Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Fish Campers, Greeks, FLOs, etc...

33,669 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Viper16
A_MBaseballFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I wore my grey pfg

TFM
agjp13
AG
I found Waldo.

[This message has been edited by agjp13 (edited 11/19/2010 3:38a).]
aggirl2011
What's a FLO?
agjp13
AG
FLO = Female Loving Organism?

Really?
Redass13

Wish I came to this board more often, this stuff is great.

Fire away.

"The other side is more passionate, so we need good people in politics to stand up for what is right" -Ted Poe
Hulla Baller
AG
ttt
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
pg. 11
aggirl2011
11...Whoop!
Johnny Z
AG
Ha! I had forgotten about FLO and these other organization. Ah, the memories. I remember going to Fish Camp and they promoted the hell out of that organization. You just HAD to be in it if you were going to amount to anything at A&M.

It came across as a 'cool kids only' club.

While we're sharing, I think I'll unleash on what I thought about a few other organizations.

Is Aggie Men's Club still around? I went to one of their little social 'rush' events thinking I wanted to join. I remember having two conversations with seniors and they both talked about how they looked forward to graduating so they could, and I quote, "get married and start having sex". Needless to say, I didn't return for another social.

Aggie Sisters for Christ was the worst. I'm sure their mission was good natured, but they had the biggest bunch of a-holes in that club. Snotty, unfriendly, and a walk-on-water attitude. My friend had two roommates that were in ASC, and they were anything but 'Christian'.

And Traditions Committee...Love what they do, but it was kind of like an older, more mature version of FLO. The kids in FLO shopped at Abercrombie while the kids in Traditions shopped at Banana. Same thing, different wardrobe.

So, I ended-up joining Fish Camp for two years and annoyed the hell out of them right back. : )

Fish Camp is like a really bad reality show. Its all of these people forced to spend their lives together for 6 months. They end up either killing or sleeping with each other.

But it was fun. My wife and I (who was actually my DG partner at my first Fish Camp) were in New Braunfels having dinner at the Gristmill and there was a table behind us full of Fish Camp counselors. We sat there and tried to figure out what role each of them played...
1. We'll all be doing keg stands before camp after I corrupt the hell out of this camp-Ag
2. Control-freak Ag
3. Ultra-Christian Ag
4. Camp Ho
5. Bee-atch/ACS/FLO/Sorority-Ag
6. Corp-Turd Ag
7. I'm the hottest dude here and the freshmen girls are going to worship me - Ag
8. I'm the hottest girl here and the freshmen boys are going to worship me - Ag
9. I was picked because I'm kind of a weirdo and the nerdling-fish need some one they can relate to - Ag
10. I lived on a farm or ranch-Ag
11. I think I might be ghey-Ag (not that there's anything wrong with that)
12. Lookin' for Love-Ag
13. I should have graduated 2 years ago and I look like I'm 30-Ag
14. Lets have a dinner party/go to Sweet Eugene's/play Cranium-Ag
15. Why did I do this? I could be at home in my own bed and instead I have to sleep on the floor at someone else's parents' house who I hate, all you people are driving me nuts-Ag.

As a side note, my wife and I didn't hook up until well after we graduated. And I think wearing anything but Maroon to a Maroon-Out game is stupid and you should not be allowed through the gates.
Waffle_Release_Date
quote:
pfg
Dammit I still don't know what a Flo is and there you go adding another mysterious acronym
swc93
AG
ttt for BMT
A_MBaseballFan
I thought this died. So glad it didn't haha
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Sorry to TTT for this thread but.....

I was at the ESPN taping today on campus. Even after 2 emails were sent out (one from the Student Body President and one from Pres. Bowtie asking everyone to wear maroon at the game and also on Friday to support the team) there are 2 guys wearing bright neon yellowish green with trucker hats on backwards and $0.30 plastic sunglasses.

"Trust me, I'm a scientist."
jimbotron
quote:
...hats...sunglasses.

Wow, now you people have a problem with other people trying to prevent skin cancer?
CLB2008
AG
haha glad to see im not the only one here that feels this crap has to stop.

but seriously, for one game, just wear maroon. if you wear it just to be annoying, piss off others here who are saying neon is ghey, etc. then that shows how ghey you really are. grow up, get over yourself, and take part in the tradition that is maroon out.

and that facebook page, "totalflomove" : TFM.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I would think its hard to prevent skin cancer when you hat is on backwards and is 80% mesh.

DanTanna86
AG
It appears effin libs have taken over my old school.
YourFavAggie
AG
If I recall correctly those two chumps, and their entire group left before they actually filmed the scene.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Thank goodness! Do you know if anyone got a picture of it while they were filming?

YourFavAggie
AG
I saw someone with a pretty nice DSLR camera taking pictures the same time they were filming. I am not sure who that was or why they were taking them.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Ah ok. I would like to get a nice still shot of the crowd with the sign

Texags is garbage
This shickt is still going???
agjp13
AG
page 11 and FLOs are still the lamest group of organizations on campus.
toddmandude
Staff: Kill thread with fire please.
MikeAg11
AG
quote:
And Traditions Committee...Love what they do, but it was kind of like an older, more mature version of FLO. The kids in FLO shopped at Abercrombie while the kids in Traditions shopped at Banana. Same thing, different wardrobe.

Do you even know what Traditions Council does? With the comment above, I would assume not.
Do you remember Silver Taps (if you ever attended one)? Well Traditions Council hosts the families for this tradition. They facilitate this tradition every month.
Do you remember the candlelight vigil in '99 the night Bonfire was supposed to burn? Traditions Council was in charge of that as well as documenting all of the memorabilia left at the site.
Now Traditions Council is in charge of Bonfire Remembrance week to help the study body remember the tradition of Bonfire. They also facilitate the morning of Remembrance.
Traditions Council also does speaking engagements across the state and on campus promoting and preserving the traditions at A&M.

Traditions Council does not spend their year selling t-shirts for every function they can think of like the organizations you are comparing it to.

I would suggest doing a little research before you make comments about an organization.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG

[This message has been edited by aturner12 (edited 11/19/2010 11:23p).]
TXAGFAN
AG
Simmer down Mike.
JOHN2010
AG
ttt for fish camp is gay
JOHN2010
AG
ttt for fish camp is gay
TAMU04
AG
ttt, this thread is too funny
YourFavAggie
AG
Mike,

I think it is pretty obvious that the majority of the people here are just looking for something to bash. Our recent win streak has killed the "coaches suck, players suck, AD sucks" so they have to find something else to bash, and it looks like they have chosen every organization on campus. Wouldn't worry about it too much
JOHN2010
AG
ttt for the new Neon out thread
A_MBaseballFan
FLOs
YourFavAggie
AG
Why?
Johnny Z
AG
Hey Mike - read my post again. Did I attack anything regarding the service that Traditions Committee provides?....No. I said I love what Traditions Committee does. As an Aggie, what your organization does means a great deal to me and I highly respect it, probably more than any organization on campus.

Its the self-promoting vanity of its members (some, not all) I can do with out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.