Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Fish Campers, Greeks, FLOs, etc...

33,670 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Viper16
Jabrone1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so, let me understand. Three of those "brahs" were wearing Aggie shirts. They were white shirts. White is one of the school colors. Somehow, their wearing white A&M shirts is ruining the atmosphere?
Captain Quagmire
AG
I'd rather have the FLO's than the Greeks, at least the FLO's encourage leadership and some of them fight for tradition.
redleg82
AG
Do not yell when we are on offense unless its to cheer the results of the play. I shouldn't have to point this out! Don't make me come over there and...why I outta!!!!
HooT
I firmly believe that Fish Camp is destroying A&M. Not sure what guys with blue mohawks have to do with any of our traditions.
Gigemaggies123
id say roughly 60 percent of male current students yell on defense, and probably less than 30 percent of female students yell on defense...
however id say around 50 percent of all current students are trying to get a signal on their cellular devices most of the game, or discussing what they will do after the game
Heelside Tantrum
Old Army has gone to hell
Kampfers
AG
quote:
id say roughly 60 percent of male current students yell on defense, and probably less than 30 percent of female students yell on defense...

Pretty accurate, from this current student's viewpoint. I'm typically third deck as I pull with a large group, and this is what I tend to see.
quote:
however id say around 50 percent of all current students are trying to get a signal on their cellular devices most of the game, or discussing what they will do after the game

This, however, is way overblown.
Jabrone1997
AG
guys like Gigem and click are like our generation's E. King Gill. Thank you for showing us frat guys, fish camp losers, etc... how to be true Aggies.

You probably hate those *******s that bring their bratty kids to the games too because the kids take the parents' attention off of the field.
StoicSoldier09
No Bonfire = No reason or means to keep traditions alive.

The University made its decision; sorry Old Army but neon clad douc**s aren't going away.

[This message has been edited by StoicSoldier09 (edited 11/16/2010 12:54p).]
P.C. Principal
aggie987
I wont be wearing maroon. For my first 3+ years as a student I had always worn my maroon aggie polo to home games and my white one to away games. The only exception was the maroon out games. However, after our 3 game losing streak, I had to mix things up. My white polo was dirty, so I wore my black aggie polo while watching the Kansas game. I decided to wear it against Tech just hoping for a spark. I wore it against OU and Baylor as well. I will proudly be sporting my black polo as I am positive it correlates with our 4 game winning streak. FWIW I'm not in a frat, FLO, fish camp, etc...
FairwayAg
AG
Excuse me pards, but what is FLO?

Faber College '62
chipotle
Freshmen Cool Kids Circle jerk. Seriously. That's exactly what it is.
Rosie11
AG
quote:
I firmly believe that Fish Camp is destroying A&M. Not sure what guys with blue mohawks have to do with any of our traditions.

Most people who don't go to fish camp never get a chance to learn about the traditions.
MisterJones
AG
FCKCJ?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Most people who don't go to fish camp never get a chance to learn about the traditions.

Which makes the loss of bonfire all that more appalling. You'd be hard pressed to find one kid that participates in student bonfire that doesn't know every other tradition at A&M. It's quite easy to find other kids at A&M that a) don't know about student bonfire, and b) don't know half the other traditions at this school, either
redassag12
AG
Times eleventy billion
mpaggie06
AG
Greeks aren't the ones doing this. They show more school spirit and get more into football game days than any other organization (save for the corps, who is obviously intertwined with the University, as compared to the Greeks who are hated by the University). These organizations wearing bright yellow/green/blue/etc and sitting on the first row of the 3rd decks are fish camp groups, FLIPs and FLOs. Please stop including Greeks in this, because as much as you wish it was that easy, it isn't. Greeks wear maroon shirts with colors and maroon dresses. Just like everyone else (save for the corps, again).
ClickClack
AG
I think if you're a student you should wear maroon but if you wear a white A&M shirt...meh it's not that big of a deal. I was more referring to not wearing neon shirts in a huge block like this thread was intended to talk about.

I wore that same white A&M polo as one of the guys in that picture to the tech game. I'm a former student though...if that matters.
FairwayAg
AG
And what the hell is a FLIP?

Faber College '62
Personal Best
AG
what about wearing khaki to the maroon out game?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
quote:
And what the hell is a FLIP?

Resume building waste of time

Stasco in the photo you posted, look at how many girls are on their cell phones in that picture. I count 3 plus 1 looking at another ones cell phone. Completely ridiculous.

quote:
Old Army has gone to hell

What the hell are you talking about? New Army has gone to hell. I graduated in 2009 and I know most of the older ags consider me to be "New Army" just because of when I graduated, but all of you kids need to nut up and throw some tones down towards the field. When the hell did a football become a place to jack around the entire time? If you want to do that, why the hell did you waste your daddy's money on a sports pass? Every single game I went to I was decked out with 3 12th man towels wearing maroon with abottle of Advil. I would yell until my head was about to explode, pop a few pills and yell some more while waving a towel every down (always kept extra for those who didn't bring one). And for those of you kids who think I'm being too hard core or a "102%er", you have absolutely what it means to be in the 12th man. I am sure I am nothing compared to the ags of Old, but I made damn sure that I tried my hardest. So put down your phones, wear maroon and yell your ***king ass off. 60 minutes of yelling isn't going to hurt you. Poosie.

"Trust me, I'm a scientist."

[This message has been edited by aturner12 (edited 11/16/2010 1:39p).]
Personal Best
AG
easy there guy..
JOHN2010
AG
quote:
These organizations wearing bright yellow/green/blue/etc and sitting on the first row of the 3rd decks are fish camp groups, FLIPs and FLOs. Please stop including Greeks in this, because as much as you wish it was that easy, it isn't. Greeks wear maroon shirts with colors and maroon dresses

Greeks are not the problem..

Its the ghey fish camp
Pignorant
AG
Well then let's get rid of fish camp so freshmen don't know any yells or traditions when they arrive at A&M. Sounds like a plan to me!
mpaggie06
AG
If we really wanted to "keep College Station normal", we WOULD get rid of Fish Camp, and find another way to teach them the yells, traditions, etc.
Personal Best
AG
"being involved in any organizations is bad! Students joining groups is ruining this University!"

-Everyone on this forum
JOHN2010
AG
fish camp is ghey!
P.C. Principal
Dear sweet baby Jesus I am so sick of everyone crying and whining about everything.
Tom, Bert, & Bill
AG
at least carpool saves lives
P.C. Principal
Oh and Greeks are not the problem. If you've ever watched us on TV they are the ones going the most crazy. The fish camp group is just a bunch of uncover nazis wearing bright colors.

Old Army has gone straight to hell!!!!!
Kampfers
AG
HooT

Fish Camp.
TexasAggiesWin
S
^
|
|
|

WTF is going on in that pic?
joeaggie8888
AG
I'm so sick of people whining about people whining! Haha Seriously though, this Saturday is not a day to try to stand out as an individual or to dress so that your group or organization stand out from the rest. The uniform of the day for all non Corps members is maroon whatever. It can be a t-shirt, a frat daddy fishing shirt, a sorostitute t-shirt dress or even ghey overalls, but it should be maroon. You are the 12th man. It's time you show it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.