/11/25/sol_wachtler_the_judge_who_coined_indict_a_ham_sandwich_was_himself_indicted.html

To conclude: if your standard for eliminating people from meaningful commerce in society is being indicted, you risk a situation where one party or one group of people use the judicial process to politically punish others. There is no particular reason to claim that either the evidence that the prosecutor presented to the grand jury or the bill of indictment itself is proof of guilt. What is almost certain is that he will spend roughly six figures defending himself regardless of the strength of the evidence against him.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
The poor lad has done nothing wrong.
He's neither of the bolding things.

And he has done everything wrong with respect to his career and his representation of TAMU.
rainbow_aggie
Love me sum Johnny! A boy can dream!
oysterbayAG
AG
" The boy who is going to make a great man must not make up his mind merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand repulses and defeats " - - - - - TR
dirty dan
quote:
quote:
His style of QB-ing never works in the NFL; he was never going to succeed in that league. But the Canadian Football League missed out on an exciting player for sure.

Fran Tarkenton would respectfully disagree with you.
Fran Tarkenton wouldn't have been impressive against the NFL defenses of today.
Tramp78
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

For your reading enjoyment:

As Barry Popik explains, Sol Wachtler, the former chief judge of New York state, coined the term in a January 1985 interview with the New York Daily News' Marcia Kramer and Frank Lombardi. The relevant bit:
quote:
In a bid to make prosecutors more accountable for their actions, Chief Judge Sol Wachtler has proposed that the state scrap the grand jury system of bringing criminal indictments.

Wachtler, who became the state's top judge earlier this month, said district attorneys now have so much influence on grand juries that "by and large" they could get them to "indict a ham sandwich."
cf: http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_valley/2014/11/25/sol_wachtler_the_judge_who_coined_indict_a_ham_sandwich_was_himself_indicted.html

To conclude: if your standard for eliminating people from meaningful commerce in society is being indicted, you risk a situation where one party or one group of people use the judicial process to politically punish others. There is no particular reason to claim that either the evidence that the prosecutor presented to the grand jury or the bill of indictment itself is proof of guilt. What is almost certain is that he will spend roughly six figures defending himself regardless of the strength of the evidence against him.

My father, Old Army '52, is a retired State Judge. My mother used to serve on Grand Juries. While that jam sandwich line is very popular, especially with people who love ham, reality is Grand Juries actually are just judging if there is probable cause to bring charges. They normally see themselves as the last guardian of the citizen from an out of control DA. They also don't like wasting tax money having a trial that the State probably can't win.

Does any of this make Johnny guilty? Not in the least.
brotheraggie
Manizel has enough money to buy his way out of this ordeal.
TyHolden
AG
Johnny's lead attorney is dArnell - the former defensive-less coordinator during the Fran days??? wtf johnny???

Squadron7
AG
quote:
I guess he won't be telling her a 3rd time...

Ba-dump bump.
Olsen
AG
Bond set at $1,500 for JFF
Ag Tag
Y'all should all stop and think about all of the former, current, and future players who have never be indicted. Did y'all ever think about that?
ntxVol

quote:
What is almost certain is that he will spend roughly six figures defending himself regardless of the strength of the evidence against him.

Six figures seems kinda steep for a misdemeanor to me. The way he's burning through money he would come out ahead by spending a few months in the county jail.

JMO
oysterbayAG
AG
Wow ! The Bond was set at $ 1,500. This must be the Case of the Century !
Squadron7
AG
quote:

Nobody thinks he is Al Capone. We're just afraid he is replacing Ryan Leaf in the Wouda Coulda Shoulda Sweepstakes.
Yell Practice
Hate to hear that about Johnny.
PA24
AG
JFF would have to put up 10% or $150.

What a freaking joke of a case, you idiots that slammed JF can kiss his ass. He refuses to disrespect this girl after all she has done to him, once this is over, JF can go on with his life with or without the NFL....our loss not getting to watch him play.
PA24
AG
When did a NFL QB not party?

Hide it and all is cool

New PC generation sucks
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
quote:

Nobody thinks he is Al Capone. We're just afraid he is replacing Ryan Leaf in the Wouda Coulda Shoulda Sweepstakes.
Already has.
aggie_fan13
AG
how long til the manziel apologists give up on manziel ?
oysterbayAG
AG
THE COMEBACK IS GOING TO BE QUITE A SPECTICLE !!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
THE COMEBACK IS GOING TO BE QUITE A SPECTICLE !!

I've got my VCR set.
zephyr88
AG
quote:

Hide it and all is cool

New PC generation sucks
Agree - new PC generation sucks...

But I can assure you that "Jonathan Paul" has no intention of hiding it.
JodyMcD96
AG
quote:
Well folks.... It doesn't matter much what WE ALL THINK. Whether Johnny is "guilty" or "getting what he deserves" or not doesn't really matter much. The fact is that we are watching a fellow Aggie in a really bad life situation. I by no means apologize for his actions but excuse me if I don't celebrate his current unfortunate situation. I'm not saying you shouldn't be (or can't be) disappointed. Just be reasonable.

I have a son that has struggled with sobriety for nearly eight years. During his struggles, he survived a horrific automobile wreck and was seriously injured. After recovering from the wreck, he then had numerous run-in's with the long arm of the law. He eventually spent time in prison and it damn near broke my heart. He had no idea of the impact his choices/sobriety was taking on his life at the time and was absolutely clueless of his affect on everyone else. I THANK GOD everyday my son SURVIVED and has been living clean for almost a year. He says that with every passing day gets easier for him. May we as fellow Aggies unite in hoping and praying that Jonathan Manziel finds his way please? Whether we EVER see him win a football game again or not isn't really up to us. We all watched him win on the field (He can play ball)....I want him to win in the game of life too.

Gig'em
Raydaddy

"I've seen 'em win, I've seen 'em lose, but I've never seen 'em quit."

I won't quit pulling for him to succeed.
oysterbayAG
AG
Mike Pettine, Johnny's Head Coach a few days ago : " Outside of that one day that was documented, when he came in in the morning and was removed from the quarterbacks meeting---Was it a concussion ? Was he hung over ? What was it ? I can't recall one day when it was like he was just mailing it in on a bender. That wasn't the case. He came to work especially in year 2 " This checks with the documented comments by Johnny's assistant coaches and teammates throughout his 2 years with Cleveland. Most of the critical sports reporting is greatly exaggerated and inaccurate and social media is just all junk !
superunknown
AG
Eh, Ryan Leaf was the #2 pick. That's way bigger than the #23 pick being a washout.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

Hide it and all is cool

New PC generation sucks

From a physiological standpoint, you can't hide the level of partying he was (or is) doing. There are various rumors of him missing team functions or treatments because he was drinking or too hungover to arrive on time, and those recent pictures of him at Coachella are alarming (he looks noticeably aged and all-around worse than he did a year ago). His problems are bigger than Instagram.
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
quote:
Prosecutors and Manziel's attorneys have not discussed a deal to end the case before trial, Hinton said, adding that he would pursue a dismissal and did not foresee any agreement in which Manziel would plead guilty.

Hinton is a friend of Dallas County District Attorney Susan Hawk, who has spoken publicly about her own struggles with substance abuse after she took an extended leave of absence last year to enter rehab.

"They want to do the right thing," Hinton said of prosecutors.
USA Today

Guess this means we won't get to see the video from the hotel?
rainbow_aggie
Hang in there John John!!!!

Thinking about you boy!!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.