Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did our band form Sawed off Horns..

53,879 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
HuntinHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We won twice last Thursday night.
Gone
All of you saying tu won halftime are sentimental babies. Just because they spell out "thanks A&M," doesn't mean that they won. This is a rivalry. I don't care that it was the last game. I hate tu now. I hate tu then. I'm not thanking them for anything. What's with all this sentimental bs? Even the sips at our tailgate thought the tu band was stupid for doing that. I thought it was great that the FTAB sawed off their horns. Stop being such dramatic babies. It's football. It's not mamby pamby land.

This is no way connected to Bonfire. Now that was classy of the sips. But a last game does not equal that scenario.
The Collective
AG
I really didn't give a damn about halftime. I was too stressed about the game to even pay attention to the bands. Why are whining again?
Velvet Jones
AG
Someone get a mop. The large number of bedwetters on this thread is sad.
Guadaloop474
I thought it was a sawed off Longhorn, and a fitting end to this rivalry...Thanks Texas for doing the ATM on the field, but for all of the "Poor Aggies" I heard over the years in Austin, and for all of the Aggie jokes you all told, it doesn't quite do it for me.

Have fun with your $300 million and beating up Baylor and TT every year. Your condescension will not be missed. I never will forget walking across your campus back in 1970 to go to the Aggie baseball game at your old field with the cliff in center field and hearing all of the crap coming from your speakers on the mall about "white MFs" and Nixon and Cambodia. And your hippies that closed down the State Capitol with riots the day before the game definitely showed a lack of class on your part.

Best wishes, and I'm glad that we are going our separate ways, because other than being located in the state of Texas, we have absolutely nothing in common with you.

Noble07
AG
The "Thanks aTm" makes it seem like outside forces are pulling apart the matchup...and ignores the fact that tu is refusing to play us.

Besides, why do we want a framed A&M flag that was carried by their band? How is that significant or meaningful to us?

I don't necessarily think the show was designed with bad intent...after all the LHB directors did not have a role in the conference realignment saga.
Ragnar Danneskjold
**** longhorns
TexasAggiesWin
S
I'm still wondering how one determines who wins halftime?
Sassir Yanchez
"I almost falcon punched the hell out of the t-sip girl standing in front of me! The *****."

Wow you must be one really tough guy. Was the reason you held back that you suddenly doubted that you could take her?

The one thing that UT and AnM have in common is 5% of our fanbases are certifiable ******bags.

What kind of moron even THINKS about hitting a girl?
nai06
AG
you dont come here often do you?
zmurda
mshipp88
Are y'all freaking serious? Halftime was the ONLY thing we won Thursday night. The saw'em off was AMAZING. Especially after the 'Thanks aTm'. We are Fightin' Texas Aggies after all. Hell. Yes.

I loved it.
sotexag79
AG
Ask any members of PMC who were present for the bonfire game how classy the tu band is. I was there during march in. Nazi salutes, sheep Fu####s, etc. Aggie band was awesome I just wish they could have done a formation giving tu the bird.
Sublette County
AG
Please tell me Sassir isn't serious.

PineAg
If tu had not done the thank you, no one would be complaining. Ags did not know what tu was going to do. Do you expect the Aggie band to change their drill right before taking the field just because tu did that? you can't. It is a rivalry. It didn't hurt anything. tu's was mostly a publisity stunt anyway.
mshipp88
^ this
Cardboardboxer
I thought tu was saying thanks for the easy wins!
gmwild2005
Wonder, what the annual sales numbers for all the saw em off merchandise is???
Dub05
AG
Classless??? I guess in the decades of the Aggie War Hymn we were all wrong for singing "saw varsity's horns off" and/or performing the motion, or wearing the t-shirts, or say beat the hell outta tu or etc., etc. Lots of people have all of a sudden gone spineless because the tu band did something unexpected. That still doesn't change the fact that sawing off the horns is an acceptable part of our past time. That formation has also been done before (we did it my freshman year in 01). I guess instead we should hold hands with our "friends" in Austin and sing kumbaya and say thanks for the memories. Honestly, any one who has a problem with this should grow a pair. Its a rivalry!
Noble07
AG
quote:
Wonder, what the annual sales numbers for all the saw em off merchandise is???

Good point. I bet Aggieland Outfitters goes out of business. I won't complain about that.
Waffle_Release_Date
Why the Aggieland Outfitters hate? They have a TON of other stuff besides Saw 'Em Off. I don't wear that stuff but still love AO. Find stuff there that I can't anywhere else.
TXAGBQ76
AG
give me a break; the sips gave us one of the flags they fly upside down at every game; yep, total class!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.