Houston
Sponsored by

Nick Wright out at 610

22,747 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MelvinUdall
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's what the word on the street is.
Has anybody else heard anything about this?
Al Bula
AG
No I don't listen to AM radio trash
. . .
TV in Los Angeles?
Silky Johnston
He was on this morning. Did he say something stupid?
redag06
That's one ugly dude, definitely not a face for tv!
Silky Johnston
So then how do you know who Nick Wright is? ******
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
TV in Los Angeles?

Lesbian Craig actually has advertisers for his sports radio fan website?
jswags
AG
He says something stupid every morning.
bevokilla
AG
Isn't he the one that argued with Tom Herman or was that Lopez?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Both of them.
agdaddy04
AG
That was Lopez. Sometimes I don't know why I listen every morning.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Woildnt be surprised.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
He's denying it on Twitter fwiw.
BoxingAg84
He just said he'll be addressing the issue on air around 8:30 today..
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
said there is a major announcement at 830am.
aTm2004
AG
Just stated he's leaving. Doing a TV show for FS1 in LA.
Ag_07
AG
Just for clarification...This is the guy we're talking about being on TV?

Furlock Bones
AG
I like Lopez. He's going to struggle without Nick. Nick is the driver of the show. They are going to need someone else like him.
aTm2004
AG
He's a regular on the LHN.
aTm2004
AG
Exactly. When he's not on, I usually don't listen. I guess I need to find a podcast to listen to in the drive in.
AustinCountyAg
I am glad he is gone. all he wants to talk about is NBA basketball, and troll other stupid things nobody cares about in Houston...mainly basketball and Lebron James
gigemJTH12
AG
I like Wright. I think he is fantastic at radio. Sad to see him go.

(I realize that is an unpopular opinion)
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
I like Lopez. He's going to struggle without Nick. Nick is the driver of the show. They are going to need someone else like him.
Lopez has always been more of a color guy to the host. I am glad Nick is gone, he is awful.

The only thing consistent about sports radio in Houston is that it changes. Is that how other big cities is as well?
Furlock Bones
AG
Exactly Lopez is a color guy.

I am one of the few that likes Nick in doses. He can be incredibly poignant at times. But a lot of stuff is garbage.

I often wonder if other cities see the kind of turn over we do.
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
Exactly Lopez is a color guy.

I am one of the few that likes Nick in doses. He can be incredibly poignant at times. But a lot of stuff is garbage.

I often wonder if other cities see the kind of turn over we do.

its crazy. as someone who predominately listens to sports talk radio when I listen to radio, its so frustrating. I am also curious if this is a bigger problem in Houston than elsewhere.
fatrandy
As bad as 790 has been with their mornings lately, Nick and John weren't quite so horrible when I changed the dial. Still not a fan of Nick but he was better than that human garbage pail Josh Innes.

790 needs to offer Granato whatever he wants and have him and Lance do a show again. Because Lance just talked over Clanton (which wasn't always a bad thing) and MT just needs to go back to afternoons again, bc Clanton and Sean Jones might be the worst thing ever on radio(besides josh innes)
Furlock Bones
AG
Isn't Granato a part owner of Gow?
Ag_07
AG
quote:
790 needs to offer Granato whatever he wants and have him and Lance do a show again.

This will never happen.

From what I've gathered Granato is a partner in 1560 and it's kinda like his beloved child. He's not leaving.

Now if he wanted to offer Lance whatever he asked for I think it could happen, but Granato is too financially and emotionally committed to 1560 to leave.

And it's my understanding that turnover is common everywhere (in radio in general not just sports radio). Radio people are always looking for the better job in a better market and radio stations are always looking for the next big personality. Relocation and job hopping is seen as part of the territory.

FWIW...Nick wasn't too bad. There are worse and there are better. At times he got a bit too much with the trolling and race baiting and politics BS he spewed at times, but overall I enjoyed the combo of Lopez and Wright. It'll be interesting to see who they replace him with.
MAS444
AG
Granato and Zierlein were the best. Wish that could happen again.
fatrandy
You're right, totally forgot about his vested interest in 1560. I feel like LZ is holding out for something permanent at the NFL Network before he decides to bolt to another station.

There really hasn't been decent sports radio to listen to in a while...Charlie I guess, but mostly during baseball season, now that the stros aren't a dumpster fire, and Greg and ND.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
As bad as 790 has been with their mornings lately, Nick and John weren't quite so horrible when I changed the dial. Still not a fan of Nick but he was better than that human garbage pail Josh Innes.

Best thing that happened to sports radio in Houston was Josh leaving.

I like Lopez a lot better when he was with Vandemer. They seemed to have a good rapport. Nick and Lopez seems like a forced show that always trying to be edgy, which is driven by Nick.

MelvinUdall
A little off topic, I would love for 610 to dump Rich Lord and for him to leave the market forever.
Astroag
AG
I think a lot of the 1560 magic with John and Lance had also had to do with the producers...Chance and another guy (I think). If I remember there was rumor of some personal issues between the talent there and the opportunity to take 1560 from rebellious sports radio to a more traditional sports radio station

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Glad he's gone, now I'll try listening to the morning show again. No idea who they'll pair with Lopez but I will give 'em a shot. Could not stand Wright, just grated on my nerves way too often. Certainly won't miss his constant "blah blah blah THUH...(pause) ...(insert next word or phrase here)...blah blah blah."
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
No I don't listen to AM radio trash
so what do you listen to in the morning for sports talk?

Mike and Mike?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.