Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

48,656 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rule Number 32
nosoupforyou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you going to try it out tomorrow?
nosoupforyou
AG
you going to give it a shot tomorrow? weather is good - hope to hear your thoughts if you can make it
SnowboardAg
AG
Went there this AM - Hogg location. Humbling experience - thought I was in reasonably good shape - was I ever wrong. Modified quite a bit.

Really enjoyed it - guys were all motivating and supportive. Going back Thursday
swbiffy
Silky Johnston said:

3rd Coast is a devil worshipper, and for that reason, he is out

He does not have to be. It is open to ALL men. Devil worship is believing in higher power. Former atheists are the most powerful evangelist for Christ! Why? I am glad you asked! It takes much more faith to not believe in God than to believe.

F3 is not. Christian organization, but many of the men are Christians.
swbiffy
tv1113 said:

swbiffy said:

schmendeler said:

Quote:

F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith.

I could not be more disappointed in the meaning of those F's.
I should leave this alone, but I am too curious. What were you hoping for?

I can see that you are new here

Correct...
nosoupforyou
AG
SnowboardAg said:

Went there this AM - Hogg location. Humbling experience - thought I was in reasonably good shape - was I ever wrong. Modified quite a bit.

Really enjoyed it - guys were all motivating and supportive. Going back Thursday
Awesome news -so glad to hear you gave it a shot

And thanks for sharing your experience so the rest of the guys on this thread can see how it's not about 50 yr old guys out-performing you, haha! (but some will!!)
nosoupforyou
AG
did you ever make it out there? Saw they are consistently getting 20+ guys out there - so cool to see a brand new group hit it strong
nosoupforyou
AG
did you ever make it out to The Tank - Near Jordan HS?
nosoupforyou
AG
we will be out there tomorrow at 5:30 if you want to check us out

20 guys on Saturday and 22 on Tuesday - awesome start to a brand new group and lots of new guys coming in (more than 10 in the past week!).

Let me know and I'll be on the lookout
nosoupforyou
AG
AggieLong said:

Anything in Spring Branch, or is the closest in the Energy Corridor?
by the way - 2-3 new guys from this week live in Spring Shadows and Spring Valley - there will definitely be a new group out that way as soon as we can establish Energy Corridor- come on out tomorrow!
nosoupforyou
AG
the guys in F3 Austin made a video that is pretty good...
This particular group does earlier times than ours but some guys do those really early times if you want to find them, you can

check it out

OnlyForNow
AG
So I'm down at 359/723.

I guess the closest location to me is the Katy one on Spring Green?

I think I may get my lazy ass to this next week.
nosoupforyou
AG
OnlyForNow said:

So I'm down at 359/723.

I guess the closest location to me is the Katy one on Spring Green?

I think I may get my lazy ass to this next week.
nice!

so there are 2 groups and you are right in the middle - both are 10-15 minutes from Falcon Junction

one group meets at Cinco Ranch Lakehouse (google it and it comes right up) and the other meets now and has their official launch on June 26 and they meet at Pine Park in Cross Creek Ranch

can't wait to hear back after you attend! Saturdays meet at 6:15, instead of 5:15 so might be a good way to start
OnlyForNow
AG
Are the others 5:15 meets?

I'd probably like to hit the Cross Creek on since that's closer.

Can you point me to a contact person or just use the website?
nosoupforyou
AG
I will pm you - got name and contact info
CyanideJenkins
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Are the others 5:15 meets?

I'd probably like to hit the Cross Creek on since that's closer.

Can you point me to a contact person or just use the website?
Much to my dismay, I've decided to go to the Cross Creek meet up this Saturday if you're looking for another Ag. I live just north of there. Let the pain begin.

It'll be my first time to go. I'm bringing gloves, water, and a body bag just in case the guys need it for me afterwards.
OnlyForNow
AG
I won't be able to make Saturday do to kid's baseball.

But will be going to either the Tank or the Spigot next Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'm south of there so while not a long drive, it is about 15 mins so I don't know which one to go to.
Skillet Shot
How active is the kingwood group? Looks like they meat up in town center.
nosoupforyou
AG
Skillet Shot said:

How active is the kingwood group? Looks like they meat up in town center.

Pretty much every group has at least 10 because they only start a group by splitting a previous group and taking a large group to start it

Let us know if you check it out Would love to know how it's going up there! (I'm in the Katy group)
SnowboardAg
AG
Been going to the hogg now for the past 2 weeks. Great group of guys and the group fitness is motivating (especially when partnered up and you have to pull your own weight there).

I'm in spring branch area so very interested in a group there in the future
AgLA06
AG
There are some real dead zones in that map. Nothing in GOOF.
Daddy-O5
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Wish there was one north of 290; west and queenston isn't exactly Cypress
Ditto. In Tomball and the closest looks to be the spring one at the GP and 45. May give it a try soon.
nosoupforyou
AG
AgLA06 said:

There are some real dead zones in that map. Nothing in GOOF.

Man.. I've lived in Houston all my life.. where is GOOF?

Also - there are other groups meeting that are OTB (off the books) as they get started for a bit. After they Launch officially they go on the website. For example - my group The Corridor meets I-10 and Eldridge and will launch this summer.

But as soon as we launch, there is strong interest to start a group in Spring Valley area so it will expand along that way for sure

Where is GOOF?
nosoupforyou
AG
J_Daddy05 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Ditto. In Tomball and the closest looks to be the spring one at the GP and 45. May give it a try soon.

I can ask around but I'd recommend you attend the closest one and tell the guys where you wish there was a group. As soon as you have a solid group of 10 or so, they will start planning a new AO. They could use your ideas as you are not the first to mention needing a Cypress group closer to Tomball.
Sea Speed
AG
Garden oaks/oak forest
Daddy-O5
AG
For sure. Hard to start a group based on a few guys who "might" attend, although I'm probably going to at least give it a go a few times.

Seems to be an area that would easily take off though. Between 249/290 and the beltway/Parkway.
nosoupforyou
AG
Sea Speed said:

Garden oaks/oak forest

Ahh.. yeah.. I guess the Memorial Park group is best for you at this time- they call it The Hogg and is the first group started in Houston. There is a guy in this thread that attended and I hear continues to attend- not to mention the other guy on this thread that I know that has offered answers about The Hogg.

They always start a new group with a large base after splitting from a group that has gotten too big.. so all groups are solid.
nosoupforyou
AG
Agree! There's probably guys making the drive so once you attend and inquire they will keep your name on a list and when the numbers are there they will kick off a new group

Since I stated F3 in January, the Katy region has launched 2 groups off of 99 out of west, 2 groups off 99 inside 99 closer to Mason and Fry, and my group off Eldridge.

Growth has been awesome to see - I think people coming out of Covid realize they need to get back in shape and more engaged so F3 is thriving because of that
k20dub
AG
I live in Tomball and drive to the Woodlands one. About a 20 minute drive going 99. The 99 and 45 one is solid too, got started about 6 months ago so numbers aren't super high but that can be a good thing.
Daddy-O5
AG
Good to hear. Website shows MWF workouts at 530. MW being "bootcamp" and Friday being "run"? Sound right to you?

I'll shoot you a PM if I'm going to make it on Wednesday, if not certainly going to try next week. Will try and touch base.
CyanideJenkins
AG
I started this past Saturday with the F3 group in Katy/Fulshear dubbed "The Tank". It's a good group of guys. A good mix of ages and fitness levels. The workout was a SOLID crap-out session. I will definitely be returning.

We meet at Pine Park in Cross Creek Ranch. Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 5:15am and Saturdays @ 6:00am.

BubbleBoyB
AG
nosoupforyou said:

I will pm you - got name and contact info
Im also near Spring Green (Richmond/Katy) area and would like to give this a try. Please PM me with info and anything I need to bring. This looks great.
RO519
AG
nosoupforyou said:

J_Daddy05 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

I can ask around but I'd recommend you attend the closest one and tell the guys where you wish there was a group. As soon as you have a solid group of 10 or so, they will start planning a new AO. They could use your ideas as you are not the first to mention needing a Cypress group closer to Tomball.
A true Cypress location would be great. Going to the south side of 290 is a beating!
nosoupforyou
AG
if all you guys could visit once and put in the request, there are definitely others asking the same thing. Katy has added - this year alone - 2 groups west of 99, and 3 other groups off I-10 - near Mason, Fry, and Eldridge... and a Gessner location is coming in the fall for sure. (Spring Valley). They definitely need more support in Cypress - but note they won't split until they get to around 30 guys -then they take 10 and move to the new group so it's always thriving.

I'll also mention it to the Leadership over at The Crux as well.

Reminder - The Crux meets at 17100 West Road on Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30, and Sat at 6:30.
k20dub
AG
Each workout is led by a different person and they come up with the workout completely on their own. It's usually a good mix of stuff with running sprinkled in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.