Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny gets benched

41,646 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
marble rye
AG
I simply asked a question. Dude shows up every chance he gets to take shots. Run along and take some photos.
welborn
quote:
I don't think anyone will trade for him.

Dallas will and they'll sell a ton of merch quickly. To hell if he ever takes a meaningful snap. Jerrah gonna get his $
careerchange05
AG
quote:
Johnny Manziel is a loser. we got the best of him and that doesn't trouble me in the least.

What an absolute asshat you are.
marble rye
AG
Jerrah should have taken him to begin with. Is it his team or not?
bloodsweat79
This reminds me of what Emory Ballard told all of us in a team meeting before 2 a days in the 70's when 1/3 of the team smoked pot. Do it in the room, not out in public. Cain Hall was not a smoke free dorm...
Oilfield Aggie12
I hope this is Johnnys way of getting out of Cleveland. This could all be planned. He knows this franchise is going nowhere and this is his shot to get out by being a clown. If no other team gives him a shot, I bet Jerry does.
45-70Ag
AG
If his last shot really is In Dallas, that's not good when the only one who will take a chance is a senile old man trying his best to become al Davis.
Trooper1016
quote:
He's a dumbass and I could care less if starts or not because he is making about 40x what I make in a year.
so you're saying you do care?
8T2
quote:
quote:
I don't think anyone will trade for him.

Dallas will and they'll sell a ton of merch quickly. To hell if he ever takes a meaningful snap. Jerrah gonna get his $
You don't know how the NFL merchandise profits are split, do you?

I thought not.
45-70Ag
AG
Doesn't Dallas have an apparel deal that no other team has?
8T2
quote:
I hope this is Johnnys way of getting out of Cleveland. This could all be planned. He knows this franchise is going nowhere and this is his shot to get out by being a clown. If no other team gives him a shot, I bet Jerry does.
Is that how you quit your jobs, by showing all of the potential employers what a liability you are?
Amazing Moves
Good whatever it takes to get him to Dallas.
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
Pettine hasn't proven that he can be a successful HC in the NFL. Where is all of the outcry from ESPN and social media judges?

Here's the difference...if Pettine gets fired, it would be due to his inability to coach.

Johnny got demoted to 3rd string because he went out partying and not due to his on the field play. He got demoted because he's a dumb ass. All he had to do was just stay out of the limelight for six weeks. He couldn't even manage to do that for one fking week.

So what's you point? Let Johnny fail on the field. Is that so hard to understand.
Artorias
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Pettine hasn't proven that he can be a successful HC in the NFL. Where is all of the outcry from ESPN and social media judges?

Here's the difference...if Pettine gets fired, it would be due to his inability to coach.

Johnny got demoted to 3rd string because he went out partying and not due to his on the field play. He got demoted because he's a dumb ass. All he had to do was just stay out of the limelight for six weeks. He couldn't even manage to do that for one fking week.

So what's you point? Let Johnny fail on the field. Is that so hard to understand.
In order to be effective on the field, you have to be viewed as a good and strong leader by the rest of your team. Constantly seeing Johnny in the media for partying, defying Browns management/coaches wishes, etc. affects the way his teammates view/think about him as a leader, and ultimately perform with him as the QB. This is bigger than just Johnny's individual ability to perform.
Heismanziel
Smartest decision Cleveland has made in years. Johnny needs to hit rock bottom.
Spiritofaggieland
AG
quote:
Wait, you actually want him to fail?
45-70Ag
AG
Rock bottom doesn't mean failing as much as it means waking the **** up before it's too late
Ag_EE
AG
quote:

Marco Esquandolas
AG
I'm a Dallas fan and I do not want JF to play for the Cowboys.
Class of 65
AG
Good bye Johnny! You are such a ******!
Red Skye
AG
quote:
Good bye Johnny! You are such a ******!
Count slowly to 5 or something. You're way more upset about this than you should be.
Demasiado
AG
I'm a cowboys fan and I can't wait for jerrah to sign him
Motel California
S
quote:

Rehab is typically considered rock bottom. That didn't phase, Johnny.
BostonAg74
Johnny is a classic f***-up. Most of us knew people like that in high school or college. They work hard to succeed at something, and then just when the goal is within reach, they inexplicably do something stupid that blows it all up. They don't do it once or twice. They do it every damn time. It's like they are afraid to reach their goals. He'll never change. He's not a terrible person. He's just a f***-up. That's just who he is.

If you read between the lines of the Browns' statement, you realize that they have now officially given up on Johnny as their quarterback of the future. The whole point of playing him was to see what they had and determine if he was their next QB. Their decision not to play him tells me that they don't see any need for further evaluation. They have made up their minds that he's not their guy. I expect them to release him at some point and cut their losses, but they may try to get some trade value for him, so they don't want to dump on him completely just yet. He's a potential backup QB who will be in the third year of his rookie contract, so some team may want him just save some cap room, but I don't think any team is anxious to make him the face of their franchise.

The shame is that I think he really does have the ability to succeed in the NFL and prove the naysayers wrong, but I doubt that he will ever get the opportunity to prove it, because he can't keep himself from self destructing.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

He was about to get the chance to prove himself on the field but he threw that away by defying his head coach and going out partying.

Why do you think he doesn't need to face consequences for his actions?
SeattleAgJr

combat wombat™
AG
On the surface, it seems to me a stupid move for the franchise. Eben if JFF is being a dumb-ass off the field, if it doesn't affect his on-field play and it's not illegal, WTF not play him?
Goose
AG
quote:
On the surface, it seems to me a stupid move for the franchise. Eben if JFF is being a dumb-ass off the field, if it doesn't affect his on-field play and it's not illegal, WTF not play him?

Agreed.
phatbc
quote:

Because it's all about control with Pettine
TSHIRTAGWANNAB
Petitine never had any intentions on starting Johnny. It was a publicity stunt to try and raise interest in an upcoming MNF game between two suck azz teams, Bait and switch. The video has been out for a while now, funny how they just now get offended by it. Petitine doesn't like Johnny never has and will never give him a true and decent shot on the field, his ego just won't allow it, and yes coaches let their ego get in the way. We have no idea if Johhny can be good or not because he hasn't been given a true shot.
sbates
AG
How is Johnny a "horrible AG?"
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
HOW DO YOU GET FIRED ON YOUR DAY OFF!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Leave it to the ****ty ass Browns to lose to the damn bye week!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Leave it to the ****ty ass Browns to lose to the damn bye week!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.