Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

48,657 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rule Number 32
Rule Number 32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish I could make it. I love the F3 Alamo guys. I try to make it out to Vortex where they are hosting it a few times a year as my in-laws live close. Also really enjoy hitting the Pitch on weekends when we are near SA. That seems like it is going to be an awesome event.
cgarcia23147
Looks like an awesome time. I'll be in Katy for the 2 year anniversary convergence at The Station. Anyone else?
cgarcia23147
https://instagr.am/p/CwVcoNmgzNQ
CyanideJenkins
AG
cgarcia23147 said:

Looks like an awesome time. I'll be in Katy for the 2 year anniversary convergence at The Station. Anyone else?

The Forge is shutting down for it.
nosoupforyou
AG
Yessir - I'll be there! See you both - along with 100 others!
SJEAg
AG
Anyone plan to attend the GrowRuck event in Fort Bend (weekend of 11/3)? We're hoping for a lot of participation from neighboring regions. It's being hosted at my AO, The Rocket!

Anyway, start announcing it in your CoTs and blasts and start training! That overnight ruck (and more) will be no joke I am sure (much less the 24hr option). Not sure I have that in me, but hope to be at most of the events.

https://growruck.com/event/gte-43/

Thunder18
AG
cgarcia23147 said:

Yea buddy
cgarcia23147
The Station celebrated their 2 year anniversary recently. Check out the video Vandrews Media did for us.

https://instagr.am/p/Cw8g0Qex_Gk
Rule Number 32
AG
Awesome video!

F3 North Houston is launching at Iron Meadows this Saturday in Magnolia.

High Meadow Ranch Rec Center @ 6:30 AM!
SuperAg05
AG
Does anyone here go to The Rock in the Meyerland area? I'm looking to get back into shape, but I'm a pudgy middle-aged dude and don't think I'd feel great or motivated if the entire group is in shape, younger folks...

nosoupforyou
AG
I reached out to those guys and here's their response below in bold word for word!

Hope you can make it on Thursday - come back to this thread and tell us how it went!

What's amazing is that I stopped counting after 10 guys responded to this thread and are now part of F3 - it's amazing to see! Probably 15+ by now

Ha, man! Ain't this the most common F3 statement ever! We've got em' in alllll shapes and sizes. Please just come!! It's truly FREE and OPEN to ALL men! We push each other to get better but we are all pudgy middle age dudes, aren't we ??
And guess what, if you don't like it, we'll give you a full refund!!! Show up wanting to get better and that's all we ask, you'll never look back once you do!
SJEAg
AG
Don't let that stop you. "Modify as needed" is a key selling point and the guys will all be extremely supportive of your limitations. Nothing makes the guys happier than seeing someone stick to it and improve themselves. The workouts all scale where anyone can participate and get stronger while it never gets easy either. And you won't be alone. From all the AOs I've been to, I'd say 75% are middle aged married guys at varied levels of fitness. Probably less than a quarter are ripped athletes or marathon types. The vast majority are out there for the camaraderie/fellowship and not just the fitness.
nosoupforyou
AG
SuperAg05 said:

Does anyone here go to The Rock in the Meyerland area? I'm looking to get back into shape, but I'm a pudgy middle-aged dude and don't think I'd feel great or motivated if the entire group is in shape, younger folks...

I also just got this message - strong recommend if you can come tomorrow

Also, if they want a low key intro to us, we ruck on Wednesday and have a spare!!
0530 on/near the Godwin park basketball court

The Rock is Monday/wednesday (ruck) /Friday.
The Yard which is very close is Tues/Thursday/Saturday

SuperAg05
AG
What's ruck?
Thunder18
AG
SuperAg05 said:

What's ruck?

Walking with a weighted backpack or weight vest.
nosoupforyou
AG
Typically a 30 lb plate in the backpack (ruck) and you just walk for 45 minutes.. about 2.5 miles

It's not strenuous- just burns more calories while you walk and talk
Rule Number 32
AG
the guys at the rock seem like a great group. Met several of them before they launched last year and I would definitely recommend.

I'll echo the other statement, 90% of the guys we work out with are middle-aged and just looking to find something that fills the role that being on a sports team used to fulfill in their lives. It is a good workout, followed by great fellowship. It's amazing how close you can get to people when you work together to achieve something.
Rule Number 32
AG
Was great to meet you this morning Karbach. Tha ks so much for starting this thread!

Successful launch of the newest Cypress location this morning!

Come see why F3 is so much more than just a workout group.
nosoupforyou
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

Was great to meet you this morning Karbach. Tha ks so much for starting this thread!

Successful launch of the newest Cypress location this morning!

Come see why F3 is so much more than just a workout group.

Yessir! Amazing to see at least 20 guys if not way more respond and show up

And the 5 locations in Aggieland too!
TexCalTex
Today, it's been 18 months since I apprehensively showed up to my 1st F3 workout at The Peak (in Katy). I can personally attest that no man should resist trying F3 out because they think they're not in good enough shape (as that was me). For that matter, no man should resist trying F3 out because they think they're in great shape. It's crazy how it works, but every single guy will get a great but doable workout no matter their physical condition, and no one feels less than or better than another guy at anytime during or anytime after the workout is over.

Last week, I turned 60; and I'm fitter now than I've been at any time in my whole life. That said, the fitness aspect of F3 is really just a byproduct of so much more. I've posted with several hundred different guys in various locations around Katy and all over the country over last 18 months. There are guys in very poor shape, in average shape, and in ridiculously excellent shape; but I've yet to come across a single meathead narcissist. Rather, it's just bunch of regular guys from all generations doing something hard together and lightheartedly having fun doing it.

BTW, I had the pleasure of meeting Nosoupforyou/Karbach for the 1st time the day after my 1st F3 workout. It turns out that he is truly a great dude, and no one has done more than him to make F3 throughout the greater Houston area so excellent.
nosoupforyou
AG
well - it's been too long since this thread was updated and it's New Years Resolution time so.... now that the 'there's no location near me' excuse is gone, is there anyone else reading this that is ready to join in?

You can see from the beginning of this thread so many men have joined in and are glad for it - SAY YES and show up tomorrow!
RoofingAg
AG
Just stumbled on F3 and would love to come check out a workout one morning. Looks like the closest ones to me would be The Tower, The Corridor, Hall of Pain, and The Point. Does anyone here make it to any of those?
nosoupforyou
AG
RoofingAg said:

Just stumbled on F3 and would love to come check out a workout one morning. Looks like the closest ones to me would be The Tower, The Corridor, Hall of Pain, and The Point. Does anyone here make it to any of those?

Awesome

I attend The Corridor and Hall of Pain- would love to have you out!

Corridor is Bootcamp Thursday at 5:30. Just bring gloves and water.

Hall of a pain is Sandbag Friday at 5:30z. Just bring gloves and water - we have loaners you can use.

See you soon!
ChipFTAC01
AG
nosoupforyou said:

RoofingAg said:

Awesome

I attend The Corridor and Hall of Pain- would love to have you out!

Corridor is Bootcamp Thursday at 5:30. Just bring gloves and water.

Hall of a pain is Sandbag Friday at 5:30z. Just bring gloves and water - we have loaners you can use.

See you soon!

Similarly, I'm at the Tower and we'd love to see you Thursday morning at 530 or Saturday morning at 630. Water and gloves is all you'll need.
OnlyForNow
AG
0530... bankers hours.

Out in FTX we start at 0500.
Seasoned Lifeguard
Just curious, what u need gloves for?
nosoupforyou
AG
Seasoned Lifeguard said:

Just curious, what u need gloves for?

Sometimes we do bear crawls - on the grass or on the pavement

Also, sometimes we use cinderblocks - so just for hand protection
ChipFTAC01
AG
OnlyForNow said:

0530... bankers hours.

Out in FTX we start at 0500.

To be fair, I am a banker.

OnlyForNow
AndAg
AG
Did it a few times here in Spring. Great guys just don't like working out in the morning. I work from home and have no reason to be up at 5.

Trying a regular gym in the afternoon again to see if I can stick better.
nosoupforyou
AG
Some guys come on Saturdays only at 6:30… There's no pressure to always attend early mornings

But glad you gave it a shot
AndAg
AG
Think that's a different location. Ours was only MWF but I did think I heard of one that would meet Saturdays as well.
OnlyForNow
AG
Most meet Saturdays.

Come back out. No one comes for the workout after a few weeks to be honest. They come out for the man across the circle from them AND a workout.
texasaggie2015
AG
I apologize if this has already been discussed- I glanced over the 11 pages but may have overlooked it.

Is anyone active in the F3 group in The Woodlands? I'm considering coming out one day next week.
SJEAg
AG
Active locations can be found at https://f3nation.com/workouts/

The Woodlands looks to have at least two, and good chance there is an OTB (out of band) loc or two as well. Which means a workout location that is new and being tested for sustained interest before officially "launching". Surprised actually The Woodlands hasn't exploded yet like Katy and Fort Bend, but sure it's time is coming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.