Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Rojo has Ag tag... Looch knows who it is....

29,971 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by pootiessock
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgEng06
AG
quote:
OMG LOoch is here! TO THE TREES!!!!
more evidence as to why chipotle is one of the best posters on this site...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Mike Elko
AG
Appreciate the info., Looch.
The Debt
hunter2012
AG
quote:

FIFY
aggiehawg
AG
The normal "sources" are on lock down and a strictly a need-to-know basis, I would presume. Kind of how Sumlin prefers to roll.

Not that surprising that the average murmurings or rumblings would be squelched and that Looch isn't hearing much at the moment.

Do hope a final resolution is reached sooner, rather than later because of the recruiting issues. Our recruiting competitors are in some form of disarray at the moment and there's some opportunity there, methinks.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
He finally spoke! What do we do now?!

Follow Texags protocol. Quote whatever liucci said, then post something along the lines of "thanks looch, appreciate your hard work" along with a thumbs up emoticon.
StartSpeedy
Sources
SlackerAg
AG
Looch is handling it the right way. Being first to report is not the end goal, but accuracy & integrity is. We've seen other TOS sites whiff on their accuracy, trying to be TMZ. TexAgs offers a lot more than just "breaking" news -- there are interviews, analysis, highlights, X' & O's. Plus, those Rojo threads are actually entertaining.

It's possible Rojo's just guessing a plausible scenario. Last year, he predicted Foster & then changed when the "Curly Shuffle" switched to Chavis.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:

There it is.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Looch is handling it the right way. Being first to report is not the end goal, but accuracy & integrity is. We've seen other TOS sites whiff on their accuracy, trying to be TMZ. TexAgs offers a lot more than just "breaking" news -- there are interviews, analysis, highlights, X' & O's. Plus, those Rojo threads are actually entertaining.

It's possible Rojo's just guessing a plausible scenario. Last year, he predicted Foster & then changed when the "Curly Shuffle" switched to Chavis.

Hey look a poster with stars is defending Looch from the zoo.

AG
quote:

And we now know that Foster WAS very close to signing with us when Chavis reached out to Sumlin and changed things.

He's not that good a guesser. C'mon.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

At the end of the day, these coaches have families and other considerations than just a bigger paycheck at a bigger program. And it comes down to where their heart is. That was the difference with Foster. He may have wanted to take the job with us for many reasons, but ultimately stayed where his heart and his family's hearts were.

It isn't an easy decision to reach, I would imagine, and these coaches need a bit of time to make them. How long does a suitor wait for that decision? That's always the sticky wicket.

Chavis could have left Sumlin at the altar, so to speak. Glad he didn't, but Sumlin waited on him for awhile.
Sex Panther
AG
45-70Ag
AG
I don't want to eat a dog turd, help a brother out
ktweaverbird
quote:
He finally spoke! What do we owe now?!

FIFY
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Start with hamster or rabbit pellets, and get your palate adjusted. Oh and start with the Cipro right away to keep the infection from getting too bad.
Boomsy
AG
Could Rojo be the pool boy?
chipotle
quote:

Oh don't worry, you won't do it regardless.
shotcaller1
AG
quote:

How's his **** taste?
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh don't worry, you won't do it regardless.

Don't tell everyone
aTm2004
AG
quote:
He finally spoke! What do we do now?!

Make sure you're not banned.
84HartAg
AG
Spurrier was still the coach when I sprung for tickets to the SC game this year. I was very disappointed that I didn't get to see him on the sidelines for that game. However,,,,, you're saying there's a chance I still might get to see old ball coach on the sidelines of Kyle Field? Cool!

I would be shocked, but pleased.

Here's what I don't get, but maybe this could be part of the draw for someone like a Spurrier to surface as an OC in a place like TAMU:
How does a coach like Sumlin do so well at Houston and comes to A&M only to see his best season so far be the one that he pretty much inherited the team he fielded? And Tom Herman, at Houston has worked his way into the top15 in the nation. It's Cougar Hight for gosh sakes! But I would say Tom Herman will get a big time coaching job somewhere, just like Sumlin did, becuase of their success,,,,, at Cougar High!

Would it matter who we have at HC, OC, DC? What is it about A&M that even when the current coaches have recruited their butts off and the best we get in year 4 (the tell-tale year for a new coach they say) is 8-4? Granted we didn't lose to any full blown slouches,,,, Auburn in my opinion was the worst loss, and Arkansas and Miss St were our best wins even though Arkansas was more about getting lucky that acutally beating a good team. Ags' improved defense held most teams to few enough points that we could have won most if not all 4 of them with an offense that could produce points.

Are the Ag's coaching staff so plagued with big $ alums interfering that they could go to places like Houston and put together a better team there (because the alums could give 2 sheets what the football team is doing) than they can at a university such as TAMU?

After hearing his comments about "Anyone could go coach at Bama and win, but can you go somewhere like Duke or South Carolina and do that?",,,, would Spurrier see the inigma that causes A&M to continue to achieve perennial mediocrity as something so challenging that he would come to TAMU in his twilight years of coaching to prove he still can?

Does he have any ties whatsover to TAMU? Are he and Slocum or Sumlin that good of buddies that he would feel some sort of loyalty or pity for them that he would do such a thing?

I love the fact that we're in the SEC. I'm not sure why I even give 2 sheets about any of this because I predicted after we joined that we would be a perennial middle of the pack dweller in the West division, and that's pretty much where we've proven we're going to stay. Too much of a fan not to care.
BBQ4Me
AG
quote:

Maybe if you feed the dog BBQ and queso for a few days, the turd won't taste so bad?
The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:

There it is.

There are several great examples here of what happens on the pay board.
Pengwin Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There it is.

There are several great examples here of what happens on the pay board.

Not enough stars though.

On topic, why would Looch care if Rojo's source turns out to be accurate?

"Oh no! A big story that I didn't break brought tons of positive traffic to my site!" /sarcasm
Gerberous
Looch:
Gerberous
And I'm just sitting here like
Slyfox07
AG
Has Rojo implied a timeline?

I'd sure like to not have Spav calling plays in our bowl game.

libertyag
AG
For those who complain about Chavis being upstairs and not on the sidelines, you are aware Spurrier would FaceTime from an assisted living facility, right?
Red Skye
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe if you feed the dog BBQ and queso for a few days, the turd won't taste so bad?

I've heard pineapple juice.
aggiebrother33
quote:

I laughed WAAAAY too hard at this

POTD
pollo hermanos
AG
quote:
Has Rojo implied a timeline?

I'd sure like to not have Spav calling plays in our bowl game.

He said that the plan was to announce Spurrier before the SEC Championship game.
Slyfox07
AG
quote:
quote:

I laughed WAAAAY too hard at this

POTD
Post of the week.

I'm still laughing

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.