Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did our band form Sawed off Horns..

53,904 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
lb3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrazosDog02
AG
After reading all the leaking vaginas on this thread, I'm getting a clear picture of part of why we suck so bad. When did these asshats stop being competitive. THe mediocrity and love fest should have never happened. F--- Texas and their homo erotic band and f--- you *****bags that think it's cute. Go play grabass somewhere else. But please don't turn my school into some pc touchy feely craphole like the one in Austin.

The only thing that would have made this game great is if the band sawed off their horns, we created Cart 2.0 and beat their asses 13-0.

How do you like that hate?
Sabroso
This move is nothing new in tu's media playbook. They strengthen their image and weaken ours with every outward move they make, and it seems to me they do it with a lot of thought.

They do it so often, even Aggies begin to buy into it...Probably the same Aggies that think ACORN or other liberal groups do all their work out of the kindness of their heart rather than some devious underlying plan.

It's going to be nice to get away from their media manuvering. Maybe then we'll be able to define ourselves rather than have tu use the media comparison machine to prop themselves up while making us look like the bad guy.
chandlerag
AG
Are you kidding me? You people are griping about that? The Aggie Band does that formation about once every 4-6 years. Who freaking cares? I guess we shouldn't say Beat The HELL Outta t.u.!! Because that's "classless". Why do we saw them off in the stands? What's the difference? Why do we sing the Aggie War Hymn the way we do. Get over yourselves. You can't have it both ways.
VatoLocoAggie
Class!
nomadic_ag
AG
Top notch class FTAB. Makes me beam with pride.
Tuco Salamanca
The halftime show was a major ass kissing fest..
Waffle_Release_Date
I just fail to see how horns down formation was classless. Wow. Way blown out of proportion. It's a cool formation relevant to the game. The end. Not earth shattering either way
BMX Bandit
you really need to rethink life if this bothered you one bit
AggieNAnnArbor
**** this obsession we have with being "classy". We're so damn obsessed with being nice guys and getting along with everyone. Nice guys finish last........obviously. We better man the **** up for next year because the SEC does not give a rat's ass about class. All they care about is winning.
Saxsoon
AG
We did a tongue in cheek sawed off. The announcer had nothing but great things to say about their band, just like they did with ours.
txdawg80
hey dick head, what is yall's record in teh big 12 over the last 20 games
jdbq99
AG
Holy shit, are some of you people for real?!!! Last I checked, this was a rivalry game not a deek sucking contest with the whorns...
OTredux
Ann arbor

If we are "obsessed" with bring nice and classy, why do we not act that way or criticize rivals motives when they do
AgsWin2011
AG
Does anyone have an actual picture of it? That picture was not last night. That's a day game and there's no ribbon board
Cowtown Raider

And WE get lectues from BQ's on CLASS! ! !

Cowtown

CosmicMaskedAvenger
AG
Yes, ESiPN made sure to show how "classy" their bought-and-paid-for tu was.

And failed to mention how it is tu refusing to play us that is ending this rivalry. Although them talking about it so much does put some pressure on DeLost.

Code Maroon 12
AG
76-37-5 is just another community college dropout sporting the wal-mart brand tu shirt, ignore him
freeze
quote:
This move is nothing new in tu's media playbook. They strengthen their image and weaken ours with every outward move they make, and it seems to me they do it with a lot of thought.

How did the "Thanks ATM" weaken the A&M image?
Wildmen06
AG
Oh no....the aggie band was mean and classless. I guess we should of just dropped our instruments and had a group hug with the tu band.

I swear you people can find anything to complain about.
dcAg
We should've had the FTAB challenge the tu band to a fist fight at half time.
Gunslanger
(1) Which word in "WE NEVER LOSE A HALFTIME" are you supposed Aggies getting confused on? What it means is, "WE NEVER LOSE A HALFTIME." Ever! We've been saying that phrase at least since my grandfather was there from 1936-1940, because it's true. And if you don't say that and think that and believe that, you ain't a Texas Aggie.

(2) Listen, the men and women of FTAB bust their asses, every single day, for our beloved University. It's not easy--trust me, I know first-hand. It's the hardest thing I've ever done my entire life. They work hard enough and give back enough to all of us Aggies that they don't deserve to hear about this whiny 2%er bulls*it on a public forum.

(3) The "Saw Varsity's Horns Off" drill was created by Head Drum Major Mike Sammis '90 back in 1989. When we marched it at the t.u. game, the 12th Man went berserk, so much so that we literally couldn't hear ourselves playing on the field. That drill marked one of the Aggie Band's very finest moments in its entire history. Since then, it has unequivocally become the most-requested drill the Aggie Band does, apart from the 4-way Cross. Literally thousands of letters come to the Band Room requesting that drill every year, for more than 20 years. Since this is the last t.u. game, not doing that drill wouldn't be an option, as many more (and much more authentic and appreciative) Aggies would be upset and confused if the Band didn't march it one last time.

So, all of you 2%ers, step the eff off of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band. There is NO classier organization in college athletics, and no nobler ambassadors for aTm. And they are YOUR ambassadors--to the SEC and everywhere else--whether it please you or not.

So, get on board, right now, or get on Highway 6.

I understand that everyone is upset. So am I. What Aggie wouldn't be? Our pride, our unity, and our common heritage is what has gotten us through tough times like this. This time is no different. So, please, let's all calm down a little, and not do things like tear down the Aggie Band, or Sherman, or Tannehill, or anything else.

"We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we!"

Gig 'em!
Show me your TDs
Sounds like you guys should of stuck with the idea of bringing out the longhorn that had it's horns turned down.
freeze
Summary: The Aggie band's insult of UT's mascot got a lot of applause when they first did it, so it's ok. The Aggie fans' minds would not be able to process that the Band did NOT do 'sawed off'. The Aggie Band is the classiest group evarr, and you can screw off if you don't think so.
Gunslanger
Freeze--incorrect. It's more about the fact that there isn't another opportunity to march it, and by all signals from the 12th Man, everybody loves it. I'll see if I can find out how many requests there were for the drill this year, and get back to you.

Your feelings about the Aggie Band are most regrettable and atypical. I truly don't understand what we could've possibly done to make you hate us so.
Waffle_Release_Date
Gunslanger I'm with you on it being a cool drill and all that. But I think you might have a little delusion about the FTAB being the ambassadors to the SEC, etc. I respect them and know they bust their ass and I don't think we ever lose half time...but tap the brakes some.
legends_xx
quote:
hey dick head, what is yall's record in teh big 12 over the last 20 games

What is A&M's record since the Big 12 formed? Here is a pretty good breakdown for you:

You had 7 winning seasons in 16 years of conference play.

You have a 0.527 winning percentage in Big 12 play.

You have a winning record against 4 of the 11 conference opponents you faced. That would be Baylor, OSU, ISU, and Kansas. Texas is not on that list.

It's easy to see why you would want to try a new conference, but I'm not sure the SEC was the best choice. Maybe after 16 years of mediocrity there, you can give C-USA a shot.
Gunslanger
Fair enough, Waffle, I shall. And thank you! Please let me clarify, I do not mean to say in any way that the Aggie Band are our only "ambassadors" to the SEC or anywhere else. We're only one small part of a huge package that makes A&M as great as we are. There are so many facets of the 12th Man, and they all bust their ass for our school just as hard as the Band, if not harder. I definitely don't mean to take away from any of that, so I really do apologize if I came across too strong.
akaggie05
AG
quote:
Does anyone have an actual picture of it? That picture was not last night. That's a day game and there's no ribbon board

I was there last night. It happened, but you are correct in saying that the picture posted earlier was not from last night. The longhorn was turned 90 degrees from what's shown in that pic. The band started marching out in the usual block formation, then most of the block stopped while the longhorn emerged and kept marching out to the south 20 or so. Then the horns broke off by doing a 180 and marched back into the block, followed by the rest of the head a few seconds later.
txag007
You people are blind!!!! The LHB formed a giant uterus on our field and mocked us with happy trails! Using the female reproductive organs as a salute to A&M us a slap in the face!!!!
72jag
AG
What a bunch of whimps!!! Their "class" was being shown by their network in case you forgot. Some of fall for anything.
utempire
There are videos of it on youtube in case you need more proof.
Aggie Maroon
Good Lord, TexAgs never ceases to amaze me. Just because we didn't form a "thanks ut" we are classless? The PA announcer praised tu for about a solid minute towards the end of the performance. There was nothing classless about our halftime. Good gawd...
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
I HATE that f@gg@ty school in Austin. As someone said earlier, the little Thank you was nothing but a PR stunt (that ESiPN took and ran with as planned) and a snide backhanded compliment.

I hope they lose every game they ever play. Bunch of snot nosed, frat lovin', democracy hating d-bags.
John David Stutts
quote:
Everything associated with Texas A&M football, including the band, has become the laughingstock of college football.

What an embarrassment.

You people have lost your minds.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.