Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny gets benched

41,467 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
FOUR THIN INCHES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leave it to the ****ty ass Browns to lose to the damn bye week!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
VinnyTAMU
AG
play stupid games win stupid prizes
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
I hope this is Johnnys way of getting out of Cleveland. This could all be planned. He knows this franchise is going nowhere and this is his shot to get out by being a clown. If no other team gives him a shot, I bet Jerry does.
Is that how you quit your jobs, by showing all of the potential employers what a liability you are?

Tom Hagen
AG
JFF will still be in the NFL, while Pettine is coaching high school.
KW Driver
Did Gronk ever get benched for this same type of thing?
RGLAG85
AG
quote:

No because he continually proves it on the field. Double standard but it's always been that way. Johnny knew the rules.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

I don't care what side anyone falls on this stupid topic, but the fact that people keep bringing up ridiculous comments like this as if they are even remotely close to the same situation is beyond pathetic
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Pettine hasn't proven that he can be a successful HC in the NFL. Where is all of the outcry from ESPN and social media judges?

Here's the difference...if Pettine gets fired, it would be due to his inability to coach.

Johnny got demoted to 3rd string because he went out partying and not due to his on the field play. He got demoted because he's a dumb ass. All he had to do was just stay out of the limelight for six weeks. He couldn't even manage to do that for one fking week.

So what's you point? Let Johnny fail on the field. Is that so hard to understand.

About as hard to understand that the club set standards for him to follow and he said "f that, I'm Johnny football and I'll do what I want". He knew the consequences and made his choice. #IdowhatIwant
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Johnny is pure and y'all just want to drag him down and taint him with your negativity. He doesn't understand your world of darkness and sorrow, he only knows unadulterated joy and tried to share it with the world and you all just want to see him fail. Stay golden Johnny Boy, don't let the masses drag you down to their level. Never grow up, never change.
VikingNik
AG
Look, I don't know what was said behind closed doors in Berea but I can imagine that Johnny doesn't see what he did constitutes making him or the Browns look bad. He had a good time. No fights, no drunk driving, etc. He had five days off and returned to Ohio after three, ready to prepare for the Ravens this week. This happened nine days before game day. This is such a weird morality play going on that I don't think existed before Johnny came along. It seems especially weird from a town like Cleveland that is blue collar drink after your shift is over kind of place to demand him being a monk.
SeattleAgJr
1876er
AG

Bench Brady.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

Bench Brady.

Oh look. Another moron who doesn't get it
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:

Bench Brady.

"I can't be writing what the rules are because my rules vary from player to player. In Dallas we had a linebacker named John Roper who got cut for falling asleep in a meeting. If Troy Aikman fell asleep in a meeting, I'd go over and whisper, `Wake up, Troy.' "-Jimmy Johnson

Different standards for different players. It's called "the way it is".
Spinnerag
AG
To bench him for that video is as ******ed as it ever gets...how is that a black eye for them? **** the browns
Bunk Moreland
quote:
To bench him for that video is as ******ed as it ever gets...how is that a black eye for them? **** the browns

Look! Another person who doesn't get it.

Spreadsheet updated
jmm6345
We'll always have 2012 JFF vs Bama! .....Gee thanks. Popping bottles!!!
Spinnerag
AG
quote:
quote:

Look! Another person who doesn't get it.

Spreadsheet updated
Look! another person who gets it
milner79
quote:
quote:
Is that 13 second video it? So, he danced and sang along to some crappy music while holding a bottle?? Wow...I'm glad no one records my weekends.

So this was it?
Anybody who thinks its just about a video needs to go sit by Hillary Clinton and talk Benghazi.
Spiritofaggieland
AG
If it's confirmed that the video was taken last week, all I have to say is at least the police didn't get involved this time.
CosmicMaskedAvenger
AG
Pettine is an idiot.
marble rye
AG
Face consequences for what actions? He partied. Was out and about and seen. You people hating are odd.
Tramp78
AG
I seriously doubt Johnny will play another down in the NFL. Well, maybe if the first and second string guys get injured. But he has shown everyone that he doesn't follow rules, can't be coached, can't control his behavior, isn't worthy of the money he is being paid, has no respect for his team or fans, and most of that would probably be OK if he was really good on the field but he still is only marginal. If he wanted to be a starting QB, he knew what he had to do and he couldn't do it. Legal or illegal doesn't enter into it. His boss set the expectation and he didn't meet it. It wasn't just the Coach. The move to bench him was supported publicly by both the GM and the owner. That tells me they will try to trade him at the end of the season and finding nobody else that wants him, he will be cut. He might find a spot in Canada, or he might just burn out and fade away. But first he is going to have to find a team that is willing to put up with his behavior on the hopes that he can play better than he has in Cleveland. Good luck there. There was a reason 21 teams didn't draft him.He had the brass ring handed to him. Starting QB finally. Long after other rookie QBs his age had become starting QBs. All he had to do was follow the rules set forth by his frickin' boss. Why should he do what his boss says? Maybe because he is supposed to be a professional? He is certainly making Professional money. $8,248,596 contract. $4,318,980 signing bonus. $7,998,596 guaranteed. You pay me that and I will spend my off week doing whatever it is you tell me to. I'll watch game films. I'll go to the gym. I'll do anything other than fly to Texas and party for two straight days and get hammered and have vids of me showing up on the web. Frickin' idiot. You can't blame the media. If he wasn't acting the fool, there would be no story. The media didn't put a bottle of booze in his hand. The media didn't make him drive 90 miles per hour on the shoulder of a road. Forget him. He was good here at A&M but he was a terrible Aggie. He took his classes online, didn't even get his ring when it was available, never got his degree, I could go on. Let him fade away. Hopefully people will stop paying attention to him and he can't do any more damage to my school's reputation.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Petitine never had any intentions on starting Johnny. It was a publicity stunt to try and raise interest in an upcoming MNF game between two suck azz teams, Bait and switch. The video has been out for a while now, funny how they just now get offended by it. Petitine doesn't like Johnny never has and will never give him a true and decent shot on the field, his ego just won't allow it, and yes coaches let their ego get in the way. We have no idea if Johhny can be good or not because he hasn't been given a true shot.
LOL...Manziel was given the opportunity to be the starting QB for the rest of the season. That job was his. He finally got the shot to prove himself on the field. Pettine wasn't going to take that away unless Manziel did something stupid.

But he went to Austin....and partied....which was captured on video....and then published by TMZ. And this after he said he was going to lay low. He understood what was expected of him and yet decided to give the Browns the middle finger.

But that's all Pettine's fault? I mean, Manziel has proven himself to be a true professional and trustworthy in the past, right?

Manziel hasn't done enough in this league to be pulling this type of sh.t and get away with it.
jml2621
quote:
quote:
As an alcoholic, I understand exactly where Johnny is in his stage. Its hard to quit until one has that sudden event in their life. Sadly, most alcoholics never do recover. Hope JF has that upheaval.
I don't think Johnny is an alcoholic. He's not showing up to the facility drunk. He's not drinking every day- getting DUIs. He's addicted to the party. The Scene. The center of attention. Some guys can't sit at home on a Thurs/Friday/Saturday night. Some guys just can't do it. My college roommate at A&M was one of those guys.
JFF was in rehab for Bolivian Marching Powder.

Pettine never wanted to play Johnny, felt ownership stuffed him down Pettine's throat, was was clearly petulant in treatment of JFF - the "keep calm and stay in the pocket" hissyfit during the Bengals game halftime interview is all we need to know. Pettine is a horrible coach and should be fired tonight.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Face consequences for what actions? He partied. Was out and about and seen. You people hating are odd.
Some of you people are so myopic.

Hitting the town and partying is not a problem in and of itself. But it is a problem when your head coach tells you that he doesn't want you to do that kind of sh.t and you do it anyway.
Philip J Fry
AG
Yeah, but it's hard to respect a coach like Pet to begin with.
Red Skye
AG
Nothing like a JFF thread to bring out all of the cockroaches from the decaying remains of what used to be TexAgs.
libertyag
AG
Johnny will never get it together, He is a little punk thug who has an entitlement attitude and will never amount to anything in the NFL. Not just because of this, but everything taken as a whole. He just doesn't care.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

Hitting the town and partying is not a problem in and of itself. But it is a problem when your head coach tells you that he doesn't want you to do that kind of sh.t and you do it anyway.

You were there? What were Pettine's exact words? Who are they to tell him what to do? He is still an adult with free will. He broke no laws and did nothing to embarass the Browns. Too bad he doesn't have some legal standing to tell them to shove it. Those are his off hours. He was at a bar.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You were there? What were Pettine's exact words? Who are they to tell him what to do? He is still an adult with free will. He broke no laws and did nothing to embarass the Browns. Too bad he doesn't have some legal standing to tell them to shove it. Those are his off hours. He was at a bar.
Now you're just trolling.
marble rye
AG
Whatever makes you feel like a big tough guy. Browns need to be honest with themselves. JFF is the only thing that has made them relevant in the past decade.

He's made of money. I'd tell them to **** off
Artorias
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

When you are a high profile, first round QB draft pick playing in the NFL, you don't get the luxury of "off hours". You are expected to represent the organization in a positive light both professionally and personally. That is part of the package. Might not be "fair", but that is the reality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.