Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny gets benched

41,717 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
FightinTxAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dropped him to 3rd string. He needs to get it together

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Josh-McCown-takes-over-as-Browns-starting-QB/afba90ae-d31b-4a8f-88ad-d05ec386098d
Sex Panther
AG
That city is gonna riot
512Ag
AG
What a freaking clown show.
Silver Taps
Time for Johnny to get it together.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
JOHNNY!!!

Tom Hagen
AG
ESPN has a McCown/Schaub matchup on MNF.

This is probably part of Jerry's plan to get JFF out of Cleveland without compensation.
AGHouston11
AG
What did he do?
TexagChris17
AG
They're not going to win regardless of who is playing
A Town Ag
He looked like a strait up tard in the video that went viral. Not like the starting QB for any NFL franchise. What a f'n joke. Who would he be with that would be allowed to take the video much less post it for the world to see. What a **** show.
AggieKatie2
AG
What am I missing? You can't go out on a bye weekend? He's JFF, people are going to film and document everything, but did he actually do something wrong (drugs, dui, etc)?
TexanJeff
AG
Johnny gets needs to get off that clown car!
Eliminatus
AG
I swear Pettine is trying his best to burn the organization down before he gets the boot. Not that it needs much help but come the **** on man.

I am not apologizing for Manziels actions but last time I checked he was a grown ass man on his off week. He didn't get arrested. He didn't beat someone up. He didn't beat his girlfriend. He is doing much better and progressing steadily as a player.

He was out having fun like 98% of young NFL players do on their bye weeks. A couple nights of blowing off steam. But for some damned reason the media watches him and just him in the main like a *******ed hawk.

And now he gets burned for it.

[url=http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Eliminatus/media/s715d8h.jpg.html][/url]
Birdwatcher
AG
Addiction ruins so many lives. Hope Johnny can get his life straightened out before he does prison time or worse.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
They're not going to win regardless of who is playing

They're playing the Ravens with Matt Schaub at QB.

Either way, Johnny won't be on the team next year. He'll demand a trade or a release, or the team will do it for him... Honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was his plan. Crazier things have happened in locker rooms.
blumpkin
AG
sometimes people get what they deserve.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
What am I missing? You can't go out on a bye weekend? He's JFF, people are going to film and document everything, but did he actually do something wrong (drugs, dui, etc)?

Which is why he'll demand a trade
The Collective
AG
So much for the MNF promos.
BMX Bandit
I don't think anyone will trade for him.
Flashdiaz
AG
So I guess I should not start him on my fantasy team
CrottyKid
AG
People get fired for doing stupid stuff all the time.
zephyr88
AG
I'm trying to laugh this off, but it's hard to watch... I love JFF, but I knew he was gonna do something like this... he's not real good about keeping a low profile for one week, much less two...
aggiebutterfly
AG
Stupid. I guess as a starter you should not be able to go out and drink.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:

To where???
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Addiction ruins so many lives. Hope Johnny can get his life straightened out before he does prison time or worse.

Is he really addicted, or was rehab a PR move? Honest question. I don't know because I don't really care enough to try to find out if he's actually an alcoholic.
Motel California
S
Quite possibly the most irresponsible and out of control athletes ever. Not one mistake.. But over and over and essentially the same old thing
AustinCountyAg
He didn't do anything illegal, but he has been in rehab, and essentially promised the Browns organization to be on his best behavior. This coupled with the incident a couple months ago is just a black eye for the Browns and they are tired of the bad press. NFL teams want QB's who are leaders and outstanding citizens and role models. Not spoiled,rich kids. The Browns took a risk when they drafted him hoping he would change his ways. He as yet to do so.

I find it funny that so many want to defend him.

zephyr88
AG
This was his perfect chance to come out with the W as a starter. Ravens on MNF. JFF on MNF. The whole nation would be watching. Dammit Johnny - not that you did anything illegal or even wrong - but you had to know Pettine had you on the shortest of leashes.
CapCityAg89
AG
Pettine is an absolute idiot. What Johnny did was nothing different than other players do every night (including game weeks). The difference is he's one of the most recognizable faces in the NFL and everything he does gets recorded and then blasted on TMZ. The coach of an NFL team should be able to assess what a player is doing in the film room, locker room, practice field and on game day. If he's demoting Johnny for those things, that's on Johnny. If he's doing it for PC BS public "relations" (debatable how Joe BrownsFan thinks), he's a moron.
wangus12
AG
He's a dumbass and I could care less if starts or not because he is making about 40x what I make in a year.
Red Skye
AG
quote:
He didn't do anything illegal, but he has been in rehab, and essentially promised the Browns organization to be on his best behavior. This coupled with the incident a couple months ago is just a black eye for the Browns and they are tired of the bad press. NFL teams want QB's who are leaders and outstanding citizens and role models. Not spoiled,rich kids. The Browns took a risk when they drafted him hoping he would change his ways. He as yet to do so.

Our society is ****ed if we look to sports stars as role models.
Joan Wilder
AG
Unless there's more to this story, I just don't see how this warrants him being benched. The Cowboys are playing Greg Hardy!

That being said, for the love of God, Johnny. Everyone and their brother has a camera and social media. Why expose yourself to this drama?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

Is he really addicted, or was rehab a PR move? Honest question. I don't know because I don't really care enough to try to find out if he's actually an alcoholic.

He didn't go to rehab for alcohol problems. It was harder drugs that he was screwing with.

And Tons of GMs would take him, if this is all it really is. Bellichick basically lets Gronk roofie himself every night.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
quote:

Our society is ****ed if we look to sports stars as role models.
Have you not watched the news lately. It is pretty obvious our society has been ****ed for a while now.

#blacklivesmatter
#ISIS
#Obama
#shallIGoOn?
8T2
quote:
quote:
quote:

To where???
To wherever 32nd ranked NFL quarterbacks go.

Oh, wait...
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.