Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did our band form Sawed off Horns..

53,878 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
smartag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Geezzz... I didn't see it bc I was on the 5th row... You can't make out much from down there and I didn't see it on the big screen.
Pro Sandy
AG
Saw 'em off
MROD92
What the F_ _k is wrong with Y'all? These people are NOT our friends. They behave PC in the light of day, yet in the cover of darkness make deals to screw us. That is why we are leaving the conference as are three other schools. Screw em. Saw em off!!!!
fat_cat_ags
AG
i saw it as being a condesending jab at us. they have/had no reason to thank us.
3rdGenAg06
AG
Apparently nobody here listened to the narration. It was a thanks to the FTAB, NOT the Aggie fanbase. Also, Col.Brewer said thanks and offered multiple compliments during our band's drill.

Sure it looked a little bad after their nice tribute, but do you really think the FTAB was aware of their intentions all week long and still decided to do it anyway? Or do you think they could gave changed their drill RIGHT before going on after seeing what the tu band did?

[This message has been edited by bq06 (edited 11/25/2011 1:54a).]
WhiteRock Horn
d/p

[This message has been edited by Whiterock Horn (edited 11/25/2011 2:34a).]
WhiteRock Horn
You don't just act nice b/c someone was. Ice to you...a&m should have taken the high road all week and they wouldn't have to worry about what Texas did. I was there, Section 147, and they did saw the horns off.
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
quote:
The tu band owes us an apology for playing 2 queen songs for a halftime show
ght
AG
Big deal. We've done it in the past before, no different from the btho yell. It's not an insult of their band.
Quito
AG
tu halftime = Eddie Haskell "nice to see you Mrs Cleaver, you look very nice today"
VatoLocoAggie
Yes we did and I am very ashamed.
I apologize on behalf of all classy Ags out there.

I can honestly say we have only lost two halftime shows ever and both to the same school.

I am very embarrassed for what occured last night.

Very class act by the other school and for that we salute you.
hammer11
Screw the sips. I don't need them pissin on my leg I know what the hell they are. If you fall for their class crap you are a fool. They are just being sips and playing to the masses for points that I could care less about getting. Good to be gone from those dorky bar be que outift looking ***s.
BrazosDog02
AG
Really? I saw their band do that and the thought "cute, **** them in the neck. Get that *****off the field so we can finish whipping their ass."

Then we threw the ball to them and proceeded to win the game for them.
WolfCall
AG
Quito: it was not an Eddie Haskell move. It was a Total Class Act. Not the first time for the Longhorns Band. Have you forgotten Amazing Grace at half-time in the Bonfire Game?
WolfCall
AG
BrazosDog: people like you are why I am glad we lost our Rivalry game. Total unhealthy obsession with hate for the University of Texas. Change your Name to Ahab-Pequod.

[This message has been edited by WolfCall (edited 11/25/2011 8:28a).]
aggiemom93
YES the did do the sawed-off horns. To those of you who say you were there, how in the hell did you miss that? The flag presentation was FROM the whorns to us. It was the A&M conference flag. Honestly, don't know whether or not the whorns were being their usual a-holes or trying to be "nice". But it did happen.
HemiAg03
AG
Guys it's a rivalry game. Are u seriously wanting us to throw out a bunch of flowers and thanks like some liberal hippy school would?!?! Our band brought the hate and I'm glad they did. Stop acting like our schools are best buddies when we're not.
Quito
AG
What were they saying thanks too? Us not going with them to PAC 10?
1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing
AG
Can't believe people are mad about this....the only thing in mad about is that tu's longhorn looked a ton better than ours!! Did you guys see the sip fans at the game??? Most obnoxious fans I've seen at a game in years. They can take their "Thanks ATM" and suck it. People on here are amazing....they form a huge longhorn logo on our field and start dancing (which I didn't mind actually) and then say form a thanks ATM and now we're supposed to act like that was the nicest thing anybody's ever done for another person. Give me a break....this "we lost halftime too" stuff is a joke.
1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing
AG
I apologize for my typos above...but I have to repost....I am getting more rage after re-reading some of these posts...those of you who say that their "thanks" was sincere and a class-act are pathetic and have no spine. And are probably the same people who don't want to go to the SEC. Get your head out of the gutter, read up on what their university is about and figure out when it's a sheep, and when it's a wolf in sheep's clothing.
VatoLocoAggie
We lost the halftime show. No argument about it as it is fact.
THEH1Raider-98
AG
For all you idiots, nobody wins a ****ing halftime. Its a football game, only the game matters and we lost. Our band marches good, but our football sucks. I would rather have no band and win football. "Never lost a halftime" because nobody does. Stupid.
WolfCall
AG
MasonStorm
Th FTAB had no idea what Texas would do. Breaking the Horns is what you do. Do it. It wouldn't be a Tday game at Kyle without it. It would be like not sawing the Horns off to start the fourth.

It was not classless in any way. The only complaint you could possibly have would have been to see the FTAB make some sort of gesture as well (but wasn't needed).

I think the Horn fans who have been enjoying Kyle for years would be disappointed if you didn't do that formation.

Great game, will miss. Realized I watched on TV instead of Kyle for the first time in 10 yrs. happy holidays
2004FIGHTINTXAG
t.u. only shows class when they are in the spot light and to cover up what happens behind closed doors and what has been reported in the media. It was a political move. I'm glad we sawed the horns off.
ILuvAgLand
We lost halftime. This is a dark day in Aggie lore

Bad bull and I'll be writing a letter to voice my displeasure
Eichmare
A lot of denial here:

"The Longhorn band extended a lovely olive branch by spelling out "Thanks ATM" during its halftime performance. The Aggie band followed up with a symbolic sawing off of the Horns. We're going to miss this rivalry."

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/texas-vs-texas-a-m-horns-up-horns-1993603.html?printArticle=y

Quad Dog
AG
The FTAB did plan to form a T with SEC in the middle. But Loftin came out to drill and told them that they could do it but that it wouldn't be a good idea to do it.
psychotiger
The LHB was all class as usual. They definitely won halftime. For those trying to read too much into their gesture and find some underlying evil, take your meds! They were all class after bonfire tragedy. They were all class last night. It has to do with character.

Outboard personnel, Stand Up!
ILuvAgLand
Unacceptable, planning an sec march is just as bad.
We need to hold those in charge accountable

I'm ashamed at how far we have fallen
cigaraggie
AG
If our band did, great!!! It's part of our song damnit! Since when do we have play nice? It's the Aggie WAR Hymn!!!!!!! Teasips show class? Give me a frickin break! I remember listening to the Poor Aggies year in and year out! Screw them and I'm glad we don't have to play them or play in Austin for a long long time!
redcrayon
AG
You know things are bad when a band thread gets this much attention. Pathetic.
cigaraggie
AG
And I'm proud of our BQ's! At least they demonstrate the Burning Desire to beat the Hell outta tu!
TOUCHDOWN!
Everything associated with Texas A&M football, including the band, has become the laughingstock of college football.

What an embarrassment.
AR15Bubba
AG
At least half the posters in this thread should have been at a knitting convention instead of watching a rivalry football game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.