Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Fish Campers, Greeks, FLOs, etc...

33,665 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Viper16
jimbotron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I don't understand why you wouldn't wear maroon to a game.

Seriously? I don't understand why the color of someone else's shirt would affect you in any way. How do people become so anal that these things even enter their brains? wow
aggiespartan
AG
I'm sorry but I don't think neon green shows your support for your team or the aggie family. You're at a football, supposedly cheering on the ags to a victory, not doing some worthless self promotion.

And the color of your shirt doesn't affect me. I just don't understand why you have such a problem with a maroon tshirt.

[This message has been edited by aggiespartan (edited 11/18/2010 8:44a).]
rae13
AG
quote:
I'm sorry but I don't think neon green shows your support for your team or the aggie family. You're at a football, supposedly cheering on the ags to a victory, not doing some worthless self promotion.

No. They are at the game to hang out with eachother and be awesome together. Honestly, if you find it more important to hang out together, and you are not even paying attention to anything going on, why not have a party somewhere else or something. You're just taking up good seats that other people could be in. Everyone wins.
jimbotron
If some queer boy wants to wear neon green, so what? That is how he chooses to represent himself, maybe his other shirts are dirty, maybe he just likes the color, I don't give a damn what his motives are and neither should you. Why should you allow his choice of wardrobe to affect you in any way? How insecure are you?
chipotle
Hell, it would even bother me if they wore like a purple, red, green or white shirt. But neon? That screams "you will pay attention to me and like it". It also says, "I pick up trash on the side of the road".

In fact, that's what I'm going to call these neoners. Trash Pickers.
Hulla Baller
AG
aggiespartan
AG
quote:
Why should you allow his choice of wardrobe to affect you in any way? How insecure are you?

I just said it doesn't affect me. But it does make me think that you aren't really there to watch the game and support your team. The game day event is called "maroon out." Why can't you follow instructions. If someone told you to wear your company's tshirt to an event and you showed up in a neon shirt promoting something else people would question you then too.

[This message has been edited by aggiespartan (edited 11/18/2010 8:55a).]
jimbotron
Hell why didn't the jews just follow instructions when the nazi's told them to wear little stars on their clothes, I mean c'mon no big deal, support your religion.
jimbotron
I would wear a company shirt because I am being PAID to represent that company, I don't have to take the job, it's still a choice.
aggiespartan
AG
wow. I can't believe you are equating maroon out to nazis.
jimbotron
It's hard to think of many examples of people being forced to wear certain clothes, because it is insane, and Nazi's of course comes to mind.
aggiespartan
AG
You aren't being forced. You are being asked to support your team. Other schools do this too you know....they just don't have as much participation. I'm sorry you don't stand behind your team and school as much as others. Don't wear a maroon shirt. I'm sorry it's so painful for you to wear your school's colors.
chipotle
quote:
Hell why didn't the jews just follow instructions when the nazi's told them to wear little stars on their clothes, I mean c'mon no big deal, support your religion.

Trying to hard to troll.
jimbotron
Wearing maroon isn't what bothers me. It pains me that it pains you that not everyone wears the same color. You should probably go wash your hands again for the 10th time today, I think you got some germs on them from your keyboard.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
quote:
Nazi's

Godwin's Law Proven

"Trust me, I'm a scientist."
jimbotron
Chipotle, it feels more like the trolling is coming from the other end, not me.
aggiespartan
AG
It pains me that we finally have a decent team and not everyone is on board to support them. My logic may be flawed but I don't think that's anything like OCD.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG

"Ain't gonna let no man bring me down crazy crackas!!"
jimbotron
Oh well, y'all have fun I have important **** to attend to, I hope that y'all are able to solve this issue without my assistance.
beast13
I sincerely doubt that the Texas A&M football team is going to look up into the stands on Saturday and go "Wow check out that section wearing neon/whatever color. Clearly they don't support our school or us because they are not wearing maroon"

The fact is regardless of what color they are wearing they are standing there with the 12th man cheering on their fellow Aggies. The unique thing about A&M is that people are accepted and we are all a unified family. The colors we wear at the games should not affect that. Usually people are wearing these shirts to support their organization and who are we to say they are wrong. It's their decision and to be quite honest without those organizations the third deck would be pretty empty. I know for my organization we camped out to group pull tickets and Mike Sherman came and visited everyone camping out. I do not personally remember him saying "Don't forget to wear your maroon to the game otherwise you are a bad Ag" I remember him saying "We truly appreciate your dedication to this team and you guys are what makes us the best student section in the nation." And when the football players came to bring donuts to the lines in the morning I don't think they skipped the people who wore neon to the games because IT DOESN'T MATTER. We are all standing as Aggies who cares what color our shirts are the fact that we are standing there with everyone else at the game shows our dedication to the Aggie family and the 12th man.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
page 7 on yet another glorious dick measuring texags thread.

so, who do we play saturday?
fire09
AG
@ the 4 or 5 girls that created accounts to defend flos, just wear team colors to the games. I dont care what crazy colors you wear to your meetings and resume building events. In the long run, it wont matter anyways.hth
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
im really glad i was a kid when neon first came around and an adult this time. that crap is ugly.
rae13
AG
quote:
@ the 4 or 5 girls that created accounts to defend flos, just wear team colors to the games. I dont care what crazy colors you wear to your meetings and resume building events. In the long run, it wont matter anyways.hth

And they thought nobody would notice...
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
In the long run, it wont matter anyways.hth

Interesting you should end your statement with this sentence. In the long run, will it really matter if you wear maroon or not to the game, as well?

(Playing devil's advocate, of course, but... I still enjoy the irony)
fire09
AG
Im glad someone picked up on it.
mpaggie06
AG
Holy *hit. Lufkin's account was created at EXACTLY high noon (12:00:00 PM). That doesn't just happen by accident. This..is a sign from God.

Definitive proof that Jesus loves that Ags, and that he lives in Deep East Texas. And frequents Rattlesnake Island on Lake Same Rayburn for both Memorial Day AND Labor Day.
BmtAggie428
AG
2 things-

1. Being in a FLO was hands down the best thing I did at Texas A&M.

2. Every negative thing you have described about FLOs, can apply to the Corps. They wear something other than maroon to games...check. They do stupid crap when they get put on camera...check. You guys have all been saying FLOs are glorified frats...what do you think the corps is? I could continue, but I need to study.

Bottom line...FLOs are good, and all you people bashing them that think the corps is awesome...just remember this- FLOs > the corps, and they have attractive females in them.
chipotle
I'm not bashing flo, I'm bashing their self absorbed neon shirt wearin motives.

Ef the Trash Pickers.
BmtAggie428
AG
well let's bash the ugly khaki as well...it sticks out in the stadium way more than any neon does...see any picture of kyle field, including maroon out and rwb out

disclaimer- I've worn maroon to every game I've ever attended
mpaggie06
AG
But BMT, you just don't get it. The corps IS A&M. They MADE the rules, and therefor don't have to follow them. Get in line and shape up, solider.
rae13
AG
Comparing the Corps to a frat or a FLO is the most idiotic thing in the world. They are the backbone to this institution. I'm not saying that it is for everyone, and I'm not saying the Corps should be mandatory, but if you can't respect the Corps as being the thing that started this great university, then you can GTFO. I hear SFA has a wonderful frat life if you would rather...
BmtAggie428
AG
quote:

But BMT, you just don't get it. The corps IS A&M. They MADE the rules, and therefor don't have to follow them. Get in line and shape up, solide

i forget...my bad
chipotle
Let me put it this way. I hate the corps, but:

The Corps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> flo.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
I hear SFA has a wonderful frat life if you would rather...

Funny. That's exactly where most of the corps would be if the corps didn't sneak them in...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.