Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny was Indicted

40,164 Views | 201 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Tag
FtBendTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
He's the Amy Winehouse of football

Nah. Amy Winehouse made it big. This dudes a wannabe poser star.
revolutionAG
quote:
quote:
So it's a maximum punishment of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine?
For this kid, the fine is nothing... he probably has $4k in dollar bills in the glove box...

He needs to spend a few nights in the Tarrant County Hilton. Not enough to martyr him, just enough to wake him up. He'll be a high profile "guest", so there won't be any jail-love.
would be terrible to hear about some sort of violence against him.
libertyag
AG
The boy is a sick, self-destructive ****** with an entitlement mindset. I would guess it is much more likely that he will be dead before he is ever being rehabbed. Some people are beyond help and I fear he is one of them. Though I figured he would be one of many Heisman QB's who would do nothing in the NFL, it is sad to see his life being wasted.
Clown Question
quote:
Im far from a johnny apologist, but an indictment does not equal a guily verdict and this is a misdemeanor with he said/she said evidence with evidence that apparently refutes some of the "she said" side.

Very unlikely Johnny does any jail time over this.

His NFL career is over, but that was already happening no matter what the grand jury came up with.
This. The cops would have outright charged him if it was a strong case. He is a **** up but his NFL career was dead. This stuff really doesn't matter.
Dr. Teeth
AG
quote:
I bet he beats it.

I see what you did there.

A+
Tramp78
AG
Whoa wait, I've seen this movie. He goes to jail in some dusty backwater Texas prison where the guards are real jerks. But the prison warden has this annual football game between the prisoners and the guards. Manziel teams up with a cocky street wise convict and they pull together a team of convicts to play a football game against the guards. Not bad flick. It's been done twice but it is due for a remake.
LoneStarAg10
AG
quote:
Whoa wait, I've seen this movie. He goes to jail in some dusty backwater Texas prison where the guards are real jerks. But the prison warden has this annual football game between the prisoners and the guards. Manziel teams up with a cocky street wise convict and they pull together a team of convicts to play a football game against the guards. Not bad flick. It's been done twice but it is due for a remake.
BeastmodeAg
AG
I'm sure my co-workers will be in a rush to tell me how much of a failure he is. I still support him and always will.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Why is this surprising??
txaggieacct85
AG
This leaves a stain on his A&M legacy.
aggie_fan13
AG
I definitely think he will end up dead soon unfortunately
oysterbayAG
AG
" It ain't over till it's over "- - - - Yogi Berra
aggie_fan13
AG
lol is that what you're worrying about right now ? His a&m legacy ?
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
The boy is a sick, self-destructive ****** with an entitlement mindset. I would guess it is much more likely that he will be dead before he is ever being rehabbed. Some people are beyond help and I fear he is one of them. Though I figured he would be one of many Heisman QB's who would do nothing in the NFL, it is sad to see his life being wasted.

Let's assume for a second he didn't hit his ex. If true, why is he wasting his life? Because he didn't live it according to your narrative?

If he hit her, he should serve whatever sentence the judge decides. But outside of that, he's dome nothing wrong and he hasn't "wasted" his life because he didn't live up to your fantasy.
gopgabe
AG
I don't think I've ever seen a larger instance of wasted potential.
P.C. Principal
quote:
Manziel is essentially a Kardashian at this point. Time to put a lot of distance between us and him.
He's more of a Simpson than a Kardashian.
DenverAg91
AG
Again, people are missing the point here.

An indictment is a totally different thing from a guilty conviction. The standard is much lower to receive an indictment (probable cause and only 9/12 have to agree)

Additionally, the GJ is a one sided affair where only the prosecution can show their side and Johnny gets no defense.

We often cast stones at celebrities and give them the guilty until proven innocent treatment, but I know for a fact if anyone here was accused of a crime, they would not want to be treated as guilty before their legal process played out.
P.C. Principal
As the saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich.

Yes, you're right. Any celebrity accused of X is guilty in the eyes of the public. Sucks for them, honestly.

I think Johnny is guilty. And I hate to say that. I really do.
Burnsey
AG
quote:

Ryan Leaf wants a quick word with you.
Philo B 93
When do we re-crown Bucky as GOAT?

Just kidding. I'm still pulling for Johnny. I hope he makes something of himself, if not a pro QB.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Johnny Jailbird
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:
Manziel is essentially a Kardashian at this point. Time to put a lot of distance between us and him.
He's more of a Simpson than a Kardashian.

I'm assuming you mean Bart Simpson.
gopgabe
AG
quote:
quote:

Leaf didn't win a Heisman. Leaf also played for more than 2 seasons, I think.

Oh well, at least we can watch Evans become a HOFer.

Billy Bean
quote:
quote:
He's the Amy Winehouse of football

Nah. Amy Winehouse made it big. This dudes a wannabe poser star.
FCBlitz
Hoping for a quick trial and some and some jail time.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Im far from a johnny apologist, but an indictment does not equal a guily verdict and this is a misdemeanor with he said/she said evidence with evidence that apparently refutes some of the "she said" side.

Very unlikely Johnny does any jail time over this.

His NFL career is over, but that was already happening no matter what the grand jury came up with.
Shooz in Katy
AG
quote:

Uh, how about hoping for a fair trial and that justice prevails?
Ghost91
From 'Johnny Football' to 'Johnny Better Call Saul'.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Uh, how about hoping for a fair trial and that justice prevails?

And that can't be jail time
oysterbayAG
AG
I think the Plea Deal has already been made. Probably probation or community service. The DA would be stupid to waste the taxpayers money on this case.
45-70Ag
AG
The only people who would view it as a waste are probably Aggies. Not saying that's wrong, but I'd be willing to bet a majority want to see an athlete put on trial.
coupland boy
AG
The poor lad has done nothing wrong.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:

yup, Ryan Leaf is a close second.
Tom Hagen
AG
JFF is just another ham sandwich. A good attorney won't have a problem getting an acquital.
BMX Bandit
Cass Elliott would have loved her some Johnny Manziel

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.