Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Fish Campers, Greeks, FLOs, etc...

33,659 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Viper16
JOHN2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not bashing people who dont wear maroon to the game...

I'm just saying fish camp is really gay, it has become a detriment to this university.
aggirl2011
OMG maroon out. WEAR maroon. Nobody cares what fish camp your in. We are there to watch the team. Great! You are involved! So am I, but I'm not flaunting it at football games. Ya, it doesn't matter what you wear to football games but this game is dedicated to wearing maroon. So just do it. I know every student has a maroon shirt.
BmtAggie428
AG
you're missing the point aggiegirl...

high school zero = corps hero
toddmandude
but the corps isn't wearing maroon.

If they're the backbone of this institution, shouldn't we file suit and wear a god aweful shade of khaki or olive?
HooT
Lets just say that everyone with a "13" after their username is disqualified from participating in the conversation.
aggiespartan
AG
wth even is a flo?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Just because someone has a number in their username does not necessarily mean they are in that class. I am not in the class of 12, rather it represents the 12th man.

Ok, carry on. This thread is making my day much better.

"Trust me, I'm a scientist."
BmtAggie428
AG
/HooT- my name ends in 428...am I good to go?

and the freshmen this year are 2014...hth
HooT
Bmt, darling.

If you reference the previous pages of **** this thread has managed to reap, several of the newly-minted TexAgs accounts slaving to defend their unnecessary, waste-of-space-and-time organizations end in 13.

Besides, freshman aren't smart enough to be on TexAgs.
toddmandude
quote:
wth even is a flo?

Freshman Leadership Organization. There are a few of them. Freshman join, have a great year and learn some leadership values. They're a really great thing IMO.
BmtAggie428
AG
whew...i thought this would never fall off page 1

oh gosh what have i done?
Stoker14
http://i56.tinypic.com/21epxly.jpg

If I was forced to leave halfway through Fish Camp, does that still make me gay, or can I be part of the cool kids club?

[This message has been edited by Stoker14 (edited 11/18/2010 11:18a).]
lowren2013
Just because someone has an account ending with the number 13 doesn't mean their arguement isn't legitimate, same with people like myself creating a new account to respond to this post. I read this forum, decided i wanted to put my opinion in so i createdd an account, so because of the fact im not a frequent poster ya'll are automatically going to claim my post is invalid? that's ridiculous and so is this whole situation on neon shirts.

I dont appreciate people talking like they are all high and mighty and any way besides their opinion is just wrong. I wear maroon to games and i agree on maroon out it's not that hard to wear maroon but if people choose to wear a different color other than that what business is that of yours?

It seriously just blows my mind how this whole university is supposed to be an aggie family yet it seems like a certain group of people are quick to exclude anyone unlike themselves. It upsets me because tradition and the feeling of being united with everyone was one of my main reasons for attending this university. You don't all have to wear maroon and hate on student organizations to feel like a family, acceptance is the main component of family and ya'll seem to be missing that part.
HooT
quote:
I read this forum, decided i wanted to put my opinion in so i createdd an account, so because of the fact im not a frequent poster ya'll are automatically going to claim my post is invalid? that's ridiculous and so is this whole situation on neon shirts.

Yes, yes it does. As does your abortion of a run-on sentence.
TexasAggiesWin
S
I'm still not understanding that people who are mad about wearing the few who don't wear maroon are saying, "We are there to watch the game, not what you wear!!" Well, if that's the case (Captain Obvious/Hindsight here), who cares what you wear to the game then? If you all you worry about is watching the game, what does it matter what anyone else wears?

Some very interesting logic being used here in this thread...
aggg13
Clearly the "maroon out" game is this Saturday so it hasn't happened yet. SO quit complaining that someone isn't going to wear maroon. obviously everyone knows to wear maroon to this game. so the people that have a problem with flos, fish camp, greek, etc; get a life and quit complaining because you didn't get accepted into the organization you really wanted. Come Saturday and people aren't wearing maroon, then you can complain, but for now just wait.

p.s. for all you old army complaining that flows and fish camps are "ruining" a&m, all the little activities on game-day that your little kids go before the game are all hosted by flos and other organizations
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
quote:
quit complaining because you didn't get accepted into the organization you really wanted

I would imagine the majority of the people that are complaining didn't apply to such things because:
1. They weren't around when most of them started
2. They were able to find ways to become leaders without the help of an organization teaching them how to be a leader

OneGood2011Ag
AG
How about this:

Post below with a thumbs up if you are a Fightin' Texas Aggie, regardless of what organization(s) you participate or don't participate in, and are going to be standing in Kyle Field at kickoff on Saturday being as loud as you can, wearing MAROON.
jimbotron
toddmandude
lowren2013...this is texags. It takes a while to get some street cred around here. But, welcome aboard. Stick around for a while and you'll understand. These trolls get predictable after a while.
toddmandude
Stoker14
lowren2013
I love that you attack the fact I had a run on sentence rather than focus on what I actually had to say.

How do you expect to be taken seriously if that is your defending arguement?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
How can you expect to be taken seriously with grammatical errors in your statements?

htownag08
AG
Wow, this thread is intense.

Do Fish Camp people really wear crazy colors to games now? The only game I remember people possibly wearing anything Fish Camp related was to maybe the first game where you pulled as a camp. Never made sense to me then either.

Wear maroon people. simple. the end.
Captain Pablo
AG
If you neon wearing clowns are so secure in your garb, you shouldn't care if others think you look like a dooosch.

BTW, why point fingers at Greeks? They are wearing maroon.

And count me as one who wishes that juvenile abortion of a ritual known as fish camp would just die. Seems all I ever heard about was the "counselors" scamming incoming coeds. That and a bunch of 18 year old brainwashed gomers running around campus in September.

[This message has been edited by Captain Pablo (edited 11/18/2010 12:04p).]
Captain Pablo
AG
FWIW, it's a football game. FTAB in khaki is one thing, but corps guys should be able to wear maroon if they want.
The Marine Biologist
AG
^Dentistry colored fishing attire is not "maroon".
Captain Pablo
AG

What is that sh**? Some 5th grade class doing a skit on their field trip to A&M?

[This message has been edited by Captain Pablo (edited 11/18/2010 12:08p).]
toddmandude
[facepalm]
I don't know of a single fish camp that still pulls together.

Does anyone else feel like the FB board is turning into the rivalries board with all this whining?
HooT
Nooo!! It's the most redass of the redass, doncha know? And I for one am SUPER BUMMED that I didn't get to be a counselor, BRO. A mohawk totally would have made my false sense of originality look bigger.
Captain Pablo
AggieDave02
AG
I agree that fish camp is ghey. My roommate was being initiated, for lack of a better word, into fish camp counselor gheydom his freshmen year. The idiots would barge in at all hours, and I mean ALL hours to torment him...and myself, by proxy. They always thought they were so damn clever showing up on game day in their neon. Just wear maroon for the love of all things Aggie!!!!!!

oh and fish camp is still ghey...well, at least the counselors.

Hulla Baller
AG
Lowren,

Welcome to TexAgs. You probably should just walk away now.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
I love that you attack the fact I had a run on sentence rather than focus on what I actually had to say.

Well this is a good point but it's difficult to focus when you're having trouble comprehending what someone wrote run-on sentences are the epitome of low intelligence in my opinion I think they should be outlawed how come it is so hard to punctuate I think you can do it if you tried it doesn't even take that much longer how did you get into A&M if you can't read/write/speak the English language correctly oh that's right the top 10 percent rule is still in effect looks like that is working out well for us I bet your SATs were horrible you probably got denied by Tech but snuck into A&M through the corps door that's all I have to say.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.